Garage of success, big companies and small garages.

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This week I move to a garage , my own business broke , I intend to reduce my monthly costs and invest time and money in my poker career , this is a very important decision that reinforces my belief that I will be champion and I will have a title , so let's go to garage, success is all about connecting to our own interior and isolating external interruptions, even if we have to live in a garage...

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This week I move to a garage , my own business broke , I intend to reduce my monthly costs and invest time and money in my poker career , this is a very important decision that reinforces my belief that I will be champion and I will have a title , so let's go to garage, success is all about connecting to our own interior and isolating external interruptions, even if we have to live in a garage...
If you have such a goal, then the garage as a place of residence should not be an obstacle for you. But, apart from poker, you should also have an additional source of income, otherwise you risk losing even your garage.

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you have such a goal, then the garage as a place of residence should not be an obstacle for you. But, apart from poker, you should also have an additional source of income, otherwise you risk losing even your garage.
Exactly like you said, you need to have another source of income to keep the garage, but it's the other search for income in another job outside of poker is exactly what makes me weak in the game. If I don't depend on the game to live and this way of life doesn't force professionalism. So I will have to take this risk, in the end I only give up when I can't access the game.

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Exactly like you said, you need to have another source of income to keep the garage, but it's the other search for income in another job outside of poker is exactly what makes me weak in the game. If I don't depend on the game to live and this way of life doesn't force professionalism. So I will have to take this risk, in the end I only give up when I can't access the game.
But professionalism does not mean that you have to become homeless first. Professionalism consists in skill, discipline, patience and perseverance. Professionalism does not mean that the player must first become homeless.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Consideration of odds is an important concept in gambling as it is in life. I always like to see young people make decisions where the odds are in their favor. I always recommend young people concentrate on getting a good education or building a business or establishing a good career rather than spending much time playing poker. The odds are much more in your favor doing one of those things rather than trying to make it as a poker pro which is not even that healthy of choice. I play a fair amount of poker but I am old and have few financial concerns.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Consideration of odds is an important concept in gambling as it is in life. I always like to see young people make decisions where the odds are in their favor. I always recommend young people concentrate on getting a good education or building a business or establishing a good career rather than spending much time playing poker. The odds are much more in your favor doing one of those things rather than trying to make it as a poker pro which is not even that healthy of choice. I play a fair amount of poker but I am old and have few financial concerns.
excellent comment @ rachelle2291 no waste.
Congratulations.
Have a nice Sunday.:):):)

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is akin to mountain climbing without a rope, or walking a tightrope without a net. I see the appeal of letting you focus on one thing without excuses, but surviving on poker winnings is more like winning a lottery. It isn't impossible, but that VAST majority of players aren't able to do it.

It's not a way of life that I would ever want for myself or my family. But it sounds like you don't have anyone financially relying on you, so I wish you the best of luck. It still never hurts to have some sort of security in place, since even winning players can have long downswings. We have some poker pros in our forum who have threads where you can ask them questions. I suggest asking them about what safety nets they had in place when they first went pro.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother @RoviP how are you???
Well, since you're one of the many Brazilian brothers I have here, and I like you, maybe I'll tell you some things that you won't like too much, but anyway, if you know how to accept it, maybe it will serve as good advice.
Our sister Rachelle already told you something very politely, but maybe since I follow you it will be a little harder.
Some time ago you posted a post in which you say that you had opted for the option of becoming a professional player.
Of course I predicted the best successes for you at the time like other brothers in the forum, but like many I also took my precautions.
Some even told you to make a thread with your progress, I really don't like to place profits but hey some colleagues do. In such a case I have a personal form of my income in poker.
With the passage of time, I began to see that you were having some disappointments, to which I replied that it would happen to you, it has happened to all of us who started a work-type venture with poker.
But today I find that your company is bankrupt, with which you are going to live in a garage to theoretically dedicate without other concerns to your Pro career. I also see that you will not get a livelihood at work so that it does not take away time in your venture of pro player
First, I think it's impossible to dedicate yourself to a Pro player without having a livelihood, either a company or a stable job, which allows you to play with some peace of mind.
Like any professional, for example a Doctor, you must meet these 4 requirements
1) Primary school
2) Secondary school
3) Tertiary Level in Faculty of Medicine
4) Internships once you finish your studies in Hospitals
To later become a good professional.
The Pro poker player experiences an almost similar situation.
1) They begin as beginners to play for virtual chips or freerolls as Cardschat gives you the possibility, to understand the game, and at that time begin to study in different ways to improve
2) Once this is done, they start to make small deposits, and play in micro limits, both in MTT and in cash.
During that time they see what types of games they feel best in to start building their bankroll. In my case, I am already convinced and I am building my bankroll playing Omaha, it is my favorite game and it also helped me a lot to better understand Holdem.
It is no coincidence that great Holdem poker players are excellent Omaha players.
3) Once you start building your bankroll, which takes a long time, you start playing at higher levels.
For example, if you decided that your microlimit game was cash Holdem and you feel comfortable playing there, you start playing 0.01/0.02 with 100 BBs or $2, and to move to the next level which is 0, 02/0.05 you must have achieved at least 80 Boxes of 100BB or $400.
If you stay at this higher level, the next one would be 0.05/0.10, which you should already have at least a bankroll of $800, and so on.
So that way you will build your bankroll, and there you will also see how to play MTT in the same amounts. For example, having a bankroll of $800 gives you the chance to play 100 MTTs of $4 and cash tables of 0.02/0.05 at the same time.
To give you an idea, at least here in argentina I would need around US$1,000 a month to live comfortably from poker, that is, to live in peace and give myself some humble pleasure with my wife.
As information I give you, 7 months ago I started this objective, today slowly building my bankroll, I would say that in a phase 10, which would be to be able to get the US$ 1000 a month to live from poker, I am in phase 2. So I have a long way to go .
But I'm telling you anyway, with our work we have, thank God, an apartment and a quiet life without surprises.
In other words, in this sense, if I can achieve my goal, poker would help me to indulge myself with my wife, which we would have well deserved, more than anything because of her cruel disease, her Parkinson's disease, which thanks to God and medicine today with surgery is better than ever.
In other words, brother, to finish, I would love for you to become a Professional Poker player, I would love for you to win the big tournament, I would love to see you on TV playing tournaments in Europe, in the US, in the Bahamas or wherever, and I would tell my friends "Come, that's my brother Rovi who is playing at the big tables, I used to play with him in Cardschat"
But really, brother, I think the reality is that you're taking the wrong path and hopefully I'm wrong and it's not like that.
I think you are starting at the top, instead of starting at the bottom as you should without taking too many risks.
I don't want you to get mad at what I say. I hope you take it as advice to improve in your life.
Because you can see that you are a good boy, but maybe you need the right words to make that huge heart that you surely have vibrate.
A big hug brother, and hopefully with time all your wishes come true.
That would be my greatest happiness.
And for whatever you need, we are always here to help you.
happy sunday to you and your family
Carlos;););)
The people who dedicated themselves to continue their career as a Pro player passed the corresponding exams, until they knew that they could dedicate themselves to this without problems and that they could live with dignity only doing what they like to do, play poker.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I still did not understand. Did you buy a big TV or not?
If so, will you have a place to hang it in your garage?

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a bold move and I really hope you have success. Do you have savings to live for a couple of months or you will need to cashout poker money? I'm from the same country as you, so, I can understand your decision.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I cannot understand anyone wanting to move into a Garage and spend the rest of their Lives dreaming of the World Series Bracelet,.
I would prefer to Live in a comfortable House with no Mortgage and a Business that employs workers to make me money and then devote my Time to Poker.
I am lucky in that I have done all that, and now I am retired on a decent Pension, I can Play Poker all day if I wanted, but it soon gets boring doing the same thing Day after Day, It becomes more of a Job than a real Job.
Get your Priorities in the right order then consider a Poker Career!

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Let's get to the facts, here in brazil there is a recession, our currency is worth $1.00 = R$0.20, in Brazil our minimum wage is R$1,000.00 which converted into dollars reaches $200.00 per month. $200.00 per month is an amount for which 70% of Brazilian workers work 8 hours a day and 44 hours a week. So there is no money left to play poker , on the contrary there is no money to pay bills and poker is more a source of income than a hobby , I already work on the site playing hours and hours to extract dollars , although it seems crazy here an old house is worth it $100,000.00 something almost impossible with a monthly salary of $200.00 per month, and from this salary you would have to spend 41 years gathering all the salary without spending absolutely nothing on food, clothing, leisure, poker or anything else, here it's a poor country, Brazil is a poor country, the people are mostly poor and I'm part of that majority, but I know how to play, I dream big.

Yury Martins (TheNerdyGuy) even though he's from the middle class here, it was difficult to pay consumption bills like water, electricity, internet and others, but that didn't stop him from winning several bracelets.

Here we see the demonstration that through Cardschat we can observe that each one has a completely different vision with completely different realities, thanks for his contribution, I will fight to the death to be champion!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yury Martins (TheNerdyGuy) even though he's from the middle class here, it was difficult to pay consumption bills like water, electricity, internet and others, but that didn't stop him from winning several bracelets.
Yuri has played HS MTT online for many years.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A bold decision. I probably wouldn't have found the courage to make such a decision. I am too used to a comfortable life. Good luck.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Surely you will have everything you need to accomplish. Never give up! The strength is within you, you are in the right place and you have everything you need. A hug and good luck on your journey my dear.

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello everyone, I bring news, I spent a few days playing several freerolls, I had never dedicated myself with the same strength. These are difficult days with little money, work is not going well because my motorbike had its engine blown. So I'm really happy to be so strong in this very difficult time, in a few days it will be a great result, I'm fully convinced of that... good luck!

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I really don't need much myself. As long as I have a decent kitchen and bathroom, I need very minimal room myself

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Here we see the demonstration that through Cardschat we can observe that each one has a completely different vision with completely different realities, thanks for his contribution, I will fight to the death to be champion!
Keep the dream alive, man. You are an inspiration Rovi. I wish everyone had it good and no worries about the little things in life. I hope you get your bracelet and life you deserve. GL Rovi.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The most important thing to realize is that your business has failed, but that doesn't make you a failure. Failure is a chance to use everything you've learned in a new situation or job. If you want to know what to do when your business fails, you are in the right place.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
nothing to worry about friend you can do it I see your determination so just take it and make a garage is not an obstacle to the great today you will live in a garage tomorrow you buy yourself your huge house in which you will also play poker just you need to endure a little in this position playing in the garage and living in it but after a while you will be a very rich man the main thing is patience and everything will be fine your big house soon you will come to him

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Keep the dream alive, man. You are an inspiration Rovi. I wish everyone had it good and no worries about the little things in life. I hope you get your bracelet and life you deserve. GL Rovi.
Motivation, here's a good legacy to leave before you die... Thank you very much for the kind message!

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
nothing to worry about friend you can do it I see your determination so just take it and make a garage is not an obstacle to the great today you will live in a garage tomorrow you buy yourself your huge house in which you will also play poker just you need to endure a little in this position playing in the garage and living in it but after a while you will be a very rich man the main thing is patience and everything will be fine your big house soon you will come to him
It's always great to see you again at tournaments, you've been a great opponent! I learn a lot from you, and I admire you a lot! thanks Gall.