The game favors the brave, why? being aggressive is the best strategy for sure.

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to win if you have a scared money.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Definitely an aggressive game is quite profitable, but you need to have a balance, because if there is too much aggression, then your bankroll will drop to zero very quickly :ROFLMAO:

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Being aggressive is a good thing but we need to play smart aggression. Being over aggressive can be just as bad as not being aggressive at all.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
20 days of training and practice in poker is certainly a very serious argument. I wonder what your results will be, for example, after 200 days :)

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
in the end aggressive players always manage to accumulate chips but almost always lose them easily

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is normal that you are favored to win when you play aggressively because the opponent has to make decisions.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm not surprised at this post and who particularly has posted it.
Having listened to some tutorials from the PROFESSIONALS they encourage you to not necessarily play every hand, so that effectively cancels out most of the aggressive strategy. Balance of the game and table is key...

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Out of 9 sponsored tournaments (staking), I lost the first 3 and won the other 6, thanks to your advice that added a lot, like being patient for example, I reached more than 10 million chips in the last one !!

Congrats. (y)

ENRIQUE23977

ENRIQUE23977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You have to know when to be aggressive and when not to be. This all depends on the table you are playing, tournament or cash or any discipline of poker. Since not all villains you face are the same, poker, as in life, is adaptation. To be a winner you have to adapt at all times in which level of the tournament you are in (beginning, intermediate, bubble, ITM, Final Table).

It's not that simple, there has to be a strategy to be successful in poker. Several experienced CardsChat colleagues have already said it; Important aspects: Discipline, Patience, Aggressive at the moment he touches, and knowing when to Fold and above all a lot of study of the rivals at the tables.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You have to play with a certain aggressiveness otherwise you have no way to reach the final table

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
agression can get my stack up really quickly but only if I'm lucky, more times it may not end up working out

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's stupid to play aggressively all the time.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Personally I like to sit out for the first couple of rounds, so that I can find out where the aggressive players are and spot the timid players, then use that knowledge to pick out who I can bully, and who I am going to have a battle with, It also gives you an advantage over aggressive players, because they have already got it in their heads that you are a passive player and are shocked when you play back at them with re-raises.
You have to mix it up when playing Poker knowing when to back off, and when to floor the accelerator, Works for me.

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
not exactly... If you are right, then there is no loser in the world of poker

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Totally agree and very important safety when sitting down to play poker and put into practice the knowledge acquired by the studio

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, this is one key to winning poker, but more accurately it is a "controlled aggression." There are many types of aggression at the poker table and not all of them are winning strategies. The main reason being aggressive works in poker is because of "fold equity" (fancy way of saying the chance of you winning the hand by getting everyone else to fold because passively checking or calling doesn't give the opponent the chance to fold; by betting and raising, you give more chances for your opponent to give up on the hand and sometimes they'll do so when your hand is objectively worse).

The other main reason aggressive poker does well is because it is statistically less likely to get "good hands" often, so this means that only waiting for good cards isn't necessarily optimal. This is why aggression and bluffing helps to fill in these gaps.

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
Advantages of the aggressive style: Control over the course of the distribution, payment of strong combinations, difficulty in evaluating the hand. Aggressive style disadvantages: Vulnerable to traps

lacroir

lacroir

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think aggressivity is very useful if played well. By playing aggressively you are basically putting more pressure on your opponents who are therefore more possible to be doing bad decisions due to this pressure.
Of course, being over-aggressive and raising on everything, never giving up and firing 3 bullets on every hand is not something that is profitable on the long run. But in general I also prefer playing more aggressively than passively.
Still: there are exceptions, depending on the type of players you are playing with. So if you know that villain is an aggro and you have some beast hand then sure you just have to go with the flow and maybe being aggressive only after the river with some huge bet.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i prefer a balanced attach. pick your spots to be aggressive, know when not to be and hope you still get the cards.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, the fear of losing in poker should be a risk sometimes .

Top 10 Games