How big of a difference in 10 NL VS 50 NL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fwiw, madtom is making a lot of sense here.

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
This is what made my staker want to stake me for those of you who keep wanting to go on about the stake instead of what I really asked.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-games-11/my-first-week-shot-5c-10c-179540/

kd8tuc.png

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
fwiw, madtom is making a lot of sense here.

If you call not answering what I asked and making comments that I already know making sense, then sure.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's not a stupid guy, and plus $1,000 to him is nothing. He's just not really an online type of player and is impressed that I can play so many tables and how much I can make off of just 10 NL.

I wouldn't lose it all anyway, if I got down to $500 I'd stop.

Btw, Many stakers are not letting this happen. They dont want you to quit just after a 10 buy in loss, they cant make money that way. Plus if you are 16 tabling, 20 buyins leaves no wiggle room and it is very easy to lose 10 buyins in a session.

madtom1337

madtom1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is that all of your graph? 20k isn't a huge sample. A winning 50NL player's graph at 10NL FR would be a steady decent incline I suspect.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is what made my staker want to stake me for those of you who keep wanting to go on about the stake instead of what I really asked.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-games-11/my-first-week-shot-5c-10c-179540/

kd8tuc.png

Just take it this way, everyones experience at the different stakes is different. Ppl crush 200nl and fail hard at 400nl, and vice versa, thats just how it works. There really is nothing that we can say, you just have to play there and see what the differences are for yourself because it varies on the type of player you are and where you play but trust me that you are definitely not ready for it and that is all you need to know.

Btw, for you to break even and make a ton at rakeback, you need to play 300K hands or so a month and 20K in 8 days wont cut it.

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Just take it this way, everyones experience at the different stakes is different. Ppl crush 200nl and fail hard at 400nl, and vice versa, thats just how it works. There really is nothing that we can say, you just have to play there and see what the differences are for yourself because it varies on the type of player you are and where you play but trust me that you are definitely not ready for it and that is all you need to know.

Btw, for you to break even and make a ton at rakeback, you need to play 300K hands or so a month and 20K in 8 days wont cut it.

Clearly, that was 20ish hours of play.

But even so JUST breaking even would have gotten me $250 minimum in RB at that stake for 20 hours.

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.pokertableratings.com/fulltilt-player-search/TheCokeGuy

Stick to the micros from now, post some hands and clear up some leaks and then you can talk about going up to the 25

I'll post this again, I'm getting tired of repeating myself to comments like this.

You guys are basically telling me not to be staked free money to take shots at 50 NL? Thats gotta be the stupidest thing I've ever heard, why not? Its a great learning experience and I've got nothing to lose.

I'll say this again, this is about the difference between 10 NL and 50 NL, NOT about me being able to beat it and whatnot, I already figured long before posting this that I can't, not that there is no reason not to try, I just wanted some tips/advice.. Bashing with stuff I ALREADY KNOW is really ridiculous and stupid on your part.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Clearly, that was 20ish hours of play.

But even so JUST breaking even would have gotten me $250 minimum in RB at that stake for 20 hours.

Yes but it took you 8 days to play 20 hours. You would need to paly 8 to 10 hours a day for it to work out just on rakeback. and you would make max 200 rakeback for 20K hands and its probably closer to 150. No way you make minimum 250 rb for only 20k hands at 50nl.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll post this again, I'm getting tired of repeating myself to comments like this.

You guys are basically telling me not to be staked free money to take shots at 50 NL? Thats gotta be the stupidest thing I've ever heard, why not? Its a great learning experience and I've got nothing to lose.

I'll say this again, this is about the difference between 10 NL and 50 NL, NOT about me being able to beat it and whatnot, I already figured long before posting this that I can't, not that there is no reason not to try, I just wanted some tips/advice.. Bashing with stuff I ALREADY KNOW is really ridiculous and stupid on your part.

Fine take the ****ing stake. Just be prepared which is what we are trying to tell you.

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes but it took you 8 days to play 20 hours. You would need to paly 8 to 10 hours a day for it to work out just on rakeback.

Way to state the obvious, for every 20 hours thats $250 like I just said, for 8 hours a day 5 days a week is $500 per week.

What are you trying to point out?

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Fine take the ****ing stake. Just be prepared which is what we are trying to tell you.

Your trying to tell me stuff that is off topic to what my main original question was.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I am saying is you are not a ****ing grinder. You are not playing huge amounts of hands a month and thus wont be making enough rakeback and you are not making that much rakeback every 20K hands.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could you tell whoever is staking you that I have some magic beans for sale? Thanks!

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to admire you, marginal. You're a helluva lot more patient/tenacious/masochistic than I am. Oh, I bet you're trying to get to 2500 posts. That's it.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to admire you, marginal. You're a helluva lot more patient/tenacious/masochistic than I am. Oh, I bet you're trying to get to 2500 posts. That's it.

Got it, goodbye thread :D

Last edited:
IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
What I am saying is you are not a ****ing grinder. You are not playing huge amounts of hands a month and thus wont be making enough rakeback and you are not making that much rakeback every 20K hands.

Depends on what is a lot to you, for 50 NL playing 8ish hours would get me $100+ just in RB.

Plus who said I wouldn't be playing huge amount of hands? Just stay on topic and don't act like you know everything of what I'm going to do or have done in the past.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are overstating what you will be making for rakeback. Have you ever played 10K hands in a day?

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You are overstating what you will be making for rakeback. Have you ever played 10K hands in a day?

Actually I'm understating but you know everything right.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You do realise that you have never played 50nl? I have experience up to 200plo so I think I know a little bit more than you about matters of rb etc and how things work.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Btw, answer my question, have you played 10K hands in a day?

madtom1337

madtom1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lmao @ PTR...

@OP, you're at the stage where you still need to be spending a lot of your time learning, reading the poker books/strategy posts, watching coaching videos, playing sweat sessions with poker buddies if you have any (doubtful judging by the way you've gone on).

You're losing at 10NL over a small sample, but you've copped some rakeback. So from this your conclusion is, "Omg, look at this tasty rakeback! If I was playing 50NL I could be making a ton!" - No. It's not that simple. The fact that you haven't lost a ton may just be good variance. It's easy to be fooled into thinking that you can beat poker when you learn a few things and aren't losing so much. Additionally, this is a psychological leak that will inhibit your ability to plug your poker leaks as efficiently. Time to get back to the drawing board, I think, bud.

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You do realise that you have never played 50nl? I have experience up to 200plo so I think I know a little bit more than you about matters of rb etc and how things work.

I love counting all the ignorant statements you make, your one of those people who acts like they know everything about somebody but really they have no clue.

And I've done my own math with RB (always UNDERestimating) and have used some RB calulators.

Heres one,
Daily rake $731.00 with $197.00 rakeback
Weekly rake $5,120.00 with $1,382.40 rakeback
Monthly rake $20,480.00 with $5,530.00 rakeback
http://www.rakeback.com/rakeback-calculator/

This one says almost double of what I calulated, but if its wrong then please do use your insane math skills to prove otherwise that $100 in RB per day isn't possible for 8 hour sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.