Face the Ace premieres tonight on NBC! 9PM EST

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NBC's prime-time poker-themed game show Face the Ace is set to premiere this Saturday night Aug. 1 at 9 p.m. ET with a group of facetheace.com and full tilt poker qualifiers taking on the some of the world's best poker players with $1 million on the line.

Hosted by The Sopranos Steve Schirripa, contestants on the show will first select a pro from behind four smoked-glass doors and then play that pro in a heads-up No-Limit Hold'em match with $40,000 up for grabs. Should the contestant prevail, they can keep the $40,000 or choose another pro to play for $200,000. Contestants moving on to the third round will play for the $1 million top prize. If the contestant loses at any point, they walk away with nothing and the winning pro takes $10,000 for their charity of choice.

The series will premiere with back-to-back shows Saturday evening and continue its seven-episode run on Saturday afternoons beginning in September. Fifteen Full Tilt pros were chosen as "Aces," including Patrik Antonius, Andy Bloch, Allen Cunningham, Chris Ferguson, Phil Gordon, Gus Hansen, Jennifer Harman, Phil Ivey, John Juanda, Howard Lederer, Erick Lindgren, Mike Matusow, Huck Seed, Erik Seidel, and Gavin Smith.
Collectively, the group has won 41 World Series of Poker bracelets, 11 World Poker Tour titles, and nearly $100 million in live tournament winnings.
Poker After Dark host Ali Nejad will act as the tournament director and provide additional commentary.

bigdog111

bigdog111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the info. i will set the tivo! sounds entertaining.

Implied Odds3

Implied Odds3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been waiting all week for this show. I wonder which pro's will play tonight.
Oh, and, are they REALLY going to play a heads up match for all 3 pros if the contestant makes it? Because the show is only an hour long; and some of the heads up matches i've played are over that lol.

E

Ernster86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any chance of watching this on youtube/pokertube? How long until someone posts it up?

nascarbabe

nascarbabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok looks like I set my dvr to record this show tonight! I was wondering when they were going to start these shows on tele...now i know....thanks for the info :)

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, and, are they REALLY going to play a heads up match for all 3 pros if the contestant makes it? Because the show is only an hour long; and some of the heads up matches i've played are over that lol.

I'm pretty sure they really did play heads up, because like every poker show, this was taped months ago and will be edited to fit the 1 hour.

lukeopp

lukeopp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
right on! I have been waiting for this. The DVR is armed and ready. Thanks for the info.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
should be interesting... I'd be impressed if anyone actually wins 2 in a row

mattj15

mattj15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i could only make it to stop 2 in the FTA freerolls :(

can't wait to watch this however.

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I forgot all about that...thanks for the reminder... setting the DVR now

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wtf is this bettertrade shit.

Velutha

Velutha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
damn! I'm out of town and will have to miss it!

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA and QQ in 3 hands WTF RIGGED. lol

rofl not much poker played. Cool idea, bad format I guess. The one thing I did like was the bar that showed all the outs. Nice addition to poker shows. Just seems like a primetime ad for FTP that prolly won't last.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
argh.

Bettertrades and Worx bought infomercial slots :( I guess I'll wait for pokertube.

RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm seeingh a bettertrades infomercial. Am I the only one?

Wow ...I just realized what you were saying...In Columbus Ohio they were showing infomercials when they were supposed to be playing the Heads up Poker Championship. For the first couple weeks, everyone was watching HU play and I was stuck looking at the F@CKING Garden trimmer. I wrote them nasty emails, and didnt watch anything on NBC for those weeks...not even Heroes which was my favorite show(Not that it mattered), so I feel your pain. NBC Blows

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Face The Ace just started on NBC over here. Just saw that guy get AA QQ in back to back hands, hhhhmmmmmmmm. RIGGED??? I don't know but it look like he had tears when they announced he won 40,000 dollars. :D

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The last guy is going for the million...I would have been sweating bullets after the first win and quit. I think if I choose to go for the million, I'd be shaking like a leaf, and playing super tight. Probally get blinded out. Thats just me.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The last guy is going for the million...I would have been sweating bullets after the first win and quit. I think if I choose to go for the million, I'd be shaking like a leaf, and playing super tight. Probally get blinded out. Thats just me.

Nah, I'd be rolling. Its a freeroll heads up on TV. Of course I'm going for the million.

They need to do some image consulting on the guy they got on there now. He's the classic never-see-the-daylight-or-exercise computer poker player image.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would of taken the 40K, but 200K I would of taken it and ran out the building. Forget the million take the 200K and be happy. :D