Hand odds on TV

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When they display the odds of each hand winning on TV, do you prefer it if they take into account the folded cards or not?

I prefer it if they do not, since I am interested in knowing the odds when I am in the same situation in my games.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed, not knowing the folded cards is preferable.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When they display the odds of each hand winning on TV, do you prefer it if they take into account the folded cards or not?

I prefer it if they do not, since I am interested in knowing the odds when I am in the same situation in my games.

Hi Derek,

I think the odds don't really make sense if you take the folded cards into account.
For the odds to make sense, they have to be calculated as you would do yourself when in a given seat -- meaning you only know your own hole cards.

But I've seen lots of folks on FB page remove cards from outs when they assess the shown hands, based on what the villain is holding. To me, that's odd. Despite being correct, it is of little use to anyone. You simply wouldn't know which outs to remove. And by the time its heads up...well, it's too late for it to matter.

Cheers,
JT

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no opinion on this matter. For me it is indifferent and without preference.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On TV shows, folded cards are not counted. Otherwise it will not look like this when we play with you.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If the folded cards have been displayed for viewers already it makes no sense not to show the actual odds.

So for example if the viewer has been privy to the cards of all players and the hand comes down to KK vs QQ and one and all know a weak queen has been folded the real odds should be reflected. That's the reality of what the viewer is engaged with - watching RFID exposed play.

I mean, few would make the argument to say I prefer to watch a poker show cards down, but of course that would reflect the reality of actual play.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely similar situations are very rare. Many factors need to be considered. However, whatever your chances, they will remain so. All you can do is just not play with junk. :)

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are forced to do this because the audience sees the discarded cards. But I also prefer to count the odds without these cards, since in the same situation in our own game we do not know the discarded cards.

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands