Friend or foe

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no friends and not enemies,just opponents on the table...

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can be friends with players outside the table, but there are no friends at the poker table. If you show sympathy, you will surely play softly in relation to this player, and you will begin to give a slack.

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can be friends before a game or after a game. But, during a game you have to treat everyone as a foe that must be defeated at all costs.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think that we are rivals behind the tables.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker, as in any game, there are winners and losers, it's just a game, and for me there are no enemies and friends, there are just rivals.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So who's gonna tell me the truth, at the poker table, are we friends or enemies?

Just like sit down at the table, friends, but when I knock it out I do not really feel like a friend, or Vice versa when loyal to rivals it affects the quality of the game and you lose, you have to be stricter in the game whether he is a friend or whether he is an enemy. And it turns out you were with him laughed, and he crushed you. Your opinion?

Hi There
It´s not a matter of friendship or hatred
Imagine that you´re working in a big company How do you look at your next table worker
An Enemy? A true friend?
What abt a promotion? Or a salary increase? Or a new position?
How do you act?
The same at a poker table
Everybody looking for an improvement of their stacks
Thas all
Rgds

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly how was said. When sitting on table - friends but when we play against each other - foe.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a competition. Like a game of basketball 1 on 1.

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your my friend then i know how you play and know what to look out for. Will i lay off of certain hands because of it? Sure i'm no dummy but if i dont know you it's on no holds barred

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If playing with friends in a home game environment, I think it is important to make sure that the stakes are high enough to make the game interesting, but not so high as to ever put anyone in a bind.

As far as friends and enemies, for example, people on this site that we play against. I enjoy making new friends, especially during league play. Every now and then though, even on our site. I run into someone at the table that feels the need to tell someone else that they are a fish, or be extremely arrogant in some other way. I still don't consider those people enemies. However, I really enjoy knocking those people out. I always love how people playing on a freeroll assume that they are getting everyone's best game. I experiment with different play styles during freerolls. I also play super aggressive sometimes if I find out I don't have enough time to play till the end. Online, you can never really know what is going on. Someone might be playing in four tournaments at once, or watching TV. I really don't feel like talking at the table has much of an effect online. But if I were ever to play with someone like Kid Poker live, I would be totally screwed. On the one hand, I would've known to not communicate so he couldn't get as many reads. But on the other hand, it's kid poker, who wouldn't want to have a conversation at the table. Obviously, I don't think I have that kind of skill right now anyway. But I watched an old series with him last month where an amateur was staked 100k. So of course I had to imagine doing that.

B

bright019

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the players are just an avatar with chips I want to get my hands on.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is a game where there is only one winner, friends or enemies, it does not matter, it matters that you are the winner

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to learn to understand in the poker school from pokerstars - your goal is to collect all the chips. This is the only goal. Therefore, I believe that there should be no sympathy in the game.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
At the poker table we are all competitors - not friends, not enemies. We respect each other. If I am playing with friends (people I socialize with outside of a poker room, including my wife), we all appreciate that we are playing a game. It has nothing to do with our personal lives.

S

shurik8888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is a situation like in any other sport where you compete but respect your opponent

E

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely chat , I'm not rude but I try not to make friends at the table . I think it affects my game in a negative way . I tend to be less aggressive in some situations if I am against a friend and it hurts me in the long run .

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No, I was just asking who we are at the poker table. If you're my enemy, I'll crush you, but if you're my friend you'll come with me to the finals

Ah, ok, just dishonoring the game, no problem then. :eek:

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to play poker for money (except for a symbolic contribution) with my friends, because I feel uncomfortable during the game, because I know poker better than they do.
In a normal game, I think more about a particular poker hand at the moment than about the gradation of opponents by enemies or friends. I play mostly tournament poker, here I feel more like an athlete. Unlike cash games, where the main thing is to win money from your opponent.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can be friends with players outside the table, but there are no friends at the poker table. If you show sympathy, you will surely play softly in relation to this player, and you will begin to give a slack.

Yes you are absolutely right, it is, and why I should be friendly to give him my whole stack )

If playing with friends in a home game environment, I think it is important to make sure that the stakes are high enough to make the game interesting, but not so high as to ever put anyone in a bind.

As far as friends and enemies, for example, people on this site that we play against. I enjoy making new friends, especially during league play. Every now and then though, even on our site. I run into someone at the table that feels the need to tell someone else that they are a fish, or be extremely arrogant in some other way. I still don't consider those people enemies. However, I really enjoy knocking those people out. I always love how people playing on a freeroll assume that they are getting everyone's best game. I experiment with different play styles during freerolls. I also play super aggressive sometimes if I find out I don't have enough time to play till the end. Online, you can never really know what is going on. Someone might be playing in four tournaments at once, or watching TV. I really don't feel like talking at the table has much of an effect online. But if I were ever to play with someone like Kid Poker live, I would be totally screwed. On the one hand, I would've known to not communicate so he couldn't get as many reads. But on the other hand, it's kid poker, who wouldn't want to have a conversation at the table. Obviously, I don't think I have that kind of skill right now anyway. But I watched an old series with him last month where an amateur was staked 100k. So of course I had to imagine doing that.

Yes, you answered my question, if the player to be more arrogant then him knocking out the concentrate differently than as a friend, for example. Thank you!

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think one thing to rivals for whom we have friendly relations we are loyal what does the perfection of our game to the opponents which we do not have more friendly feelings, we don't give leak!

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your not playing your best game if you playing diffetently with friends. If your playing a home game and do not care about the result thats different but if you cannot focus on your game if you come across a friend in a main tournament you are hampering your chances of doing well.

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing for money there are NO friends at the table. You can socialize and joke around between hands, but when it comes down to the game, there is NO MERCY!!

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all do the same game ? So for me we are all a big family , all friends , we all feel the same thing when we play poker , sometimes we can speak together about it , ask what do you have at the previous hand , if it was a nice hand. But don't forget your target , you want to be the first. And if you want to be the first , forgot your "Friends" , everyday I thought about one sentence." Eat your poker friends before they eat you!":D