How bad of a poker player was I?

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not big thing.Fold a royal flush will not loose big money.I remember I flop a straight flush.Although I choose the slow play,but everyone check from flop to river.When I bet a little,all folded.So I only won a little.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
WHY HE FOLD

i've made some horrific plays and still do sometimes. i shove every once in a while when 8 hits the river. only to be called and realise after my chips are gone that 8 didnt give me a str8. but this post made me think of this.

https://www.cardschat.com/f49/flopped-trip-kings-lost-aka-moron-80645/

Why did that guy fold a full house??? I've never anything more stupid than that. Even when I first started to play I knew if i had trips that was very good. I know me folding the royal was very stupid, but I don't think I ever folded trips.:eek:

I don't know why you whove on river's when 8's hit, but you must have your reasons. I would only shove on river if I know I got the nutz.:D

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Feel better

I've posted this before, I was in a MTT low buy-in and got a royal,, my nephew was playing on the same site (different table} so I called him. While all this was going on, yep, I timed out. DOH

This should make you feel some what better. (I hope).

Take care

TheNoob

TheNoob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I folded a flush once live by accident.

I thought the last card was a diamond, but with a little squinting (post muck), I saw I made the flush.

Yes, I know. I need glasses. (and hope for seat 5 or 6)

C

CardConnoisseur

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing serious like you guys. Ace 10 before flop. Flop comes ace-10-7 I think, two clubs. I believe I checked raised, and got called. Next card 6 of clubs, making up for any straight/flush draw he might have had. He shoved, and I folded. He showed me ace-6...

I was FURIOUS.

Duccleman

Duccleman

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
was playing HORSE and while playing RAZZ (I thought) halfway through the hand I realized that the game had switched to Stud Hi (at the beginning of the hand) on fifth street when I pairded up. Ended up winning the hand with trip 7's

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man that the funniest thing i have heard!!

I have only hit one royal flush and i was on tilt in a tournement!!!!

R

roger_l

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well cant say I have ever folded a royal. I did know the hand values the first time I played for money hehe. But I do remember one thing really stupid I did the first week or two I started playing. I thought having position meant going first. Because I was always thinking if I bet first the other guy usually folds, if he gets to go first they always bet and I have to fold unless I have something and rarely do lol.

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had the same problem when I first started playing, but back then we didn't have the internet, so I had to trust my buddies lol, but I always had the funny feeling the reason they would invite me to the games, was just because I didn't know hand rankings, kinda like two pair, beat three of a kind, I wish I knew where they lived now, I'd like to play with them now lol,:rolleyes: oh best bet would be 4,5,6 times the big blind you will have a better chance at winning the pot, rather then slow playing it!

acehearts1

acehearts1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the best hand i folded was a flush and thats because i flopped the flush and the turn came another flush card and i had J 10 spades and the board read 568spades and turn came 2 spades so i was pretty scared lol it was a $10 s-n-g

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wagon, Wagon, Wagon

I've posted this before, I was in a MTT low buy-in and got a royal,, my nephew was playing on the same site (different table} so I called him. While all this was going on, yep, I timed out. DOH

This should make you feel some what better. (I hope).

Take care

This makes me feel a little better, LOL. I didn't think about calling anyone till the next few days because I didn't pair the board. Then I saw a royal on tv and remembered I had one, so I told my friends and well as you know they had a nice laugh :D . I just hope to get more royal's in the future, and do anything as stupid as this, I did fold AA earlier this week (doorbell rang and didn't come back on time, I was furious(BIG POT)).

Well I hope you get more royal's in upcoming games and GL in em. TAKE CARE :)

HEY ACE
I think that was a good lay down because you that the third nut flush, I would of done the same thing. Well hopefully you made the right move and your opponent had a higher flush, unfortunate there was so many damn spades but hey you got out of it cheap (I HOPE).

THE BEST OF LUCK TO ALL IN THEIR THE SNG'S, TOURNEY'S, AND CASH GAMES. :D

R

reb712956

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lmao, no i've never folded something so great like that and i never plan to. at least you can say that you were a rookie then 4 an excuse lol

burntaces

burntaces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only thing similar to this is when i had Quad Ks and I accidentally folded.. i was soo upset...LOL... I am definitely more cautious now because of that. =)

S

SuperDonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG I have so much to add to this thread

Well, I'm a pretty new player and, as you can tell by my name, I'm really really good, except for all the mistakes I make - which are legion. Herewith, two of my recent classics:

KK with 6 left in a Double or Nothing
Have you guys seen these Double or Nothing games? Most of you good players probably don't even notice them, but they're good for, ahem, beginners, like me. The last 5 players all make the same amount of money (the tourney starts with 10 players). This is very important to remember, all of the last five players MAKE THE SAME MONEY!!! There is no prize for being the big stack or second stack.

With six people left, I was the second big stack (2BS). I was on the button and the BS (big stack) was in the BB, and the SS (short stack) in the SB. I calculated that SS was going to be blinded out in 5 hands when he got the BB again (IOW, he was circling the drain). I'm dealt KK on the button. Well, if you've ever been an, ahem, beginner, you know that we can't lay those down (it's just not allowed). So I went all-in and figured I would steal the blinds (and get to show off my KK).

Nope, the BS in the BB called with AA (did you get all those acronyms?).

This story gets better, though. On the next hand, after I had cracked those As, the former BS was blinded out by the SB and lost. So no matter how bad you think my play was, his was even worse (and costlier).

Lesson: Pay attention to the tournament situation.

Set 666 fighting for my life
So maybe you thought I'd learned my lesson. Nope. I didn't take the moniker SuperDonk for nothing.

Once again, 6 people are left in a Double or Nothing. I have a small stack, but am the 3rd smallest. One guy has 90 in chips (BB = 150) and was to be blinded out in 3 hands when the BB got to him. I'm dealt mung (96os) in the BB and get to see a free flop vs. two people. But I hit a set of 666. Well, if you've ever been a newbie then you know how difficult it is to lay down 666. If you're a newbie and a donk then, well, let's say I would have been better off Sitting Out. The guy to my right made successively larger bets and I kept calling until I was all in. He had A6 (outkicked me).

Lesson: see above (look, I'm not writing it twice, no matter how many times I have to learn it!)

poker stars $1.00+$0.15 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t75/t150 Blinds + t15 - 6 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/224240
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter
BTN: t6175 M = 19.60
SB: t1840 M = 5.84
Hero (BB): t1765 M = 5.60
UTG: t840 M = 2.67
MP: t4290 M = 13.62
CO: t90 M = 0.29
Pre Flop: (t315) Hero is BB with 9s 6h
3 folds, BTN calls t150, SB calls t75, Hero checks
Flop: (t540) Js 6s 6d (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks
Turn: (t540) Kc (3 players)
SB bets t150, Hero calls t150, BTN raises to t1700, SB calls t1525 all in, Hero calls t1450 all in
River: (t5490) 4s (3 players - 2 are all in)
Final Pot: t5490
BTN shows 8h Kh (two pair, Kings and Sixes)
SB shows Ah 6c (three of a kind, Sixes)
Hero shows 9s 6h (three of a kind, Sixes - lower kicker)
SB wins t150
SB wins t5340

I'll be back to this thread. I played live once, many summers ago, and have a great story to tell from that day. I hope you enjoyed these (is this post too long?)

X

xXShannonAXx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
about the dumbest thing i have done is thought i had a straight in a live event when i didnt have one lol its funny though :)

M33K3R

M33K3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's pretty funny. I actually hit my first royal the other night and it felt great :).

J

jaggibson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was amazingly retarded. Glad to read it was play money. Don't know that i remember any huge accidental lay downs i have had. Seen people make retarded lay downs with the nuts was on the board though. Although it is rare ace hi str8s most common of course its funny to get people to lay down with a strong bet.

I guess i have accidently sat down at a micro stakes table playing omaha hi when i thought i was playing hi low. Realized it quick though without losing too much.

cha4zz

cha4zz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dumbest thing i ever did...folded a full house cause i was afraid someone had a flush

I used to do that so many times, when you didn't realise that the board was paired and so folded.

I was wondering just earlier today how many times I would have folded full houses early playing poker without fully realising.

H

HipHopStoner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it is the best hand because it's the hardest to get but.... In the last half year.. I have had the royal 3 times and flopped it once and also hit the straight flush a few times rivered or turned and flopped it once.

Good luck trying to get it though... Don't fold this time.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Since I started playing online poker about 3 years ago, i've had two royals (one folded, other got paid). I've also have had a lot of str8 flushes, if I would take a guess probably around 50 times. I'm sure I won't lay down any royal flushes from now on. :)

bogweed1964

bogweed1964

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bit unrelated I guess but in the recent PD UK $100k freerol I had made the bubble and was sat nicely stacked with a chance to scoope a decent payout. I'm dealt 27 or something equally useless when a high stacker goes all in, I mis-click call instead of fold and out I go tail between my legswith my minimum payout.

The only other time I have ever mis-clicked worked in my favour so I can't complain too much. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lazmansa

Lazmansa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing online for 8 months now,i have had 2 royal flushes,and 2 straight flushes.

My first straight flush i paniced and bet the minummum:eek: i was so exited.

i didnt do that again on the ohers:D

Lazmansa:D

S

SuperDonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess i have accidently sat down at a micro stakes table playing omaha hi when i thought i was playing hi low. Realized it quick though without losing too much.

I've done something similar. I only really play $1+.15 and $1+.10 Double or Nothing tournaments since they're the only games that I have even a modicum of success at. Late at night I once played a $5+.40 and a $10+.80 DoN. Wow, how stupid is that? I didn't even realize the mistake I'd made until the next time I signed on and I clicked on Cashier and found a lot of extra money in my account. I had to go through my saved hand histories to figure out what happened.