Hold Em Is So Yesterday

D

Donkus Maximus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like a bit of Omaha when I get bored with Holdem. Omaha is nice and messy and when you catch a good run and don't keep on getting miraculously outdrawn, it can really pay off.

J

JD Dirty

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think any poker game is boring if your winning, aslong as you can get in the game you can have some fun

mets40

mets40

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you talking live versus internet, does it matter, and finally, how much alcohol is involved?

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have ADD so I get bored with everything but it passes. lol

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7 Stud lies right in the middle of that 'sweet spot' too, imo. Two in the hole, 4 rounds face up and a last hole card. Lots to see and not see, plenty to think about. 'Plenty of deductions'? Think of 7th street as the river card in the hole ... YOUR hole card that nobody else has or can use ... :D

Yeah, that's probably why I like RAZZ so much. I'd like Stud too, if I wasn't so bad at it. :D

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most other games besides NLHE are too difficult for your average donk.

Im talking more live poker than online, even still theres tons of bad players on pretty much every game thats isnt nlhe.

I just dont see anything but nlhe ever becoming the main game of the future, anything else just doesnt make good T.V to the average stupid human.

U

unchosen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you just need to take a break? If you play hold em that much that you get bored, maybe you are playing to much?

spranger

spranger

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i find anywhere below 9 tables boring as hell, they have to be turbo too or ADD owns me.

and as for live poker, great game if you're tired and need a little nap, just tell the person next to you to nudge you awake in an hour when you get the next hand.

S

spacemiu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it has to do with the games getting so much more tougher as most of the info (training sites, tv shows etc) is about NL.

Esp. in ftp there are so many regs even in 25nl (not that they are so great, but not easy money either), its getting on my nerves.

W

WolfShadow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think I will ever get bored of holdem , but I do enjoy all the other games, and play them all on a regular basis.

H

herlis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
i think maybe you need to play more pot limit games cause you have not played enough of it and actually the truth is the players that you think that are weaker players are not really weak they are maybe just tight players and you'll be surprised to know that they are just the same players that play holdem games.

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love Texas Hold 'Em. However, I wish there were more tournaments and freerolls in 7 Card Stud, Stud H/L 8, Draw Poker, Razz, etc... Horse is great, Omaha seems to be getting more poular. I wish they would all catch on more.