Have you thought about giving up on poker?

IRIES

IRIES

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Giving up poker

I've been playing poker for over 10years on a down time me time moments:rolleyes:.. Of my choosing and when I can commit, focus and totally enjoy the game:)
In hindsight I've never taken the time to consider leaving or not playing poker again..:cool:
It's one of many options I choose to give my me time too.

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Sabrina,

To be honest: yes. But this was basically more linked to tilting after either several bad beats or after poor decisions from my side. I see that now. But back then, right after the moment, obviously I'm in a bad mood and not happy about the outcome.

But the day after, I cooled down and get back on my feet, learn new stuff from youtube or various other sources try to broaden my horizon and add new moves to my repertoire. It is like this that i understand that you simply cannot be impatient. Thats most possibly your problem, same as it is mine. We need to learn lots of years at a constant pace to get routine and experience in Poker - after all, it is a really interesting game of psychology!

Keep your chin up, get back on your feet and be willing to learn more and more to get better and better ;-)

Cheers

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first time there was a desire to quit poker was in 2018. Then I got sick of cruel coolers and loss of motivation. Now I also have a reassessment of my values ​​in life in relation to the game.:cool:

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have a lot of fun, I don't have to stop ... it's my hobby, I don't intend to become a Daniel Negreanu lol

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I gave up and start over for many times. I guess is a habit now. :)

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Naturally, any activity with constant use can get bored. When I get bored with poker, I stop playing. I don't see any other way out yet. Why force yourself, life is so short that you do what you don't need to do.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes, with bad shots, the thought arises to quit playing poker and not play anymore. But then you calm down and start a new game, but already you play very carefully. I think I'm not the only one.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These days I have thought a lot, at first it was a dream, I have improved my game but I have lost that emotion for it, and even the passion I had for the game, I am playing much less than what I had been doing, even I even dream gives when I play, I think this is not done for me. I hope to be able to quit this addiction because it did become an addiction. And as they say, the first step of an addict is to realize that his vice is an addiction.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I thought about it many times, and many times gave up poker for a while, and then started playing again. I haven't played poker since April after losing my entire bankroll. Three months have passed and I again had a desire to play poker, I returned to CardsChat again.
I love poker and it has become a part of my life.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have you given up playing poker or thought about giving up optimally

I would give up poker if I found a more interesting hobby, but for now I have no alternative, and I still play poker

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont have money for hobbies or business
that's why i play poker

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While I don’t think I’m ever going to be a professional poker player, I certainly have no plans to give up playing poker. Sometimes I’ll take short or for that matter longer breaks especially if I’m in a down swing, but I’’ never throw in the towel.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting

NL poker will drive you crazy as the swings can be huge. If you re thinking of quitting but do not want to quit studying is the only way to reinvigorate yourself. Take the time to find someone who is playing at the stakes you are playing and is winning there and learn from them.

Evann Jarvis is here on CC he streams and coaches, check him out. Learn from him and see if that helps your perspective of the game.

Hope this helps

:):)

This is excellent advice. You can still be a poker enthusiast away from the table. Evan "Grisped" Jarvis has taught me a wealth of knowledge about poker aggression and how to use it. I highly recommend using his videos to study.

His videos on "pot equity" are also very well-explained. It helped me realize when it's profitable to go for a draw vs. when I'm acting like a fish. :D

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If u play poker for fun, not necessary to give up. :eek:
If u play poker for money, u should take care your job, never give up. :)

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi !

I would never do that. The only sport besides chess that can be done even at a very old age. It has become a part of my life. He replaced watching TV :).

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Every time it gets bad I think about never playing again.
But the passion for the game soon returns and there I am playing again.
Jokes aside, I always played as a hobby, so I have no reason to give up.

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, several times when the results were not given, one thinks of abandoning poker, after reading a lot, studying and playing and seeing many hands one is learning and thus reducing the possibility of frustration.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

Yes, I have thought about not playing poker again. Usually after a straight week or two of nothing but bad beats.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that it is not a matter of giving up, but knowing the moments of playing and having fun, and not taking it as mandatory

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is incredible how boring it is, the capacity it has to make me angry, and how many more things but still I can't stop playing it

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have you given up playing poker or thought about giving up optimally

I think this crosses everyone's mind at some point. If poker is fun and a good extra hobby for you I would say continue to play. If it just makes you mad and frustrated all the time and you cant control how much money you spend. then it might be time to find another hobby.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope, no way. It's how I pass the day away and make a little cash to help my Social Security check.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont give it up as my number 1 mind set is I play poker for the fun of it. Whether I win money or not so what I enjoy the game. It is self-discipline that keeps me going.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll never stop completely,but i will prioritize it and my family comes first,,, :five:

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when a bink a high profile online tourney i might hang up the gloves!