Friend or foe

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So who's gonna tell me the truth, at the poker table, are we friends or enemies?

Just like sit down at the table, friends, but when I knock it out I do not really feel like a friend, or Vice versa when loyal to rivals it affects the quality of the game and you lose, you have to be stricter in the game whether he is a friend or whether he is an enemy. And it turns out you were with him laughed, and he crushed you. Your opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So who's gonna tell me the truth, at the poker table, are we friends or enemies?

Just like sit down at the table, friends, but when I knock it out I do not really feel like a friend, or Vice versa when loyal to rivals it affects the quality of the game and you lose, you have to be stricter in the game whether he is a friend or whether he is an enemy. And it turns out you were with him laughed, and he crushed you. Your opinion?

We are not friends and not enemies - we are athletes. We are competing as much as possible in online poker. We are competing in our strategy, as decision-making. Of course, poker, like a game that is sticking to the cards, does not give an ideal field for competition, but we are trying!

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's just a game, it's not about grudges or hatred, it's just a competition

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just know there are tricky moves to find an opponent to have a conversation with him and take his chips. ) Just tell him, "hi! and regardless of whether he answered or not... he lost" if he said, he lost because he didn't want to answer, and answer, and if he didn't answer, he lost because it was afraid to answer, psychologically, it is 100% affect the game! It is necessary to withstand the blow, and it is in the tournament is time, place and money!

Dchoyt82

Dchoyt82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It's perfectly fine to be friends & opponents. In any case I end up at a table with a buddy we tend to avoid one another if possible but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do
All is fair in love, war & poker. Lol

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mackmasterss

Hmm.. a competition of the resources I have acquired that cost me?

Let's just say that if I know for sure that he is my enemy, then I will knock him out and will not look at anything! But if he is my friend but actually is an enemy I will lose him all of his chips, because I consider him a friend, and be loyal when he knows that I'm his enemy, and hits me full, but I do not know about... That is intriguing.

Dchoyt82
Probably good words.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
opponents..rivals maybe.. but ennemies, not really.. after all, I don't hate everyone during or after a game.. I can dislike when they come and take my chips or that their stack is bigger then mine but that's about it for "hating".. otherwise, at the end, I'm with all of them celebrating and laughing about all that happened..

I remember very entertaining and exciting HU between friends at tables because the competition was on the skills more then the friendship..

I say, if a friend starts to "hate" you because you played well and better then him/her, that's just a good friend, not a good poker friend!

-TRP-

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we all share the same dream that is to be a winner. it is not bad to perceive these adversaries as enemies if it can help you play better and avoid that your feelings take precedence over the reason. Personally I think that the more a player makes empathy the more he is lucky to better manage and understand the raises of other players.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you think that playing with a friend, you can quarrel, it is better not to play with him. Some people are too serious about losing.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in poker, as in other games or sports, there are no enemies or friends, there are people who compete with each other with logic, patience, composure and of course they check who the lady luck is better than! ))

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We are not friends, we are players and we are competing....but we are not enemies

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
mackmasterss

Hmm.. a competition of the resources I have acquired that cost me?

Let's just say that if I know for sure that he is my enemy, then I will knock him out and will not look at anything! But if he is my friend but actually is an enemy I will lose him all of his chips, because I consider him a friend, and be loyal when he knows that I'm his enemy, and hits me full, but I do not know about... That is intriguing.

Dchoyt82
Probably good words.

Rather than posting user name links and replying which doesn't make a lot of sense you can use the following buttons:

39287fd09d9f4dec92061d4b378e5b66.png

Multi-Quote is when you want to reply to more than one person in your post, then Quote & Reply to reply, you can just hit Quote & Reply to reply to a single post.

T

TanaT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play, everything is considered players. even if your friend is sitting at your table, you can do a favor, but others do not forgive. There are no enemies and friends in the game, all rivals.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rather than posting user name links and replying which doesn't make a lot of sense you can use the following buttons:

39287fd09d9f4dec92061d4b378e5b66.png

Multi-Quote is when you want to reply to more than one person in your post, then Quote & Reply to reply, you can just hit Quote & Reply to reply to a single post.

Yes, I understand, I was explained, thank you, sorry.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at the poker table we are not friends and we are not opponents!

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is for this reason that I do not make friends in poker. So as not to be offended and I need to make concessions.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There can be no friends in sports. All who compete with you - if not enemies, then rivals. Friendship begins after the end of the contest.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I quite often play with friends in living and so my the answer unambiguously friends)))

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker, no friends, it's just the players.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that there are only rivals at the table. So my goal is to win. Everything else is not important.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are at the table no friends no enemies you are competing against all at the table.:):):)

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is individual game so other players should not be treated like friends or enemies. It is just competition. Saying that some chatting on the table is completely ok for me as long as it is not abusive or giving advantage to some players.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, is a competition where sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. not a game going to lose a friendship. but if you can win or lose a friend in the game. regards