Family and Poker

M

MlaKirDi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone in my family is playing poker and they're okay.))

ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If i doo not play too much, my wife does not mind.But sometimes i play the hole day and she belive i am addicted.

When she says that, I usually take a few days off to calm her down. I like poker and it is my hobby. But sometimes i cant play it, becouse i ve got no time. I ve got a little doughter and she need also time then i am back from work.So i play allways at the late evening for some ours.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes my wife tells me that I spend a lot of time in poker and she is angry with me, but when I get a profit, she is happy, and it's great to get extra profit in the family!

Alex14073

Alex14073

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I am 45 years old, and I am only at the beginning of the poker journey. So far, only a minus. I spend a lot of time and I hope for a positive result in the future.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There must be balance in everything. Distribute the time of day to family, life and poker as you like and to others. And follow this schedule. Correcting this schedule for months, depending on the priorities now. Balance, balance and balance again. Good luck to everyone at the tables and in life.:)

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My husband has been playing poker since he was a teen with his friends and brothers. Then when poker came online he played it lots. My kids would be on the computer a lot too. So all round I would be quite annoyed at all of them. So I decided I wanted to see what all the nonsense was about and started playing some computer games with my kids and playing online poker. My husband taught me some poker basics and well...…………...Ive never looked back. I really enjoy online poker. Our kids our grown up now and left home and often in the evenings my husband and I are both playing poker together on our laptops, complaining about all our bad beats and sharing excitement for our big wins. So our family is AA-OK with poker!! If you can't beat them, then join them haha :D

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My girl has already accepted that part of me, poker doesnt take up all my free time, but it is notorious. As for my family, well, to summarize it, they do not know it and I hope they never know. :D

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife and daughter agree on my game when they sleep. Of course, half the winnings go for them - that's why they wish me luck.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I spend a lot of time playing poker, my wife gets angry with me. If I made money on a poker game, then she would probably be happy, but for now, making money in poker is not possible.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my family thinks it's a competition sport where the most prepared win, and I have all their support to grind

P

PeedroZack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
today is more acceptable than a few years ago, but there is more prejudice

Sakal1990

Sakal1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My familly is not happy when I play poker but if I win some money they immediately change their minds...

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Anders1616

My wife is the only other person in the house and she says its a waste of time, even though, I do win some $.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family is very important to me and I will choose them over poker anytime. Because I am trying to turn poker into a profitable job more then a hobby, the hours have been pretty assesivley. So I switched my routine a little, I play during the day a little when my youngest is in chill mode and then I play my most hours after 8. I do take breaks in between to make sure my wife is happy;0) Just find a happy and healthy balance for family, work is important but family is most important.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
They don't care if I am playing or not .

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My family treats my work with understanding and respect.
For which I am very grateful to them.

S

Suprymo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well my uncle for example rly thinking about professional career, that was surprise to hear that xd

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't play too much

My wife doesn't mind my poker playing as long as I don't play enough to impact our time together.

P

Pkr_wife

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My husband plays professionally and I think it's fine. It's just a job and we've found a good balance. During the day he spends time with me and the kids and in the evening he starts working.

Not everyone is happy with his career choice though, especially my dad. I think it's because many think playing for hours daily means my husband has a gambling issue. Trying to explain poker strategy to them feels futile and the pressure that comes from them is straining at times.

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family like poker

well I'm just 19 years old and I still live with my mother and she likes poker, sometimes she gets worry cause she think I play too much time but at the end of the day she likes it and she support me all the time, on the other hand my father doesn't like it and he is always telling me that I shouldn't get too involve and stuff like that fortunately he doesn't live with me and I think that is something good.

My nephews are really important in my life and they really like when I play poker! they don't understand too much but still is a great think and they are always watching me playing.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What your family think about poker game?

As long as I don't spend all my spare time playing my wife couldn't care less about me playing poker. She enjoys playing from time to time with the kids and I so she know about the game but doesn't understand that it's not all luck.

I also don't risk my family income on the game. All my bankroll is from freerolls so there is no risk to me so she has nothing to worry about there.

The key like any other hobby is to not let it consume you if you have a family.

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife understands my interest in poker, but playing time can not go overboard. I do not have kids yet, so I still have a little time to have fun. Other family members think I'm addicted and poker is a bad game, I try to explain it, but it's hard to convince them.