dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The best way is to go to bed or do other interesting things to get distracted. Professionals advise setting a limit of 10% of the bankroll, if you lose this amount, you should stop playing. I think this is good advice, it will help not to experience very strong stress, and if you get into tilt, you will not lose a lot of money.

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am wondering the same thing...

Honestly I have no advice. I am feeling pretty frustrated myself. I completely understand that you can't always win but I have had a lot of bad beats lately and it all basically comes down to people pushing all in or calling high raises with no hand even after the flop. I definitely gets to me and I just find I need to step away and take a break. I definitely won't play for real money when I've just had a bad beat. It's not that it puts me on tilt, but it some ways it makes me too scared to play anything.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At a minimum you should always know the money you've invested in the poker tables and how much you've recovered from it or net profits, without forgetting to make a historic results in longer time periods: week, month, year and, finally, all gains and losses since you began to play.

Record and analyze each day from potential losses and profits, as well as investment in order to achieve the end result, number of hands played, open tables and a long etc, is really important and we would say that almost essential if you want to be a winning player in the long term.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
This is a good question, usually I smoke or I take a deep breath and calm myself. Also, a nice movie will bring you back the good mood.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually the consequences of a bad game catch me late at night and I get so tired after that game that I can't get angry and nervous, I just go to bed

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's simple for me. I play tournaments in the evening, so whenever I finish I just close my laptop and get ready for bed. I know I will play another tournament either the next day or within a few days. As long as I'm satisfied with the way I played, it isn't an issue. For me, it's almost always a bad beat or a hand I was forced to go all-in with because I was short stacked. Nothing to be ashamed of. That's NLHE poker for you !

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch the new episodes of my favorite series or a good movie to forget about poker. it allows me to escape and have a good time to reduce my stress.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I put on my headphones and playing soothing music and hope to calm down. Maybe get a snack that makes me happy. Perhaps not the healthiest choice but it definitely helps!

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
According to my personal observations, tilt can best be removed by a short walk along the street eating ice cream or some other goodies. And worst of all, by talking. By chatting with relatives, friends or just forum users, you run the risk of falling into an even bigger tilt because people tend to annoy each other, especially if they are in tilt. You can hardly remove the tilt in 20 minutes, but in an hour - completely. And when you are completely calm - you can start a new game

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music, cats, tea, bath, some comedy or funny videos and 12h sleeping ^^

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I ended on a really bad beat - I curse and swear for a while.

If it was just a run of the mill flip that didn't go my way (which is usually the case) then I forget it and move on.

If it was because I was playing badly then I quit for the day.

If it was a long game that never turned into anything worthwhile due to no cards and no luck, then I reassess whether to play anymore or take the rest of the day off.

I rarely get too emotional because outcomes are so heavily influenced by blind luck.

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really only get excited when I have invested hours in a tournament and get knocked out with the percentages in my favor. Unfortunately, I have developed the habit of yelling one huge loud curse word. I must break this habit for sure if I am going to play live anything soon. Calming down is easy when I just think that its part math and part luck and you need both to finish on top.

IcyPlayChips

IcyPlayChips

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad games happen mostly for two reasons:
1.You make a bad play
2. You make good play but still get beaten.
When first one happens then acknowledge the mistake and think of ways you could've played it better. When second one happens then the thing you need to acknowledge is the core of the game itself - that's just poker.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say goodbye to money before I start playing. And always go with a predetermined amount of money

Great strategy :D this is something i often apply. This is a great way to relieve stress. I realized, when i sit down to play high expectations, the greater the disappointment!

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see this question asked so much on this forum and I truly think that if most of us slightly losing players could handle tilt control it would push us to break even/slightly profitable. It's really after we get steamed and fire the next game on autopilot mode that the buyins start flowing out of the account.

I find the best thing for me is to start watching some instructional poker videos or maybe read some articles or books on strategy. This is good because it partially satisfies that craving you have to get more of the game, at least you're doing something poker related. And I find that once I have spent some time studying, cooled down that I feel good because I know I've worked to better myself and my game and then I'm more ready for the next round.

Gringo5521

Gringo5521

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you calm down your nervous system after unsuccessful games?

There are 2 options for the development of events:

1. There is a great desire to continue the game.
2. Neutral desire or desire disappears altogether.

In the second case, everything is clear - I close all poker rooms and start doing other things.
In the first case, I begin to recall moments when luck unexpectedly came and went, realizing the fact that it's life, where an unfortunate event or an unpleasant moment is replaced by a successful and favorable one :rock:

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you calm down your nervous system after unsuccessful games?
After good games and upswing or bad or and ugly games and downswing feeling tired or tilted its all the same,
Exclude have a good nights sleep save some and bring your roll back another day when rested and in the right frame of mind.
Week 1 task 1

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not really calm. How I deal with it when I lose a big chunk of bankroll is I tell myself of course I would lose all that money because I am never that lucky.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play again!
Variance is something you must learn to live with

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
turning into Rage Monster is clearly the best way to calm down :cool:

xxxSSSxxx

xxxSSSxxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great strategy :D this is something i often apply. This is a great way to relieve stress. I realized, when i sit down to play high expectations, the greater the disappointment!
Same here. And another great benefit is that only then I play my game ( in other words I play it right ). When there is too much pressure, I often make mistake of not playing hands I should, and not paying opponents when I know I am good.

Top 10 Games