***February Fever Poker Chat***

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anybody see any major leaks in these stats ? Just wondering if these are ok for 25NL FR.

Attachments

• stats.jpg
    stats.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 5
icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mono - thanks yeah I see the numbers but when I stack there at the flop I figured it was better ... anyways not sure what that donk is doing at that flop anyways. It only got worse from there yesterday ... dropped 3 buyins.

Stars VIP - I talk about this in my blog, but yeah March 1st Gold is 3k and Platinum is 7k so I should easily reach Platinum now.

Jagsti - I 100% believe in the deposit/bonus doomswitch. 100%.

Jurn8 - The only number that matters if the one that says what your BB/100 is, which isn;t there. It's about the scoreboard. That said your numbers look solid, a little nitty which is a good thing. Maybe look at more 3 bet opportunities. Flop more sets.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anybody see any major leaks in these stats ? Just wondering if these are ok for 25NL FR.

BB/100 is too low... :D

pretty standard overall, tbh.

i think your steal% is a little low and and BB fold to steal could be higher too, so maybe you're not playing with enough positional-awareness. Do you have winnings per position?

3bet% is low. You only 3bet super premiums, right? You could experiment with 3betting a bit lighter on the BTN and some squeezing too.

Also, if villains have similar 3bet% to yours, your "vs 3bet fold%" should be much higher, unless you play deep enough to make set mining 3bet pots correct, which means typically quite deeper than 100bb. In general, people don't 3bet light, so defending against a 3bet with a nice looking hand like AJ is suicidal, imo. If you do, stop.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jurn8 - The only number that matters if the one that says what your BB/100 is, which isn;t there. It's about the scoreboard. That said your numbers look solid, a little nitty which is a good thing. Maybe look at more 3 bet opportunities. Flop more sets.

BB/100 is there dude - 1.51/100 which isnt nice so far in Feb, I need work on 3betting deffo, I will look around DC for some vids on it.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop more sets.

That's overrated, imo. I'm crushing 200nl so far while I flop sets only about 2% of the time.

The thing is, against villains who know how to fold an overpair, you don't actually need to flop it. Just pretend you did... :D

Warning: don't try this at home.

Disclaimer: tiny sample size.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-fold to more 3-bets, 3-bet more.
-steal more
-your W$WSF is kinda low, trying playing in position more...

That's all I got.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BB/100 is too low... :D

pretty standard overall, tbh.

i think your steal% is a little low and and BB fold to steal could be higher too, so maybe you're not playing with enough positional-awareness. Do you have winnings per position?

3bet% is low. You only 3bet super premiums, right? You could experiment with 3betting a bit lighter on the BTN and some squeezing too.

Also, if villains have similar 3bet% to yours, your "vs 3bet fold%" should be much higher, unless you play deep enough to make set mining 3bet pots correct, which means typically quite deeper than 100bb. In general, people don't 3bet light, so defending against a 3bet with a nice looking hand like AJ is suicidal, imo. If you do, stop.

Squeezing from the blinds belgo or what position?

Here are my positional stats

Attachments

• stats1.jpg
    stats1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 4
icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's overrated, imo. I'm crushing 200nl so far while I flop sets only about 2% of the time. .

Belgo can I please post without worrying about you making some comment at my expense? PLEASE?

Seriously .. "flop more sets" like anyone has control over that. humor. get it.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You should be making a lot more money from the BTN. The rest looks fine.

Try to experiment with 3betting on the BTN and raising limpers with a much wider range.

Don't waste good implied odds opportunities where flat calling is fine (tight aggressive raiser and you have a small pocket pair is always a call), but feel free to raise (i.e. punish limpers or 3bet) a wider range when the opening ranges of villains looks wide (open-limpers, CO steals, somewhat LAG players, ...).

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Belgo can I please post without worrying about you making some comment at my expense? PLEASE?

Level???

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

humor too on this side. not very good maybe. no wish to offense. sorry if i did.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'd suggest throwing away more from the SB too. I know sometimes you get huge pot odds when the table limps around to you but you're gonna be OOP so marginally hit flops are tough to play. I like the fact that your PFR tries to keep up to the VPIP in that position though.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for advice guys, Ill get 3betting more and squeezing!!

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Squeezing from the blinds belgo or what position?

Comments:

Kind of interesting how different your SB and BB stats are. It seems in the SB you are completing a bit too often. Filter your HEM stats so that it only shows hands where you are in the SB, VPIP=true, PFR=false, and could 3-bet=false. Anything worse than -25 PTBB/100 means that you'd be better folding 100% of the time when you think you want to complete.

Another comment is that although 7.5/6.6 is pretty close, I'd like to see the circumstances where you are playing in EP and not raising. Hopefully it's more with hands like PPs against players that will spew to you postflop if you hit a set.

I would open up a bit more from the CO and way more from the button. At 25nl I don't think you're getting everyone calling everything anymore so you can open up and steal much much wider.

Most other stuff looks good. Obviously I'm just commenting on stats so I don't know how well you're playing and all that, but from a strictly stat standpoint it does look decent. I would just open up a ton more from the button and at least a bit more from the CO.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for advice guys, Ill get 3betting more and squeezing!!

Carefully. It's easy to overdo it too...

And it's really not just 3betting. It's also simply raising more in position. If you're on the BTN, the pot gets limped to you and you like your hand enough to play it, raise pot-sized even if it's far from premium. On the BTN, I'll do that with 86s and the likes to give you an idea.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Belgo, your Avatar resembles mine. Awesome, brother! :D

Edit: Oh man, I just saw the description under your name. How did you do that?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yall need to learn to make your humour better and actually funny so jokes are understood imo :)

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Belgo, your Avatar resembles mine. Awesome, brother! :D

Edit: Oh man, I just saw the description under your name. How did you do that?

It's cause he's part of the overrated Elite of this forum :p

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow **** turbo sngs. I just played about 30 of them and ran worse than I thought humanly possible. Still only lost like $10 (they were all 38's), but I think I'm gonna go have my brain examined because I cannot believe I thought sngs could be a semi-consistent way of earning vpps effortlessly. Instead they're a way of making me want to kill myself.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow **** turbo sngs. I just played about 30 of them and ran worse than I thought humanly possible. Still only lost like $10 (they were all 38's), but I think I'm gonna go have my brain examined because I cannot believe I thought sngs could be a semi-consistent way of earning vpps effortlessly. Instead they're a way of making me want to kill myself.

Even though this is more a personal matter, 30 sngs is not much of a sample as you know so swing-a-luck-a-doo.

I suggest you replicate the Spacegravy prop bet and we keep giving you various methods for killing yourself throughout the month.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow **** turbo sngs. I just played about 30 of them and ran worse than I thought humanly possible. Still only lost like $10

[ ] ran worse than you thought humanly possible

:p

and yes, turbo sngs are the devil no question

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though this is more a personal matter, 30 sngs is not much of a sample as you know so swing-a-luck-a-doo.

I suggest you replicate the Spacegravy prop bet and we keep giving you various methods for killing yourself throughout the month.

Well yeah I know, that was kinda the point. The swings are just absolutely brutal and if I were doing more than 30 I would have to kill myself.

[ ] ran worse than you thought humanly possible

:p

and yes, turbo sngs are the devil no question
well I meant during it, there was a stretch of 2 minutes where I lost 10+ AIPF hands where it was either a flip or I was ahead. I did win a few HU flips later which was a bigger money swing than the earlier ones anyway, just meant the way it made me feel lol. Anyway guess I'll just have to grind cash to clear that bonus.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carefully. It's easy to overdo it too...

And it's really not just 3betting. It's also simply raising more in position. If you're on the BTN, the pot gets limped to you and you like your hand enough to play it, raise pot-sized even if it's far from premium. On the BTN, I'll do that with 86s and the likes to give you an idea.

Usually works best when the limpers are not shortstacked in my experience, if they are (i think) it's ok to limp behind and play multiway