Have you thought about giving up on poker?

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No no... don't want to

I just started playing it, so i'm not ready to think about giving it up. :p

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love playing poker. I wouldn't give it up.

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Told myself plenty of times not to play again. But I never quit and I keep coming back.

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you take it too seriously a normal person will want to quit almost everyday lol. I struggle to just realize it’s a game. Without a dedicated bank roll and financial freedom I would not suggest even attempting to treat NLHM as anything more than just a game.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Giving it up

Yeah, I gave it up years ago for a long time.

It wasn't that I was failing at it. Just the opposite, but after my brother embezzled a major part of my bankroll, even then I thought I could recoup the losses and continue. I probably would have had my son not committed suicide.

After that everything changed. My heart was no longer in the game. After a year of living at an airport, sleeping in airport hangars, my wife and I reconciled. I got a job, became a working stiff and never looked back.

It wasn't until twenty years later, after my wife and I divorced, that I started playing again. Once again I'm consistently building my bankroll, but this time I'm being exceptionally careful to maintain a balanced life, especially with my new wife. Well, she's not so new anymore, but I'm still being careful.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If I quit poker, I would probably just watch more movies. That would probably have me sitting on the couch more and letting my weight go over 200 lbs. So no, not going to give up the poker. Many times, I will be on a walk while playing mobile poker or make myself stand so I am at least getting some type of exercise.

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always think about it after unsuccessful games)) But since I mostly play in the freerolls that the desire to quit goes away. In General, I decided to improve my poker game and achieve certain goals, which is exactly why I came to this forum, I hope that many years of experience will help me in this. All successful games)

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I lose, I sometimes want to give up poker, but time passes and I realize that I myself am to blame for the loss and then I start playing again:)

EvaQueen777

EvaQueen777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes,but

Yes of course. But these thoughts were very hot-tempered and thoughtless, in a fit of emotion, one might say. I think many people think about it when they lose a lot .. But this is not good. As one of the best poker players said (I don't remember his name, maybe Tom Dwan), if you stopped after a loss, then think about whether you should have started at all, maybe poker is clearly not yours.:confused:

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes but I keep coming back to it.

T

Tomiveres

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm thinking giving up on poker about 10 times a day , but i always come back next day .
After a few bad beats I get tilted and I need to get a break otherwise I just spew my bankroll .
I think you should take poker as a hobby and not like a profession .

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I have a very long session that is unsuccessful...I think about how much time I wasted.

SHIZIKK

SHIZIKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think about it at the given moment of writing, but I know that I will continue to play, since I know my negative sides and I need to fix them, how is it not easy. Good luck everyone.