Fear and Poker

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

It usually depends on the flop of a card on a previous hand. One little mistake finds you in a hole. I think its best you just sit out the rest of the tournament and collect blinds. It seems there is no way out.

Mmurilove

Mmurilove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that to avoid fear it is necessary to have good bankroll management, after all we do not have to be afraid if there is no possibility of losing everything.
I think it's harder to control overconfidence when we're doing well, but for that we always have to keep in mind that we still have a lot to evolve and there are a lot of people better than us. If that does not solve, just take some bad beats that your confidence goes down, hahaha

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to be afraid to play and lose a bankroll, but now it happens to me as a player muse713 - As soon as I started to strictly manage a bankroll, I realized that there was no more fear. This allowed me to take risks and play with confidence. I'm still a little worried if I take a shot at a higher limit. But for the most part I can say that I am a confident poker player.

I like this answer because it makes a lot of sense.

The original poster is describing his reactions to his own emotions.

I try to play the game without emotions......otherwise you will fold everything except AA.

Good luck !

R

reorgas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
need always relax and thinl abait game not cash

is just money first game

R

reorgas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
fear you need control more think and all ok

fear you need control more think and all ok

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fear of success and fear of failure, and the most common fears haunt players at every table, in every poker room on the planet.

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not feel fear during a poker game. Excitement, excitement, anything, but not fear) If you are afraid, do not play.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel fine with online poker as long as I'm playing within my means. Its playing poker in real life that fear just gets the better of me. My heart just races and I feel awful. Perhaps the repetition would help but... for now I just do online and stay in my comfort zone for now.

D

Deemajor44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After playing for so long you get use to bad beats happening it is all part of the game no fear about it anymore