Folding and the flop brings a monster.

S

SweetLemonz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly it hurts a bit on the inside , but you just need to look at the hand before you seen then flop (in most cases) as hindsight is a lovely thing but some like 5d 2s is a poor hand so if you on like a re-raise you made the right play, so don't let it bother you that much.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in most cases you will play with these cards in Big, and Small, so you have to control the value of betting on the Flop, because the range is not in your favor, example play against UTG, and you in Small, it has a lot of chance to hit the flop with the cards of good cards that his range has .. The best thing to do is to have a balance in Blefer or play to improve your cards on the turn and river.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it happens thats poker, just consider what would happen if u bet all those dead hands that didnt pull monsters on the flop. gotta stick to percentages at very least preflop.

D

danielcai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are making a correct decision preflop, then ignore the flop. We should not be results orientated. If you are afraid that u might miss a monster flop and call with trashy hands, it's burning money in long term

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments, I don’t have such moments often, but when I play a cash game, it happens very often when I fold not very good cards and the Flop drops very good combinations, I just keep playing and wait for my card to play and win !

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play at a house tournamente with a bunch of friend and i lost pretty fast this time around. but the hands i had the most success were 43 and 42. both of the turn in to fuul house in the turn. so its hard to say. i believe its luck

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a sad thing but you gotta stick to your plan and on your hand ranges. Don't get tricky with weak hands.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

It depends on the blinds. If the blinds are small then fold till your hand is approximately where it was at the monster hand. If blinds are big and chips are low go all in.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My studies of the online RNG explain that the shuffling of the cards uses a variety of inputs, including player mouse movements and barometric pressure, among other seeds. These seeds produce the randomness of the shuffle. Once the deck is shuffled, it remains static till the end of the hand. At no time is the order of cards changed during the hand. That would be akin to a dealer in a card room shuffling the cards after the deal, the flop, and the turn. While the results would still be random, it just never happens in a NORMAL hand. (There are a few instances when part of the deck can be reshuffled, due to dealer error, but they are very, very rare.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
if you are making a correct decision preflop, then ignore the flop. We should not be results orientated. If you are afraid that u might miss a monster flop and call with trashy hands, it's burning money in long term

Exactly - make correct decisions pre-flop. Go for the long term results, not one-hand-got-lucky-this-time hands.

S

SlowRollAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It makes me alittle nauseous at times, lol.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think everyone knows the situation.
You folded weak cards and the flopp brings a monster.
the next cards will be a stronger starting hand and we will not mind.
This again and again. How do you deal with it?

If you have folded your hand why are you paying attention to woulda, coulda, shoulda? Pay attention to those still in the hand & take notes on reality.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just don't deal with it, it's done that hand, preparing for the next one. Still thinking on it? Then you're tilting.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to worry about it too much as long as i’ve played the hand as I normally do.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is how I look at it. I have weak hand preflop and I fold and I hit the nut. No worries. One might say, "How can you say no worries?" I take in to consideration the fact that if i played every single weak hand that I would lose more than i would gain. Therefore, I say, don't worry about the small stuff. There is a good chance that even if you hit the nut with a weak hand in all likelihood you probably won't get paid off very well in most scenarios.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well for me it s discipline fold so it doesn't matter to take advantage of this kind of situations you need to be more in control for example opening our range in certain moments in the tournament

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Somtimes those hands turn out to be your downfall when another agro dude gets his cards after the flop. Then your out.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Don't get into the loop.
Play your set game, fold the cards you don't like and forget about it.

I have seen hands which I fold, throw up two pairs flopped and I say Oh no! And at the end after the showdown I see a set wins that hand and I am like Oh yes !

So no regrets, play what is playable and forget what is foldable.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think everyone knows the situation.
You folded weak cards and the flopp brings a monster.
the next cards will be a stronger starting hand and we will not mind.
This again and again. How do you deal with it?
difícil é perder com AA na mão e seu adversário vai com 8Q e ganha de você, eu sou mestre em perder com AA.

Bigg197

Bigg197

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You never know when to reset and when not) many times dropped quads and other combos wombo)

IcyPlayChips

IcyPlayChips

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you shouldn't worry about missing a good combination when you actually folded a bad hand because the odds of getting something good out of it with the flop is generally lower.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In such a situation, I prefer to bring the opponent out of balance with my long thoughts on my move. I pause as much as the time limit allows and make an illogical decision in each case.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi all , yes I too used to struggle with this, now I just sorta move on but keep mind if other players try to represent what I folded , and also at times just keep out of trouble by playing your normal game, i.e you may be tricky with 64 and flop comes 844 and think you have the nuts only t be beaten by pocket 88 , so sometimes just be glad and choose you real hands and hope rival has 2nd best hand to play against you with :)
good poker and see you at the tables

Folding in Poker