How to deal with those days when you don't feel motivated at all or when you get tired to play or study?

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Quit everything, get enough sleep, watch a comedy on TV, go to nature, to the lake, drink a bottle of beer and start an affair with a woman, dude, teach you everything, do what your soul lies in.It will always be useful to hear someone else's opinion on those moments that may seem too boring and the same for you.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
just take a break and don't play.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
The main motivation in poker is to win money for a secure future. If you are tired of the game or you lose embarrassingly, then this is the best time to distract yourself with your favorite games, watching movies and TV shows. For example, in addition to poker, I have 2-3 games, and playing them is easy enough for me to get distracted and forget unsuccessful poker games.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Poker is just gambling and lot of luck. Most will disagree with this but also nearly all of them on site win nothing either

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The best thing would be to pause for a couple of days to recharge your batteries and your mood.

idhemmy

idhemmy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I take a short break and do something fun or relaxing. Then I come back to it with a refreshed mindset and more energy:geek:

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Lately there were many days where I didn't have the time or motivation to shuffle around virtual chips on a computer screen, and on those.days ... I usually can be found doing something else. 😀

Unless you really depend on Poker to be your main income, why should I force myself to play to begin with? Weren't we all first attracted to the game because it's fun? When there's no fun, it's work.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not a stupid question but a simple one to answer. If your not into it just take the time off from play and study. I have done that in the past. Some times its a day or 2. Sometime its a few weeks but when I come back I am more re charged and ready to play..

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
At such moments I try not to play at all, and it depends on the person, their productive time, lifestyle, issues outside of poker, so for a good game you need a good condition.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i step back for a bit and wait until the desire returns!

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
is not mandatory to play if you dont want to play :))....it is simple just dont play :)

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We all have days where we don't feel motivated to play or study. It's important to remember that it's okay to take a break and rest when needed, but it's also important to develop strategies to help overcome those feelings of low motivation or fatigue. Here are a few tips to help deal with those days:

1. Take a break: Sometimes, taking a short break can help you reset and come back to your tasks with more energy and focus. Take a walk, do some stretching or take a power nap.
  2. Change your environment: If you are studying or playing in the same place for a long time, it can become monotonous and boring. Change your environment by moving to a different room or even going outside to get some fresh air.
  3. Break tasks into smaller goals: Instead of focusing on the larger task at hand, break it down into smaller, more manageable goals. This can help you feel more accomplished and motivated as you reach each smaller goal.
  4. Find inspiration: Look for inspiration from your favorite players or study material. Watch a video or read an article about something that interests you, and use that inspiration to motivate yourself.
  5. Find a support system: Talk to friends or colleagues who are also interested in what you are studying or playing. Sharing your experiences with others can help you feel less alone and more motivated.
Remember, motivation is not a constant feeling, and it's okay to have off days. However, developing strategies to overcome those off days can help you stay on track and continue to improve in your studies or play.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
You just don't have to play every day.

Hanselot

Hanselot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
What a stupid question… please clarify exactly Where are you going with this question - weirdo….
You shouldn't respond like that, my friend. There are no stupid questions, and if that were the case, that's not the way to address it. Greetings, and have a cup of tea :coffee:

Hanselot

Hanselot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Don't play my friend. Remember that, after all, it's just a game, a big game that should bring us joy. You can watch a stream of someone playing while you have a drink, that might motivate you, or simply do something you enjoy, like going out, exercising, reading, or studying. Never forget the importance of enjoying what you do!