Hands you avoid

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a lot of marginal hands I'd like to avoid, the problem is when in a bad run of cards, I can't resist the urge to play worse hands. Discipline is the key, always avoid playing junk cards.

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in early position A6o etc. or 22-33-44 in any position

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it depends on position and stack size. But I generally avoid to play bs like 62o for example :D

What about 63 in the late positions? like the hand is much better)

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are some of the hands you avoid that are played by most others? for me its face cards with 10 besides j 10 as for some reason that hands works out alot for me

AJs.......JJ......and KQs

Without a DOUBT these hands get me into trouble more often than they help. I tend to get excited everytime I see them not realizing that they aren't exactly gold from the get go. For some reason "the hooks" have a lot of bad memories attached to them. I would say one of the biggest changes I've made in poker since I first started was that I don't play lower pocket pairs nearly as much anymore.

Take it for the life advice that it is. hahah

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are some of the hands you avoid that are played by most others? for me its face cards with 10 besides j 10 as for some reason that hands works out alot for me
QT and KT have reverse implied odds as they are mostly dominated. But I play TT always for board coverage as never having a Ten doesn't help.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I would happily give up A10 anytime
It loses a lot of chips for me.

Reail

Reail

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For some reason it's hard for me to play with small pairs when I didn't catch a set on the flop in 3bet bank even in IP. And i feeling a little shaky with KK ( i had frequent coolers:(:()

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I trying avoid to play with hand AJ... But sometimes I'm playing this hand anyway, and get the problems...

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never play the Axo except on the button if there is no raise

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Almost all hands are playable, if you have a range by position you will know what you can and cannot open, just respect this rule and you will have no problems. Don't try to play to make sure that in the long run you're going to be a deficit.;)(y)

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all hands are playable head to head

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am a somewhat loose player so i will play many hands . however i am careful with K-T , A-T , A-J , K-J

Q-J i rarely play . especially offsuit . but i will play it in late position especially when suited

hsimonyan

hsimonyan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Low pairs, but when the stack allows you can play every hand, but it's useless

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally the combinations with "lower odds", however, after the flop this can vary, so it depends on the context.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, any 83o or 92o from early positions on a full table will be hard for us to play in plus, and so much will depend on the size of our stack and the structure of the tournament, sometimes on the bubble with a large stack it will be advisable for us to play aggressively and with weak hands

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I get shoved preflop whilst holding AQ, I would be folding most of the time. This hand has brought me so much trouble that I am avoiding it at all costs.

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always avoid 72 because they are very bad at hooking hands, they don't give any option to win hands even if I ever play and connect a full house

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't like it when an ace comes with pocket kings on the flop.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I avoid As with anything medium, e,g, A6.
A2-A5 might end up in a straight, but the other ones just lead to difficult decisions. If I hit an A, I am still in a weak positoin, as the opponent might have also hit it but have a stronger second card.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
don't play with ace and deuce hands play with ace and 10 hands or better below try not to play

S

SteveAsh7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I avoid 7-2, 7-3, 9-2, 9-3 and 3-6.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello I think that according to the position you can play all the cards. but my hand that I like the least is JJ always playing with distrust and eh lost many times

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to avoid hands with low values and far from each other

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands