Ever get AA and KK in BB and everyone fold out to you?

Got AA or KK everyone folds to you in the BB - ever happened?

• YES

Votes: 92 96.8%
  • NO

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
samersv

samersv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it happens to me quite often...the usual working moment in hold'em poker.
GL!!!

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Happens to me often. even if I make only small raise.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A very common occurrence, but to be honest I don't mind too much, because I have taken the blinds and antes without having to play a hand, sometime's even a minimum raise is enough to take them, sure it is annoying if you think you could have made more from a hand like A/A or K/K, but if played slowly you are always at risk of falling in love with your hand, and losing a lot when they get cracked by a 4/7 hitting a straight, that is another common occurrence.
Raising pre-flop has two advantages, firstly being able to take the blinds without a fight, and also getting the BB to fold hands they would not normally play, imagine the BB holding 7/2 off and you limp, he checks, then the flop comes 7,7,7, there is no way he is folding, no matter how much you bet, and a flop of any trips gives you a full house so are you folding A/A ?
Be grateful for small victories, even if you could have won bigger pots, you could also lose a bigger pot!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say. It happens more than not. Just part of the game

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This happened many times with me. It's life.

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Much more often then I want.

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only all the time haha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
million times, annoying when it happens in a long hours card dead period or near to FTs, but thats how it is. Still better than play 4-5 handed with AA or KK, as usually those are the sure relegation situations....

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Yes, too boring.I wanted to raise my own hand.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not me. Never had all hands fold to my AA or KK. I will tell you that I have had my butt whooped more times than I care to remember when I started out with AA or KK and somebody else wins with a crazy low hand that they hooked on.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, usually when I'm running out of chips and desperately need to double up!

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
once you've started to play poker regularly, something like that will happen more often. For me this is not a problem because I then immediately remember how many times I ended up in garbage cans with AA and then ended up being kicked out of the tournament. This is also something that everyone who regularly plays poker will experience from time to time.

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very often. It seems to me that when I have AA or KK, everyone else is given garbage. And if someone goes into the game with this garbage, he definitely bypasses me

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup many times and that is okay - you play poker enough and chances are sometimes you'll pick up a premium hand and everyone folds. I'm usually just glad I didn't get outdrawn :D

J

Justashot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I do get AA or KK, which is a rare thing in of itself, most of the time I will get folded into as the big blind. Hate it when that happens, but I've learn to deal with it.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, yes, yes and yes.
And not once, over and over again.
And that makes a lot of anger, but it's part of it.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am actually very surprised to see there are two votes for “no” (at the time of wroting). Wish I had your luck. This is my new definition of luck in poker: when you have AA in the BB and you get a 3-bet, 4-bet or even allin so you just have to click call and make a smug face.

Not only does everyone at the table naturally fold to me every time I have AA or KK in the BB, as if they knew I had it. But more annoyingly every time I had KK in the BB, I ran into AA from the SB several times and from someone else the rest. KK are my Kryptonite. I will all-in them preflop anyway, until the end of my days or until I get to wsop and I might think twice if it was early stages.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, it happens to me as well. Nothing unusual about it. Wish I had gotten a couple of players to see the flop - but then, getting my AA cracked as not fun.
On the other end of the spectrum, having 72 offsuit win uncontested in the big blind is a bonus!! I seldom show my hands, but this one gets flipped over instantly.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens all the time.
A win is a win.
I want to maximize all of the profit I can from each hand that I win and in that case I did.

I'm happy for the win and let's deal another hand and see what happens.

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it happened, and mostly at the most inopportune moment - when you have few chips left and you want to climb

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too many times to count especially when I typically play on small tables it’s painful though.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That's where the luck factor reveals itself the most, luck in poker is more of when the cards come then if they come. The cards in poker do and will eventually come but the real unpredictable part is in what situation will they occur, this is often magnified in tournaments.

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have also had 2 7 offsuit and had the same. So, it can even out.

It is even worse when Q3 offsuit goes all in and hits trip 3's

Just take what you get.

Folding in Poker