Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Watchin' now.. thanks for the link, coolnout!

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Must be a really small studio...

isaac

isaac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dang i guess i missed it, but i am so cyched for the next episode, ill see if i can find it online somewhere. If by chance someone happens to come across it, could you please post on the thread, i would be much in debt to that person. Anyways,i will hope to catch the next episode next week, and maybe freeroll my way into the show....

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would of taken the 40K, but 200K I would of taken it and ran out the building. Forget the million take the 200K and be happy. :D

Remember, you would only get about $120K of it due to taxes...

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched it for 10 minutes...thought it was pretty bad. The host wasnt very fluid, the banter between at least the first two players was obviously forced and/or stupid besides. What does Ivey or the rest get for winning the matches--what is their incentive...I missed that part.

The best part of the show was the hot hostess...so after I saw her a couple times I tuned to a movie that I had already seen 10 times before. Maybe I will give it another chance, but it just did nothing for me, and I love HSP, WPT, and even Poker After Dark.

NiceNisus

NiceNisus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm 20 years old. I'd walk with the 200k even if it was bumped to 120k with taxes. Buy a horse and ride west. Pretend to be a cowboy.

Last edited:
SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched it for 10 minutes...thought it was pretty bad. The host wasnt very fluid, the banter between at least the first two players was obviously forced and/or stupid besides. What does Ivey or the rest get for winning the matches--what is their incentive...I missed that part.

The best part of the show was the hot hostess...so after I saw her a couple times I tuned to a movie that I had already seen 10 times before. Maybe I will give it another chance, but it just did nothing for me, and I love HSP, WPT, and even Poker After Dark.

The pros are playing for the charity of their choice, so they have incentive to play. I agree that the conversation was a little brutal to watch in the first match, but Ivey is not exactly Mr Entertainment, and the other guys' idea of socializing is a night of EverQuest.
Just be thankful Negraneau won't be on there, there would be more talking then playing.
I did like it though. They made a gameshow with poker...what not to like?
:D

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why o why do these game show type formats always have an idiot host or announcer, even the regular poker shows do it except for the WPT games.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why o why do these game show type formats always have an idiot host or announcer, even the regular poker shows do it except for the WPT games.

Poker After Dark with Shana Hiatt :top:

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't really much care for the show either, and my expectations for it were pretty low to begin with.

The show feels like an hour long FTP infomercial.

The pauses in between big hands so the host and TD can add their two cents worth is just awkward to the flow.

The host's jabs towards the contestants was just rude considering the time these people took just to get entry into the show. The way some contestants are going to be perceived isn't exactly going to be positive to them...or to the poker community in general.

The FTP pros couldn't look any more un-interested in whether they win or lose this.

The editing of the show to bring it within an hour format 'really' shows. I very much doubt those monster hands at the beginning happened as closely as they did in real time.

I'll stick with watching wsop,WSOPE, and the WPT...much more interesting TV

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The show realy realy blows (still wish i was on it o) poker after dark is the best show imo,followed by hsp.

W

WCC6976

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cant wait!

I can't wait to watch this. I still am try to make it. I've mad it to round 2 acouple times,but seem to always lose in round two. It will be intresting to see how they play against the pro.

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to say I really didn't like it.
It's like deal or no deal with some (very little) poker!
Schrippa was good on the Sopranos but he has no place here.

Bring out the contestant, introduce him, pick the opponent and PLAY POKER!!!

The prize money is good, the fact that they will give some to charities is good but the overall format is a lame quiz show!!

:eek:

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liked the show.
Would LOVE to be on it.
Announcer sucks.

KICKIN_ACES

KICKIN_ACES

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The one thing I did like was the bar that showed all the outs. Nice addition to poker shows.

^^^^^:deal:
This was the coolest part of the show :cool:

The host was horrible, wouldn't be surprised if he got whacked :p before the show concludes. The hostess was pretty hot, but not much poker going on. I will watch it anyway ,but I sure hope they make some changes to improve it :eek:

L

losts0ul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering when someone will talk about the hot hostess =). The first episode seems crappy, hopefully it will get better.

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only funny part in the entire show was when the host was making fun of a contestant because they lived in the basement....and then asked the 'hot hostess' if she'd like to see his basement...and she said "maybe...for $40,000" (laughs).....

hmmmn, wonder what she did in her previous occupation,lol

ryodejaneiro

ryodejaneiro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just played the show last night on my DVR. Like some of you, I didn't like the show that much. I didn't like that whenever there was an all in, both the hose and Ali would come up on stage to talk before seeing the rest of the action. Also, the annoucner said that the second qualifier and E-dog made a deal to show each other one card during the match. I wonder what the reason for doing that was? Just try to make things more interesting to watch?

Anyway, the impression that I got was that this is a made for prime time TV poker game show to try to attract a wider/new audience. This may not be the best show to watch for experienced poker players who want to see more hands and more intense poker play. But it'll be cool if you qualify, go on the show, play against pros and have a shot at winning a million. This part I like :)

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first episode seems crappy, hopefully it will get better.

Might not have a chance to get any better.....It had the lowest ratings of every show on Saturday night networks, and the next highest rated show had 500,000 more viewers :eek:

Milwaukee NBC showed infomercials and Houston NBC showed a St Jude Special....

Who knows, maybe it will have enough viewers to survive Sat. afternoons..but if a show that advertised heavily to the poker community can not make a decent showing for the premiere episode on a Saturday night against reruns, it probably doesnt send a good signal for the long-term survival of the show.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It sucks.

PAD marginally better because Ali just does a voice-over.
Toss the Soprano idiot out.

A

AceofDiamonds

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't seen it yet but from what everyone else is saying, the hostess is hot, the host is awful, and there isnt enough poker play going on. I really hope that when I watch it next week that its better than what everyone has been saying.

D

DamianDelPiero

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did anyone else notice Schrippa go über-Italiano and slap the ex military contestant? For a split second you could see him wanting to kill Schrippa.

I

Igeso

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate this show, cause PRO's doesn't care about if they win or lose...