5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When i first started playing poker on pokerstars, i was dealt K 10 of spades. I flopped a royal flush, and i folded. On bottom right of my screen it said royal flush, and i folded because i didn't pair the board.
LOL :D

Since then i have only had one royal flush, and a few str8 flushes. It was play money, so i didn't really mind but my friends laughed when i told them the story. They explained to me that i folded the best hand in Hold em, and i felt like an idiot. :eek:

Has anyone ever done anything dumb like this before, lol? :)

ihtennis

ihtennis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think ive done anything that stupid but i laughed really hard when i read this. You are pretty lucky though, ive never had a royal flush and ive only had a straight flush once

C

crow27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL that's funny. But no, I've been playing 4 yrs and have yet to hit the royal. I've folded a few hands that would have turned into the royal, but alas, still have'nt hit one. I WOULD NOT HAVE FOLDED IT I CAN ASSURE YOU LOL

M

mig2169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hit my first royal flush playing omaha hilo, in a live cash game and had four people in the hand raising and reraising. I hit the royal on the river to scoooooooop the pot and it was a big pot. I have hit a few on line but only one playing live.

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
havent hit a royal in atleast 5/6 months last time i hit 1 was in a torney on carbon had like 2 ppl knockd out with it lol

i see a lo of other ppl hitting a royal just not me :(lol

mig same here only ever hit 1 in live poker

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't folded a royal but I did fold a full house, recently, for real money, so I can't use inexperience as an excuse, I'm just stupid.

T

ted80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dumbest thing i ever did...folded a full house cause i was afraid someone had a flush

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, or I didnt notice it. :p

Anyway having the best cards doesnt mean anything. The opponent must have weaker but good cards too. If they throw their cards, even a royal fush is worth nothing.

Gorblid

Gorblid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol funny story, you got to completely misunderstood the hand rules to fold a royal flush, i had 1 royal flush in my year of playing poker.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When we first started playing Holdem we had the rules so messed up. If the board paired a higher pair than somebody else held, the pot was chopped (i.e. If Aces were on the board and nobody had an ace, it was an auto chop) If a flush was on board and nobody had a card higher than the higher one on board it was a chop (i.e. If the board was Kh 9h 8h 5h 2s and I held the Qh and my opponent held the Jh, we chopped)

P.S. These weren't house rules, we thought we were playing correct. lol

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive folded pocket aces preflop before lol.

wasnt paying any attention

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol this is sorta like my first time ever playing hearts I shot the moon on accident. No one even told me it was good if I could get all of them so I was just trying to get as few as possible yet took them all. I was like 7 at the time though.

J

Jarod1231

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol folding a royal.. never done that one...
I've only had 3 and they were all omaha... spades clubs and diamonds... havnt hit heart royal

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol this is sorta like my first time ever playing hearts I shot the moon on accident. No one even told me it was good if I could get all of them so I was just trying to get as few as possible yet took them all. I was like 7 at the time though.
lol did the same thing but the difrence is i always thought you where suposed to win all the hands at Hearts :eek:

tgarner

tgarner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's really bad is I have been playing some variance of poker for over 20 years and have NEVER had a royal flush. I have seen plenty, but never had one myself. :(

J

JulieK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played stud and draw growing up. When I first started playing Hold 'Em, I was in a real big hand with lots of raising and reraising. The river brought me a nut-flush, and somebody bet into me. I just called, and flipped over the absolute nuts. When I was asked why I didn't raise, I said, "With all the betting, I was afraid of a boat or quads." It was then explained to me that, with no pair on the board, that was impossible.

undone

undone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha one of the first times i played i had AK and the flop came 2 3 4 and i pushed all in and got called and the guy started gathering the chips... the board was like 2 3 4 9 J or something and he had two pair... and i got really mad and argued with him that I had a straight for like 20 minutes... haha

R

RachelBaz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't had a royal flush, but I did fold a full house, like Ted, for the same reason, lol...I hate mistakes like those!! Those are the ones that ineveitably would have given you a very pretty pot, too :) Well, at least now you know ( I hope! ;) haha) Hopefully you're graced with it again at some point....me too... :)

sky4ever

sky4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, I guess we all did similar stupid things when we first began to play poker.I remember folding top boat to a shove :)

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I know now

I know all the rules now, and hand values. That happened about five year ago, and i'm a much better player know. :D But thx anyway's for the site's, the only problem i have know is not letting go of big aces(AK, AQ, AJ) when i miss the flop. Other than that, i'm a pretty good hold em player.

In other poker games that i have increased my skill, and doing very well are OMAHA, HORSE, 2-7 SINGLE DRAW, RAZZ, and 8 game. :p

Last edited:
james.g12

james.g12

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hellllssss no i've never done nothing that moronical in my life:O a royal flush dude u folded a royal flush :O b/c never paired the board...my suggestion is to not go and play any cash games until u get the basics of poker down like, distinguishing massive hands, or sorry to say bruddah ur gonna loae alot of cash

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats the first time I have ever heard of that. I have nver had a royal but I love to read blogs when other guys get them. I hope you get another soon.

D

danchiill

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahahhahaha i hope you stepped your game up

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thx james

Hi James, I folded that Royal Flush a very long time ago about 3 years ago. That when I first started to play, I was a horrible player, but now i'm a lot better than i use to be. Thanks anyways for the link's, i'll check em out.

I would also like to thank every for posting on this thread, and telling me some stories about them being in similar situations.:D