Everybody is a donkey

KoRnholio

KoRnholio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd prefer it if people would stop trying to educate the bad players and tell them what they are doing wrong. Just say "nh", if you have to say anything at all.

This.

Yesterday I am betting my hand and the guy is calling with a gutshot with no odds. He hits it on the river, but it puts a 3rd heart (backdoor) on the board and he checks behind me. Total donkey play on every street but you don't tell them because then they might not play that way next time ;)

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You'd mute him? I find it entertaining at times.

I play at carbon where player chat comes up as speech bubbles or animated smileys. It's distracting and I generally don't care for ppl lecturing or harrassing other players.

chipSMOKE

chipSMOKE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha yeah . All I hear now and days especially online . Donkey , fish , Donkey ,fish , donkey , Fish . It gets quite annoying .

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. The sites understand that berating players is bad for everyone including themselves so they're more than willing to ban someones chat for it.

I agree with you in principle but I do think they should make certain exceptions that allow chat like this:

Villain: You lucky motherf$%^er, bullshit software and their setups...%$# you king.

Me: stfu you unlucky homo and stop crying like a bitch.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Disagree and like I told PattyR, I would have reported him for that chat had I been at that table.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I was sat playing at a cash table and got called a donk all day. I don't think I played horribly, at one point had KK v AA AIPF and caught a K and got called a donk. Another with A8 in the BB, called a min raise, flop came AK8, turn 8 and I stack off AK. I don't see how I played these hands like a "donk" I maybe got lucky with a worse hand, but it's not like calling all the way with a gutshot and hitting is it? I think some people need to chill out and not go berating everyone just because they lose a hand or two with a better pre flop hand.

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whatever we do.....lets not chase the donators away....those of us that are here, and study, or at least try to have an understanding of the game knows that in the long run we will have a winning world and they will continune to always be donators. So yes, continue to seek the donkeys out, note them, find them....and have them donate to your cause.

kybcat

kybcat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had one calling me a donkey and all he was doing was bluffing. Kept saying you should with that hand and i had 2 pairs on the flop

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The guy with KK played the hand badly and allowed the other guy to see cheap cards. His outburst after the hand was almost certainly an attempt to cover up his own bad play. I see this happening a lot. Players think they can lay traps and get caught out. The other scenario of someone calling a genuine 3 or 4 BB raise with crap and hitting 2 pairs or better is very hard to take at the time but come on we all want them to call our raises with crap because most of the time they are not going to hit their cards. Give me someone like like to play every day of the week and I will happily take the odd bad beat because I know I am taking them in the long run.

trewtrew

trewtrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best to just ignore them. You could explain to them why the person isn't a donkey and that their own poor play led them to losing the hand but they would most likely just be ignorant and call you a donkey aswell

G

Geica

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donkey ?

The word itself (Donkey) is sometimes used by sore losers or to get under another players skin and throw their thinking away from the game. You did the right thing by muting the players chat because really a lot of time on the internet people rarely know each other and how can another person judge anothers style of play based on 1 tourney or ganme or hand.
Good luck and do what works for you and ignore what the other players say when that type of thing happens.

K

Kalana

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
mmm

Who ever came of with that name, is it another word for ..... well you know lol
just wondering lol ! Happy holidays to all !

FreeRollWannabe

FreeRollWannabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever the worst of the two starting hands win, there was a donk involved...

And yeah calling A8 in the BB with a slight raise is a poor move... Why? Because most decent poker players like to raise the slight amount to get a small stack to shove

So when AK8 shows up, you can assume AK, KK, AA, all hands that would raise that way just got hooked up. So betting into the pre flop raiser with the weak two pair there isn't such a good move, but at least you'll know if he does call he has a monster.

Then hitting the turn 8 sent the other guy over the edge, 4/8% outter hitting is gonna drive anyone over the edge.

*edit* I've heard Mike "The Mouth" claim to take credit for coming up with "donk" like him and his friend, he got beat, was angry, didn't want to say a foul word, so he came up with "donk" instead, apparently it stuck

Last edited:
TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I get called a donk all the time my my losing opponents. I just type back "ty!". Really pisses them off.

But I don't care cuz' I'm winning! Bwahahaha!!!

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love donkeys. but when they make a hero call on the river, tell them they are phil ivey.

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love smack talk at the poker table. if 2 guys are arguing i jump in and call them both fish and donkeys and what not. only works at cash games where i can dump a small amount of money to make myself look stupid so i can get my money in easier when i have a real hand.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Disagree and like I told PattyR, I would have reported him for that chat had I been at that table.

you would report me?!?! very slantyish of you sir ;)

side note: i get my chat back on pokerstars today!!! after my month long ban. yess:D

8Michael3

8Michael3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I asked full tilt to disable my chat because I was the king of tapping the fish tank!

Explaining the odds of calling with weak aces: is your kicker gonna be good if you flop an ace? what if he has an over pair and you flop your kicker without the ace?
Explaining the reasons behind limping high blinds with suited connectors and the blinds only have 10-20bb? The odds of flopping 2 pair are 49 to 1! the odds of flopping trips or better are even worse!

I think I had the foulest mouth on full tilt-another good reason to have them disable my chat! Only problem is, I cant make deals or say GG at the CC freerolls!

But geez, with all the information out there you would think the games would be tougher. haha. I think the fish are reproducing at a greater rate than the sharks. Me like it!

J

jackdonkey1717

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, look at my name. The word doesn't lose it's meaning. Just kidding of course.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately I've been rocked with folks calling preflop with suspect hands hitting monsters. I.e. 69 hitting trips while I hit top pair top kicker (K99 flop). I know the guy was extremely LAG so I stacked off and blew it.

Another hand, I had AA, raised to 6BB, still got called by 34. Flop's 39Q. He calls another big bet. 3 hits on the turn. I didn't put him on a 3. He check called again. So I shoved my remaining stack (less than pot) on the river thinking had a Q and lost it all. I would have called anyway.

I was actually astounded at the latest disaster rather than mad cuz I've been running extremely bad for a month. (I even had one where I would have had quads run into a str. flush had I not folded my set on an extremely wet board and a series of reraises. Folding the set on the turn saved me from losing my stack on the river.)

I don't think I've called anyone any names one time during this stretch. Perhaps I should, just to change the karma a bit. LOL.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you would report me?!?! very slantyish of you sir ;)

side note: i get my chat back on pokerstars today!!! after my month long ban. yess:D

Yep. I don't always play with chat turned on but when I do I report any reg I see berating fish. Now if it's 2 bad players I just lol and move along.

What was your chat banned for?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep. I don't always play with chat turned on but when I do I report any reg I see berating fish. Now if it's 2 bad players I just lol and move along.

What was your chat banned for?

Attachments

• most interesting cardschat.jpg
    most interesting cardschat.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 36
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol

I actually had that in mind when I read it back.