Have you ever apologized for winning?

Frank Burnette

Frank Burnette

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't apologized. I think it's understood among poker players that bad beats happen to every one. That's part of the game. Furthermore, an apology for winning isn't completely genuine. haha It's only half-hearted, because everyone is somewhat happy for themselves when they win, so they aren't overly sorry that you lost. Maybe they understand how it feels to lose, but most often people would rather someone else lose. :)lol

S

satirist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have more of a problem accepting apologies than apologizing : P

R

Retina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play in tournaments and it happens that people with no hand goes All-In! I accept him and tell him they say I'm sorry, I'm sorry. And a couple I really felt sorry for these people.

blitzenfish

blitzenfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe once, pre black friday at Full Tilt. My AA held against a Birthday girl's KK and another's QQ. Blew out the candles of her private Birthday game, a good game back then, 40-50 players ponying up 2 or 3 bucks. Kinda felt bad so said I was sorry.... the rest of ya, NEVER! :)

R

Retina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a game of money, and somehow ...the money control all the world in this century fox time , after all is a game with a lot of emotions. If someone beat me hard in an online game, and say something like "i'm sorry" it means he is a fish... a regular have no time to chat or even to be sorry. When i beat someone with a worst hand than him, i'm just happy. For being happy in a poker game means the luck helped you. Anyway, you might be like a magnet for positive emotions. If someone is really sad about the loosing hand means he is not prepaired for that limit or that kind of game. You must have sometimes a negative feeling about your game, do not being throug on the other side...

Martinez

Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never on winning a tourney as that is the name of the game. But I have appolgised at certain times when my short stack all in calls and I get lucky providing there is no bad language sent by the looser of the hand.

K

Karametric

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've apologized many times when I hand someone a bad beat. I know how bad it is to get your money in good and have things go horribly wrong, as it has happened many times to me, as it does to anyone. I don't want anyone to feel bad, so I hope saying sorry makes them feel better.

Am I sorry? No. Does it make them feel better? Probably not. But I don't want them to feel bad about it.

T

titomurcia1214

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know many say there is no need to apologize for beating your opponent not always in the best way, but it's something I get me inside ... sometimes depends on my mood

R

rnino23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always do when I give someone a bad beat for some reason....sometimes its good to say srry...lol

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really all exists in the world of 'politeness', a talent that many do not have and that even more have forgotten. You see it in all sports, when something fortunate happens at the expense of another; the tennis ball touching the top of the net before rolling over and plopping dead on the court winning the point. The snooker player who flukes a pot from an impossible angle. And in real life we see it all the time; the careless car driver who cuts you up just because he wasn't paying attention and didn't see you, as he politely gestures from his car seat through his rear view mirror!

I think you now get my point...... Except perhaps that stupid car driver, who doesn't politely apologise, but gets really angry as if it's all your fault and then brakes and try's to annoy you even more. In the world of poker, he is the one to say sorry to. The one who is going to get angry dos he is the only person in the world.

On the whole, it's nice to be polite, but don't do it in poker, cos it's not appreciated by the player who has just lost to a gut wrenching river that fell against his dead cert to win...... It's like kicking a man when he's down.

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the whole, it's nice to be polite, but don't do it in poker, cos it's not appreciated by the player who has just lost to a gut wrenching river that fell against his dead cert to win...... It's like kicking a man when he's down.

THIS. I agree 100%. I award you 2,000 YES points.

K

kentcen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've apologized when I win quitted in a cash game, but that's about it