Hours per day

K

KierranLS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I unfortunately only get 1-2 hours a day due to work commitments.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It should depend on your mood and your other responsibilities that particular day. I usually play 2-3 hours but ideally would love to play more to maximize my profits. It also depends on what your goal is for poker. Professional players play upwards of 10 hours a day with no weekends.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually it,s about 4-5 hours in the evening. No point to spend all your time on poker, there are some lots of good things you can also do.

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My plan is usually to play 3ish tourneys the day that I'm playing and play till the end. The length of time is just tough to manage cause we all know it could be a short day or a long day. I suppose on average, I'll play 4 hours/day.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are days that I play 3 hours and others that I play 10, there are days that I dedicate myself to the sits hyper turbo, and other days tournaments

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Now I can not afford a lot of poker. Most of the time takes work)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
12 hours a day-very much. The head will not think well. A maximum of 5-6 hours. If more-bad game results.

T

thaliko86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I do not have poker as my main source of income, so I do not have as much time to devote myself exclusively to the game, so I separate at least 4 hours of my day for studies and games, and can reach 8 hours depending on the tournaments I play . A few years ago I was only concerned about playing without considering the possibility of studying and evolving. It is a common mistake that many players practice and that in the end makes a huge difference. Today I can be more disciplined to organize the time I have available for poker by dividing it between study, discussion with other players, review of some tournament or SNG where I got a good result and of course: the game itself.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning you should spend at least 8 hours .. then when you have a good history of hours played you can play less than 6 daily or up to 5.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have already participated for almost 12 hours a day, today only to an average of four hours a day, I believe that with this amount of daily hours, plus a little study on poker, I will be able to rise above the level.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I play between 5 and 7 hours per day and consider that it s quete a lot,but what can I do?

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all free time from work and household chores have taken me poker, 5 hours is the minimum that is spent on the game.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hello .When i am free i can spent all day playing poker.It is my favorite hobby .Best time for me is late at night ....there are no many people at tournaments and it is better for me .Good luck .

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I only play about 4 or 5 hours a day. When you go deep or make a final table, you will usually have to spend at least 6-7 hours playing. Unless it is a freeroll, which usually run about 4 hours total.

Yesterday I played for 9 hours straight and in the 9th hour I began to get sloppy. Not in the way you might think. I got a bit annoyed when this guy called my post flop jam with just mid pair (he raised UTG with T7suit, paired the 7) and held up to kill my flush draw (JKsuit, both over cards in play for turn and river). I should have just called his flop bet and taken the cautious route, but I was tired and not thinking my best.

So that took 70% of my 70 blind stack just after the bubble burst. I managed to get some back from the guy in a race where my TT held up against his A9suit. But then comes pocket 7s a few hands later, and this is where my biggest mistake was made.

He is one off UTG and min raises. I call with the 77 from the button. Flop comes Jc9c6s. I lead out by jamming, and for some reason he tanked with AJ in his hands. He eventually called and I lost, knocked out somewhere in the 40's.

I would have never done that with a fresh mind. I would have either made a small lead out to test the waters, or check/called or check/folded, depending on the size of the bet. Either way, I would have never made such a move with my short stack that late in the game. I don't entirely hate the move, considering it would have worked had my read of his hand been correct. I put him on AT or A8suit. I felt there was a good chance he had no jack and would just muck his ace high, and that even if he called with AK or AQ, I was still looking okay. But it is something I would not have done, knowing his propensity to call an all in with something as mediocre as mid pair--he could have held A9suit and had me all but dead.

Anyway, short story long, I usually tap out around 7 or 8 hours.