siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
7 and 2 for sure I fold, but for superstitious reasons k6 I also fold!

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a lot of marginal hands I'd like to avoid, the problem is when in a bad run of cards, I can't resist the urge to play worse hands. Discipline is the key, always avoid playing junk cards.
Offsuit Broadway hands when playing big stack and suited connectors and low pairs when playing short stack.

MURT4x

MURT4x

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
AJ off suit, seems like it gets cracked every time

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would put it differently. I filter bad hands for a specific situation. There are really no bad hands. There is a specific situation where a bad hand will work for the game. I'm not talking about fish in any way.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't avoid playing hands, if I think my cards don't have enough strength I will play it very consciously and without risking too much, I try to see the floop without paying very high bets.
Although I never avoid playing JJ if they make me fear too much because there are many times that they play a bad moment on me.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Ace with small card, unsuited.. Bad experiences......

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hands that I try to avoid are the A7 of different suits because in the end a good hand is not formed and we lose with superior hands such as double pair or color or set.

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
All hands have their chances before the flop so I don't have any specific hands that I avoid (yes, even 7-2 off-suited has a chance!). I will tell you my vision down below, some of you guys may don't agree with me but it is just my perspective.

I know that statistics contradict my statement, but luck surely approves what I say. Tell me how many times you threw the so-called weak hands pre-flop, statistically speaking, but luck contradicted your theory by showing you what a beautiful fullhouse you would have made if you had paid to see the flop-turn-river cards? It happened to me countless times by the way and not only fullhouses but sometimes even the gang of four of a kind (I like to call them the gang :cool:).

So the time when I had superstitions about certain hands to avoid is long gone for me, because slowly but surely I realize that it's all about the hazard of the game and that's why I really like to keep playing honestly. Your statistics, calculations or superstitions maybe helps, I don't deny that aspect, and in the long run you will definetely improve and have higher chances of gain that cash more frequently. But i think the game itself will remain the master of all players in it, no matter how experienced or prepared you are, the game can turn you upside down with a single card!

So I think we're powerless in front of him.

All the best and good luck at the tables! ;)

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
K4 and 96 are hands that I will not play.
Small pairs are underrated and I like play them.

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Like many players, I try to avoid trash hands. A lot depends on the position and stack size. Sometimes such a crazy series of hands, you come in with any hand and it's a winning one.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For example 7 5 offsuit is an instant for me.
In generally it also depends a lot on stack size and position.

N

n0n4m3

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I avoid trifles, although there have been cases when I won thanks to them.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQ is cursed and I try to avoid seeing a flop with it. (But I also lose to it so I would like to avoid seeing it in other players hands)
And also I lose when it on the board. Cursed I tell you, CURSED!

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I try to avoid the hand that makes me lose hahahaha so since I'm not a fortune-teller, I limit myself to my knowledge, so any hand is good, it all depends on many factors and what situation we're in.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands