Is getting sleep a factor before a serious game?

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sleep is very important, it will help you make good decisions at the table and in life in general. Resting well is one of human priorities.

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
We need to get enough sleep to be rested, and that means ready psycho-physically to play poker.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely yes. You need to be rested and focused on the game, specially if it's an important tournament. There were times that I've played poker when I was very tired and I've lost a few hands because I couldn't be awake.

Rosylly

Rosylly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Sleep is super important, of course. You can't show your maximum in any activity physical/mental without a decent sleep

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I like to be in the best physical and mental condition whenever playing, regardless of the importance of the game. If I'm too tired or stressed out I just won't play.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
for sure because when there's an important game I look forward to it and it causes a bit of anxiety, so I think a good night's sleep has a big influence.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
100% true, it applies to everything, if you don't sleep porperly, your brain and physique won't be at your prime, and you know what happens when youre not at 100% in poker.

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
Sleeping is a muscle regeneration process where you enter a state of rest.
This process is essential for us to give our 100% energy to every important hand we play.

Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, it's like a rested brain makes you reason better and pay more attention. Many mistakes we make in poker and caused by lack of attention

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Most people suffer from sleep deprivation, but poker players can sometimes have a particularly hard time getting that much-needed 7-9 hours of sleep.The main tip here is to plan your relaxation routine and turn off all electronics an hour before bed. Don't go to bed immediately after closing your browser, and don't take gadgets to bed with you. If you use your phone as a watch, it is better to get a regular alarm clock.Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. Easier said than done, especially if you play MTT, but still try to create a more or less stable daily routine.

Addressing sleep deprivation among poker players is crucial for maintaining cognitive sharpness and overall well-being. Implementing a relaxation routine before bed and disconnecting from electronic devices can significantly improve sleep quality. It's wise to establish a consistent sleep schedule, even amidst the unpredictability of MTT play, to support better rest habits. Investing in a traditional alarm clock can help detach from digital distractions and promote a more restful environment. Prioritizing sleep hygiene is essential for optimal performance at the poker table and beyond.

TruthFruit

TruthFruit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I mean... of course ! Like before any stressful event where you need to perform. Could be a sport event, but also I'm a teacher and I always make sure I get a good night sleep before I give a class. Helps you think faster and with much more clarity

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Getting good sleep before playing in a tournament is very important. When you come into a game well rested you are more likely to play better and not get over tired later on. In one wsop event I player it was close to 2AM when it ended or nearly 16 hours after the start. If i had not gotten a really a really good nights sleep it would have been really hard especially since I had flow in the day before and it was actually 5AM at home when it ended.

M

Misanthrop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
I would guess it makes sense to be rested and it affects your cognitive capabilities if you are not

UngureanuDan

UngureanuDan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes, sleep is very important for me, to get more relaxed when playing big buy in tournaments.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Sleep is very important. A tired player makes a lot of mistakes.

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, I speak from experience. That day I was tired and was lying in bed. It was the final table and I was in first and I ended up falling asleep, so rest assured

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think a good night's sleep is the key to a good game

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I consider all tournaments serious and if I went to sleep before, I would end up never playing I would be the old man asleep:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, my game doesn't go well when I don't get enough sleep. I noticed this a long time ago, so I try not to play at these moments.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that rest, sleep and nutrition are all necessary before playing poker responsibly.

Top 10 Games