How to Deal With Insults From Other Players?

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don't respond to what you write in the chat during the game only responds to emoticons same emoticons and I can tell you don't pay attention to sick people

Emi

Emi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to laugh and have fun, the other person just tell you the little hell he's feeling in his heart in that moment

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it`s prob a kid,,,i respond in kind with-`have a nice day` which if you have ever worked in retail,knows that means `f-you` Than turn off chat and proceed to take the little punks chips and send him back to his mother`s teet! lol

PogHuk

PogHuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is an old Russian proverb: "do not dig another hole, into it himself will fall!". Ignore the fools, most likely, life will punish him for those words.

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ignore it. The player is tilting and you should be the bigger person and not respond to such a vile thing to say. I'd even say report them to the site for that. Well over the line of "table banter".

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
SnG either 1 dollar 50 cent or 50 cent SnG 9 man, I seen you a few times vs me.

Are you sure?:) I don't play cash on stars :cool:
but you have actually scared me with this enthusiasm :eek::eek::D:D

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SnG either 1 dollar 50 cent or 50 cent SnG 9 man, I seen you a few times vs me.
Still sitting at the `kiddie` tables i see,rat-mad.When you gonna grow a pair and come play with the big boys?:deal:

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This "get cancer and die" thing must be European or something. I know it's pretty common in some circles, but I have no idea why.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All you need to do is ignore such players, there are a lot of them, and i never look at their words.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just ignore it and don't answer anything. Saying those kinds of things to someone is a strong indicator that they don't have everything okay in their own lives and they feel bad. Then when they lose, those emotions multiply and something like that comes out of their mouth. Or then they are just immature brats who don't really know anything about life yet. Some might even purposely seek responds and try to make others angry so ignoring is the best way to react. But if something is getting way out of line, then you can just report that chat to moderator and they will continue from there.

This is pretty much what I was going to say.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Those players I always tell them, that they are showing the level of Education and values they have, so must times they feel guilty and stop been stupids!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I rarely reply to a message when I'm playing, especially for all kinds of nonsense !!! And I advise you not to be distracted !!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I rarely reply to a message when I'm playing, especially for all kinds of nonsense !!! And I advise you not to be distracted by every nonsense !!

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are stupid people everywhere,you don't have to listen to them, close the chat and play your game!!! GL

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Just ignore them. Block chat block chat bubbles block image. Report them if you want, reporting would result in them either getting a warning from pokerstars or being banned from chat for a period

I see this cancer comment quite a bit and not only on freerolls I have been told this and similar pertaining to my dog, mother, father on $7 and $15 spin n gos.

Just plain disrespectful and foul mouthed players. In my view Pokerstars should ban them from playing. Unfortunately the max punishment is being banned from chat.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the biggest thing is not do what he says. In all seriousness though, I would definitely not start a "war" with him. Obviously he can say some pretty devastation things, I would not want to know what else he has to say.
I have in the past just blocked their chat, they get even more mad at that. It is like being extra polite to someone who is a customer and are being real snippy. If you are overly nice to some people it gets them mad as heck. I prefer being nice to people myself. You never know what kind of day the person is having and it just might change their outlook for the whole day, or even longer.
I have heard a lot about bots as of late, and some people get pretty mad about that as well. I think I would have just said at the start that I am not a bot, and I don't really appreciate being talked to that way.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also will sometimes just leave it on the stats section instead of the chat. I really don't chat much if at all. Too easily someone will take something the wrong way (hard to see emotion online".

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Just ignore it and don't answer anything. Saying those kinds of things to someone is a strong indicator that they don't have everything okay in their own lives and they feel bad. Then when they lose, those emotions multiply and something like that comes out of their mouth. Or then they are just immature brats who don't really know anything about life yet. Some might even purposely seek responds and try to make others angry so ignoring is the best way to react. But if something is getting way out of line, then you can just report that chat to moderator and they will continue from there.

+ 2

Marcos mats

Marcos mats

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use pokerstar's chat to comment hands to greet friends when they talk to me without knowing me with a bad tone ignore and play. ignore it!

We are together!
😎👊

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I laugh at people that make comments like that and most of the time ignore them.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would just ignore them in the chat and continue on playing my game and not let it bother you.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when a person treats another person like this, it speaks to there faults not yours. There lack of respect not yours. Just know your the better person and most likely the better player thats why there mad! "NEVER" stoop to there level!!