Folding and the flop brings a monster.

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this happened to me yesterday, fold K and 3, and a flop brought up 2K. Its is devastating to see that you have fold top cards, but as everyone says, move on, it's a past now.

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, it's annoying, especially if you're at a table where it seems like some of the more donk-tastic players are limping in (or calling raises) preflop with absolute rags and then flopping the nuts FAR more often than you'd expect. But I think a lot of the time it's just that we notice the occasions where our folded rags would have flopped made hands, far more than we notice the many many times that our folded rags don't connect with the flop at all. So try not to let it affect your game.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi BobZock! I try adapt under opponent(s), that is to use "exploit style",
because eventually in the Poker win not starting monster hands or
another starting hand, but a combination your cards and cards on the board!;):cool::D

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you made the correct food preflop these situations shouldn’t bother you. Trying to get lucky in the end will lose you money. If you folded you BB to a raise where you closed the action and that happened you can raise some questions as to why you folded. Or I’d you’re on the button and folded to a min raise this is another situation when you could put in some folds but rarely is that situation going to be profitable.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I deal with it by knowing I made the best decision I could with the information I had at the time. I may have lost the opportunity to cash in on that one pot, but how much money do I save myself by not playing all those hands where I would not have improved. I am sure the savings far outweigh those few times I would have gotten lucky.

pac818man

pac818man

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everyone knows the situation.
You folded weak cards and the flopp brings a monster.
the next cards will be a stronger starting hand and we will not mind.
This again and again. How do you deal with it?
You're thinking about what you folded to much and it may cause you to tilt, if you are prone to tilting. The only situation where you need to remember what you folded is if you can turn back time.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stick to theory. It'll pay off in the long run.

Exactly! Except it shall pay off not in the long run but extremely fast.

Stick to the theory no matter what!
There are only few cases when it is OK to play with weak cards. If you do not occur in such rare instances, do not invest in weak cards.

B

BobZock

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're thinking about what you folded to much and it may cause you to tilt, if you are prone to tilting. The only situation where you need to remember what you folded is if you can turn back time.
Yes, Ty.
Because I am no kind super brain looking for patterns and believes that these exist. Or Doctor Who^^
:D

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The decision is made, and will always be the best. If you do not convince the cards before the flop you do not have to feel bad about what happens next. If you get caught in that situation you can not go on. In the long term that the letters know just trash depend on luck.:D:D

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This situation definitely us to tilt me somewhat in the past. Although I am trying to be less 'results' driven and concentrate on making the correct plays. Easier said than done with me though, patience and discipline are not my strongest traits!!

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Folding and the flop brings a monster".

This is the fish appeal of Hold 'Em: any two cards can win, and the improvement is dramatic. One second you're holding something nasty like a (J2-o) and the next: BOOM! Full House! Not at all like the incremental improvement of 7-Stud, for example. Yeah, it SUX when it goes: open -> 3! -> call -> call and you fold that (J2-o) and watch (J, J, 2) hit the board while pocket aces or kings takes it down. You still made the right decision not to cold call a three-bet with a total junk hand. It's 1087.89 : 1 against flopping a Full to (J2).

Two pair is still 48.5 : 1 against, and that would be a dangerous top and bottom 2-pair, or even bottom two. You simply can't be playing hands like that and expect to flop a miracle. Miracles don't happen that often, so leave that wishful thinking to the fish. If you would'a flopped the Brazils, oh well, it happens. Any two can win, but any two can't win frequently enough to make you +EV over the long haul, which is what Poker is all about.

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with that klind of thinking any two cards could potentially be a monster hand
but that's why there are percentages attached....
the number of hands you would have to see, with most of the hands you would typically fold, to be ahead on the flop is pretty high...

tried explaining that to a loose aggro friend of mine....he can never see the logic....he is more of a cash game player anyway.....

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you shouldn’t pay attention to it at all. Each new deal ends when you fold to the pass. pass - everything, you can move on. and it’s worth learning to be a successful distance player. extra emotions are not friends with poker

B

BrunoIngrassia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is necessarily a game in which having patience and assimilating losses with control is a part. I think security is easier to find in chess

V

vashsv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you folded that means that you decided that your hand was not strong enough to continue in that spot. Stick to your decisions, it's never a good idea to constantly second guees yourself. It will lead to mistakes and you will try to catch lightning in a bottle. Keep to your strategy and you will be fine.

Iggykiddo

Iggykiddo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this a troll post?
It's poker. Its probably a good fold 9/10 times. You cant be angry about that one time you should have called because the board turned out to be a monster for you.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just do not pay attention to such moments. I continue to play as I played before, unchanged. This is a typical situation that is actually a test of your patience. In any case, I always try to be careful and wait for strong cards.

W

willpwr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well sometimes I will catch a monster flop like this. I try to vary my game and i play a hand like K 7s or 5-7 and occasionally it pays off tremendously. Calling a large bet with 5-7, Knowing they have overcards hoping for a low flop, I'll get a flop like. A 5 5 and they have Ak or Aq. Lol I love it, they get stacked more than half the time, who expects you to have a five after a call of that caliber?

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes friend this can happen so sometimes it costs nothing to see a flop with low cards if you have a few more blinds.

pokergopher

pokergopher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Continue to play solid poker and eventual the variance will return in your favor.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I am not sorry about the weak hand thrown because you are not winning with such hands in the long run ... You rarely hit a monster with a weak hand on the flop.

G

ggteam2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just don't care - Im already folded, nothing can be changed.

Folding in Poker