How to Deal With Insults From Other Players?

Davydave

Davydave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any "ignore" feature, when available, is your friend. Just like any social media site, people can and will say hurtful things online that they would never say in person. It happens to all of us eventually. It's all noise intended to get you off of your game. I normally don't even use the chat window anymore.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ignore it if you can.
if you cant, you can say... "my condolence to you".. test his education, high chance he/she will stop typing :)

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing at all or say things to further upset the player. It's just words at a poker table. I find it comical.

You should reply : This is a bot , No.54288, Bot will not get cancer and die, sorry.

+1

M

mr_kommpa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have acctually never gotten those comments :p, the worst I have gotten is "Zzzz..." and I tend to block them as fast as possible because it gets really annoying after a while.

If someone would tell me to get cancer and calling me a bot, my response would depend on my opponent. If its a fish I block them and keep playing, if its a reg I try to tilt them. I have seen regs ranting after a fish sucked out on them or whatever, usually I take the fishes side and try to push the reg to full tilt. I really dont understand how a reg can be stupid enough to tell a fish how bad they are. They deserve to get tilted.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if he wouldnt have moved I would take all his chips :p

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Do not bother to answer, or say something good to put him in his place.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ignore him

Playing on PS today, in High School tournament one player started saying I was a bot then started to insult me including telling me to get cancer and die and worse. How do you respond to such people? Luckily I go moved to another table before I said something nasty back.:mad:

When a player gets that nasty at the table, you've got him just where you want him. Do not respond with nasty comments back, just wait for the right opportunity to take his chips...that way, you will either put him out of the game, or you can just send a smiley face after he complains when you win his chips. That will get under his skin even more...when he's on tilt, play against him more aggressively.

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your decision

It's always about mind control, this people only cause trouble and try to get your mind blownd up, it's up to you if you let them, in the thread there are some solutions for you, the 2 best solutions are. 1.-Answer back, always with no offense in case you get reported to moderators, 2.-Report to a moderator, they always act soon to this situations.

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It wouldn't have been as bad if someone said that to ME? But I had someone say He hopes my WIFE gets cancer and dies!
Little did he know my wife already had stage 4 breast cancer and was dying from it...a year or so later, she did pass.
I was Outraged! when he said that. I wanted to beat the living sh*t out of him!
All I could do was report him to the poker site. Hoping he was banned.
Not much justice, but I'm a believer in Karma. Hope he gets what he deserves.

J

johnathan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
just ignore and let him demolish his image since he's surrounded by his peers i suppose?

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't respond, you will encounter many trolls online there is no point in firing back because it goes nowhere. Just ignore them and block their chat if you need to.

paipingprung

paipingprung

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should have taken a stand for all poker bots worldwide or you could except the fact that ALL players have sore loser moments.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I only send emoticons . in the chat nobody answer. ( because do not understand and do not have time)

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i read it, i thought u were gonna say this was said during live play, online is no surprise, racist remarks and trash talking, belittling is pretty normal in a anonymous chatbox

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ignore that rude individual. Focus on your game and don't let any words get to you...

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been called many things over the years .... to the point of "googling " for a translation ! I just laugh , and turn off the chat to that player, I have only reported people to the moderator if they are using bad language , or if they get into a major fight with other players. ( have reported people that keep chatting in another language to )
They have problems that they feel they need an outlet for - unfortunately it is you sometimes.

ankitantil

ankitantil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever you won pots against such players show evil smile and laugh :D
They will die inside
Let them bark and keep laughing
Hahahaha

A

amitmanchanda

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally I will just laugh at them as it makes them more irritated.

A

amitmanchanda

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just laugh back at them, it will make them more irritated

1tobeat64

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad Mouthing Other Players

I find it very annoying when I sit at a table and another player starts bad mouthing a player for how they are playing. instead of ignoring the bad mouthing player, That player starts bad mouthing back, It sure took the fun out of playing at that table.I looked for a way to report the two players but could not figure out how to report the problem to administrator, Anybody have thoughts on how to deal with player that have no respect for other players at the table, poker stars screen name DREAM ON

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
his name is Dream On?make him stop talking, win him and get his chips,you can report what you really find annoying but I am not sure if you can report the irony and that they make fun off you and your playing . However, I do not understand the reason why someone can negatively comment on the play of another player ,they are all professionals or something ..?I would just play and ignore them if you cant stand them just close the chat, by the way you have to be concentrate when you playing so keep calm and enjoy the game

Last edited:
A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When that's happening you can click on the chips rack on the table and call a chat moderator from there.
Don't know why it's not always available.

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just ignor it you cant get away from seeing it happen-live and online

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Turn off the chat, either for the specific players or for the whole table.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Turn off the chat, either for the specific players or for the whole table.
Wrong way to go mate, egg them on and they start donking off to you.

I find it ammusing and an opportunity to exploit both of them. You side with each one and it confuses them.

But hey, what would I know, I'm just an Aussie Bastad.

[emoji2]