Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There is something I came across online regarding the differences between recreational, serious and professional players. This will help you understand where you are and where you want to go...but not how to get there.

Play as long as it is worth it for you to play.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is something I came across online regarding the differences between recreational, serious and professional players. This will help you understand where you are and where you want to go...but not how to get there.

Play as long as it is worth it for you to play.
I understood one thing. Small limits are a swamp.
and if you don't try to get out of there, nothing good will happen.
there is not always possible to play adequately. others just don't let it do it[emoji23]

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually depends on how many tournaments I find that fit my buy-in management. If its a full day off and I find the right ones then 6-8 hours minimum I would say. Other days 2-3 just to stay sharp, even if its after work or school.

A

Ant467

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2-3 hours a day, this is the case if you do not play in tournaments, but if you take the tournaments that goes from 4 to 7 hours per day

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many hours of play does not work. No time. Except on weekends.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I now have a lot of time to learn and play. and I devote time to it when there is no business in the family.
I usually play satellites and low-cost tournaments and club freerolls from evening to late at night

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
going into a tournament with 1 dollar and winning 400 dollars I lose them for a few days, tell me how I don’t lose them and increase or at least save my winnings

There's a magic button named "Withdraw my winnings" in your poker client. ;)
Use it more often than you usually do.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't played that much online poker lately,but when I do play it's usually 2 to 3 hours depending on the tournament I play in.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That depends, If i'm in a tournament for a long time it could be 12+ hours or maybe less than 4 hours, So it's different everyday but i would say between 4-8Min Hours per day.

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The secret is to stop when you are feeling tired and not on the mood to play. If you are deep in a tournament, take some small breaks so that you don't punt, if you are in a cash game stop when you feel tired

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not have a limit, while I'm comfortable I keep playing.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
now I'm playing the freeroll every day an average of 6 hours, to create my bankroll, but there comes a time when the body asks for rest and I leave a day to recreate myself in other activities and return with more energy

Last edited:
P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the workweek i play small sng for max 2 hours(need to spend some time with my wife too :) )
In the weekend i play longer and picking some larger tournaments

nenaviju poker

nenaviju poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a little, only freerolls and a league from poker school sometimes play cheap tournaments, but I can rarely afford it.

Johnson baker

Johnson baker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wish I could play more. Life's busy. I'm lucky to get 4 hrs per week in. :hmpf:

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 hours of play a day, that's really my limit. Beyond that I lose concentration and motivation. I can not make the right decisions anymore.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the time of year. In the spring, autumn and winter on weekdays I play for 3-4 hours, on weekends 5-6 hours. In the summer I play less or do not play.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll put in at least 3 hours a day. Sometimes I don't get a choice, like when I was playing the $1,000,000 satellites on ACR and kept getting a ticket into the next round in which I would be forced into playing the next satellite straight through until I received an invite into the Saturday Tourney to see if I would make it into the main draw. I got stuck for playing 7 1/2 hours straight.

zippaya

zippaya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play between 3 to 5 hours on a daily basis. I'd probably play more but with work and kids, that's not possible. This is good enough for me to relax and have some fun!

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easily between 8 and 14 hours dedicated to poker and to your study my expectations are to spike a sunday storm and a sunday million in the future

IlyaSavinov

IlyaSavinov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play only when free time appears, and now it is so little :(

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play in my free time... i have family, so.. a short time

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easily between 8 and 14 hours dedicated to poker and to your study my expectations are to spike a sunday storm and a sunday million in the future

oh, thats a lot, you can improve quickly :top:

I

idadvokat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes and true if you stay too long in the game it ends up tiring the mind which affects its results.
That's right, over time, I also make more and more wrong decisions in poker.