Friends and poker

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have several friends playing online, we meet a couple of times a year and play with each other, and it's amazing fun.

B

B1961579

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Regrettably, I do not have friends who play poker, but I am making some. I was wanting to experience live poker after a few years of playing exclusively online, so I found a group to play with. If that's what you're looking for, check to see if your town/city has a Bar Poker Series, or other local group that gathers to play weekly. The group I found gathers on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Sundays at different bars or bowling alleys. The play every night is structured like a tournament. Points are awarded for the top 20 players each night, and top 3 win entry into a decent weekly online tournament. The winner for the entire season wins a trip to Las Vegas in June, all expenses paid, and entry into one of the wsop tourneys. Second place wins entry into a WSOP tourney, but must pay other expenses. Fun stuff! It's been great to meet other players, get tips on live play, and make new friends.

Oh, and I should add that it's free. Rebuys cost $5, if you want to stick around after losing your stack. Otherwise, it's good, cheap fun.

Last edited:
mitchy boi

mitchy boi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always up for a good skype group to talk strategy etc. Hit me up !

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as I know every city has its gatherings of players. And in the process can be find and friends. But it is important to remember the main rule "at the cards not bro's".

wrabinho

wrabinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no i dont have friends in real life who plays poker.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a group of friends that plays a couple 5 dollar tourneys, once a week, in the winter only.

2NaCl

2NaCl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As previously mentioned, poker is definitely more entertaining among friends.

Although poker usually involves money, if you sitting on a table with a couple of mates at a house game then usually drinks etc. are an essential and the goal of the night is just to enjoy yourselves and not try make a profit off your real life friends cause that's just messed up.

N

nonames45

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my life, too, there are no friends who would play poker.
there is one dude, but he is not something that would be a friend, but a colleague at work and we talk about poker only at work, we are interested in the results, we share our experience of how best to play in any situation but not more, and this happens only during working hours

I

ivanobe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes ,

We have some friends we meet every two or tree month regularly
it is for fun around a drink but concerning the game it is taken very seriously
and there is no problem as we make it 5 € entry so you will not get in trouble with your friends for such small amounts :):)
it happen that we were +- 20 people playing was very nice and at the end with reentry and add ons the winners had an appreciable amount to share 250-300€ (each of us having spend max 15€ for a poker night):)

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes ,

We have some friends we meet every two or tree month regularly
it is for fun around a drink but concerning the game it is taken very seriously
and there is no problem as we make it 5 € entry so you will not get in trouble with your friends for such small amounts :):)
it happen that we were +- 20 people playing was very nice and at the end with reentry and add ons the winners had an appreciable amount to share 250-300€ (each of us having spend max 15€ for a poker night):)
But 15 euros is noticeable slightly)

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very rarely play poker with friends because not many of them are addicted to poker! we have many other interesting activities

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No really, it isnt very popular in my country, we go on with soccer.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I have poker friends and poker. people I met at the tables playing and some I met virtually through poker in forums and discussion groups of the subject. Play with friends and the best way to play.
Good luck at the tables.

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I have poker friends and poker. people I met at the tables playing and some I met virtually through poker in forums and discussion groups of the subject. Play with friends and the best way to play.
Good luck at the tables.
Thank you! You too, good luck in all your games!

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know the feeling. Unfortunately, I don't have enough friends playing poker IRL. It's only 2 friends of mine playing. So sad that there're not much people play this game in my town. It would be awesome to organize some live tourney, I have never played live poker with more than three players againgst me.
The most essential reason is that poker is banned in my country lol.

Shahzade

Shahzade

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only have one friend who plays poker. We both play online.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have some friends and brothers who play poker, but I prefer to play online because the stress is less, because if you win from a brother or a friend always creates a bad mood.

ACardExpert

ACardExpert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing poker with the same group of friends for 30 years now we generally play once a week but we miss a few weeks because of holiday and special event but we don't play for high stakes because we don't want to break anyone most anyone loses is about 100 max we play dealers choice 25 cent anti with a 3 bet limit no allin I keeps it friendly best way to play good friend good booze and tokes and lots of crazy conversations

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No!I have no friends who play poker in real life. In the Internet, I have a few people with whom I communicate about poker

godblessiraq

godblessiraq

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think you have friends at the poker table, you’re doing it all wrong.

ChipWinged

ChipWinged

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have friends in life, we play offline poker but not with real money. Losing money to friends is bad think and winning is also. If you can't play without money bet it seems like money is main aspect of game for you. For me main aspect is win. Even if it's "free" you are cooler than friends ;-)

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have friends for playing poker... but we can not play... we are going to.. start playing and drinking beer... two hours later.. we just drink))))
:beer:

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my friends every week going and playing live, it's more interesting than online