how do you feel bout your poker game?

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wish I had more discipline and could control my urges to make emotional calls.

^ This

I find it really hard to lay down good hands. It's as if I refuse to accept someone could have better.

In general though, I'm quite happy. I haven't been playing that long and and I'm starting to become much less nitty than I have been recently. Just got to keep on trying to improve.

B

bobboss171

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that i am a good player , but i need more expirience , and learning more poker , always learning ,,, thats poker !

AKQ69

AKQ69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what you are feeling. It is a lot to grasp and keep track of on the fly.

I'm trying to get my head around it by playing mostly premium hands and getting as much online practice in as possible in order to develop a poker instinct. :cool:

Last edited:
R

Rammbone

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over all I am enjoying playing less often but with a more concerted effort to play "right".

I don't enjoy the playing less often part but 100% agree on a more effort to play right. I have been studying some books and forums online, as well as video. I feel my game play has come far in the 9 months I've been playing but I am still just your average player I believe. When I get my br up I will know more I hope.

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad that my poker game has come as far as it has, but I'm aware that it still has quite a ways to go. I'm often fascinated at just how easy it is to backslide into playing poorly. Just a tweak of tilt here, a smidgin of impatience there, and my winrate tanks rather spectacularly.

Learning poker is like learning any new skill. You have to force yourself to do things (like calculate pot odds) at the beginning. But, as you plug away, these things become habit. Before you know it, you're playing 8 tables and making decisions based on numerous variables (stack size, bet size, opponent's range, etc) in a matter of seconds.

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Im a pretty solid player when I play my A game, my problem is keeping myself there and not falling into old habits of making hero calls when i know im beat or over adjusting every time i move up ( 3 shots a 25nl gone bad). However I've read some stuff about my mental game and think that I know the problem now i just have to correct it.

with 25nl you cant simply think on the 1st level to crush it. Gotta start thinking beyond what the "standard" poker player thinks about. That, I feel, is my biggest weakness.

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's ok. Sometimes I play a little too tight, so I need to work on loosening up at certain points.

Top 10 Games