***February Fever Poker Chat***

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^^ ARG.

Jagsti / Switch / Monkey pity party. This BIIIIITTTTTEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I want to play ... but I can't play. So says I.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QFMFT bro....

I really wish I hadn't been off work today. As I have just spewed off a small fecking fortune!!!

Like you said, great start to the month, almost wiped out in one crappy day :(.

Well if you are still playing HU it kinda comes with the territory. One minute it seems like free money next minute you wonder how you ever managed to win a single hand...

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
'K, who coined the term "fish in God mode"?

53/0 calls MP raise, I 3 bet with QQ in the BB. He takes my stack with a flopped set of 2s.

One orbit later he open limps from UTG, I raise with QQ again, bet flop, turn, river. Flop is J82, turn 8, river 4. This time he had K8o.

After three days of hands like this, downswing has officially commenced.

I'm going to move to SnGs for a while hoping it passes.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

me this is lame :(

Oh buddy, I feel your pain! I started off so well, and then hell froze over and the handbasket filled up with shit!

My proof...

Edit: On another note, I've put in more hands this month than I did all last year thanks to learning the multi tabling!

Attachments

• feb 12 graph.JPG
    feb 12 graph.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 4
belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
wow....wow.....you guys are reflecting my sentiments since last weekend...when I shouldve stopped playing....first time I can actually say tilt is a way of life atm....:(

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I see all the bad mojo around here, i'm happy that yesterday, instead of poker I spent the evening playing belote with a couple of friends. Mixes great with Belgian beers, btw. :D

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
'K, who coined the term "fish in God mode"
That sounds like something I could have said. I have no idea if I coined it, though.

$4k below EV this month over 13k hands, which would be A-OK if I had been running hot in other spots, but alas - I haven't. Time to regroup and crush the rest of this month.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i guess we can all share somthing this week, losing at poker :(.

Probably not gonna play much online this weekend. Will be playing a live tourney on saturday thou :D.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if you are still playing HU it kinda comes with the territory. One minute it seems like free money next minute you wonder how you ever managed to win a single hand...

Yeah, I was sort of expecting it at some stage as I'd had like 10 winning days on the run. Unfortunately yesterdays nightmare coincided with a shot at 200nl HU :(.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My week was ok, didnt put in a massive volume though, but a nice heater followed by a few breakeven days, still I won't complain. If I could win with KK preflop allins though, it would be a different story.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right guys, before I took my roll out of Stars I used the auto rebuy feature for my cash games. Now I have recently starting playing again there, and for some reason I can't get to work now (not sure if I have accidently de-activated something or what). I can guarantee you it's doing my head in at this point so can someone help me out before I f'kin insane!!!!!!

I have been to options>select auto rebuy feature>select 'if i fall under 100bb' then apply

Is there anything else I need to check?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right guys, before I took my roll out of Stars I used the auto rebuy feature for my cash games. Now I have recently starting playing again there, and for some reason I can't get to work now (not sure if I have accidently de-activated something or what). I can guarantee you it's doing my head in at this point so can someone help me out before I f'kin insane!!!!!!

I have been to options>select auto rebuy feature>select 'if i fall under 100bb' then apply

Is there anything else I need to check?

You need the tick box with the grey shading around which says "Automatically rebuy at No limit,Pot limit + mixed tables"

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I see all the bad mojo around here, i'm happy that yesterday, instead of poker I spent the evening playing belote with a couple of friends. Mixes great with Belgian beers, btw. :D

Is there anything that doesn't mix great with Belgian beers :confused:

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need the tick box with the grey shading around which says "Automatically rebuy at No limit,Pot limit + mixed tables"

I have.

It looks like a stars problem. I'm sending them some stuff via email. Hope it works :(

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have.

It looks like a stars problem. I'm sending them some stuff via email. Hope it works :(

Note that there is the bug that if you are playing and you disconnect for any reason and come back on the tables that were up during the disconnect will no longer auto-rebuy. Not sure if this is what was going on for you.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank goodness the constant set vs. overset situations have stopped.

poker stars, $10/$20 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

Hero (CO): $2,093.50 (104.7 bb)
BTN: $902 (45.1 bb)
SB: $2,157 (107.9 bb)
BB: $2,349 (117.5 bb)
MP: $2,214 (110.7 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is CO with K
diamond.gif
K
club.gif

MP folds, Hero raises to $60, BTN folds, SB calls $50, BB calls $40

Flop: ($180) 9
heart.gif
club.gif
J
heart.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $140, SB raises to $420, BB folds, Hero calls $280

Turn: ($1,020) K
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $400, Hero calls $400

River: ($1,820) J
club.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $1,277 and is all-in, Hero calls $1,213.50 and is all-in

Results: $4,247 pot ($2 rake)
SB showed 9
diamond.gif
spade.gif
(four of a kind, Nines) and won $4,245 ($2,151.50 net)
Hero mucked K
diamond.gif
K
club.gif
(a full house, Kings full of Jacks) and lost (-$2,093.50 net)

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow, that's sick chris. strangely, the two biggest pots i've lost this month were both 99 against KK, set under set. there's something about those hands, they like to duel

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whew... I'm really getting my thought process straightened out right now.

I think I've had several of the right mental elements rumbling around up there for awhile but they weren't coherent and fluid enough. This coaching is worth every cent...looking at it as an investment.

Being able to actually keep up with it and play poker on a consistent basis is helping a little bit too.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sigh, ive sure im like at least approx 98.34111 buyins below ev

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is there a way to see my flopped set % and my all in EV in PT3 or is it only a HEM feature?

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting back into cash, with a new mindset, discipline and a plan.
Work to get a solid, non-spew, cash game at 10nl playing 6 tables for the rest of the month.

Also I got motivational .txt's !
Funny how I saw ChuckTs going through similar problems with his game, even though he is a 1000x better player than me and he also talked about these kind of cards like an hour after I made this :).

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 4
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to post stuff in the positive sense, enty. Like if you say don't tilt, then you have nothing to aim for.

How about rewriting that and saying:

- Pay close attention to my mental state. If I start to approach that tilt threshold (the point of no return :p), then start breathing deep and slow through my nose. If that doesn't work, quit.

- Every time I look at the cashier, punch myself in the face. Enough to hurt bad.

:)