How to deal with those days when you don't feel motivated at all or when you get tired to play or study?

Gian Totaro

Gian Totaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
What do you do when you face those days? I think the best way to deal with those emotions is to do something, whatever, study poker, play, the idea is to be able to do something that keeps you focused.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a stupid question… please clarify exactly Where are you going with this question - weirdo….

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you do not have the motivation to study something, then you should go in for sports, it gives motivation or watch videos about motivation videos, for example, and you will become a little motivated and find the strength to do something or learn, I think you need to do this when you don't have enough energy

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
There are no stupid questions....
I think if you aren't feeling it just take a break and come back to it fresh,
it's not mandatory to play or study if you just aren't feeling it that day👍

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sometimes it is best to take a break and do something else like go for a walk or watch a movie. Sometimes it helps me to exercise while reading or watching poker videos or listening to podcasts...something like a stationary bike or a treadmill.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best thing to do when you feel unmotivated to play is to go outside for recreation, with friends or to play sports, then the next day go back in with batteries.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Continue playing?

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It would be best to relax by doing something else, but it's hard to do that when it's about poker

waitandblead123

waitandblead123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you don't want to take a break, don't force yourself

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Self-care helps me. Just telling myself to PLAY

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, just rest, do other things, something you also like to do, go for a walk, meet friends, whatever you like, from there you will come back much more motivated to play

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Since we all play poker as a hobby, it's probably the best just to not play or study.

Just enjoy other things. ☺️

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
As a 15+ year winning micro/low stakes rec/hobby player when it gets too that point(I try not to let it) but when it does that signals too me it's time for a break and too get a better poker life balance. Personally the idea is too relax, doing another hobby, sit around and do nothing or take a 4-5 day vacation whatever. Get away from the table and unwind last thing I'm gonna be doing is focusing on studying poker or anything else to do with poker. Cause in my experience when in that frame of mind studying poker and going over HH is like trying to play when not at your best or feeling it. It's basically a waste of time.

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
Diegochak

Diegochak

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Always keep me focused on the objectives, some days is good have a rest in the grind schedule.

pabbl

pabbl

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Go running ... it clarifies and you get focused. Endorphine...

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you do when you face those days? I think the best way to deal with those emotions is to do something, whatever, study poker, play, the idea is to be able to do something that keeps you focused.
I accually rether take a nap so that when I wake up I can focus on the game.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
On such days, I just take a break and rest. I walk, watch series, cook, drink beer, meet with friends. It is better to take a break than to be forced to do something for which there is no inspiration and interest.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't know too. If I think rationally the best thing to do in those days is just do something else, like other hobbies you have. But sometimes I'm tired but there are great tournaments to play and I ended up playing them even. Of course in those days I don't have patience to play, so, usually I make bad decisions.

rion85

rion85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Usually if I'm tired I just sit on the balcony and drink a beer or wine or just a coke :) Or the best to eat ice cream, and if my brain really tired because I work 10-12hrs a day fron of the screen, I just go out and ride a bike in the nearest forest :)
Or if I'm completely out of my mind I just play PUBG with my friend on XBOX :)

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's okay to not play poker and to not study poker. Do things that you enjoy doing instead on days like these.

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Listen to your favorite music, spend time with your best friends and your girlfriend.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Listen to your favorite music, spend time with your best friends and your girlfriend.
Or boyfriend, brother, sister, other family you like, pets, etc.

Or if you are in a nursing home, maybe take a look through the window across the street and go for a stroll with a walker.

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Or boyfriend, brother, sister, other family you like, pets, etc.

Or if you're in a nursing home, maybe look out the window across the street and take a walk with a walker.
:))))))))))

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No need to play if you dont fancy it. And even less reason to do so if you arent going to play well. Just do something else