Ever get AA and KK in BB and everyone fold out to you?

Got AA or KK everyone folds to you in the BB - ever happened?

• YES

Votes: 92 96.8%
  • NO

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just if you have aces, then the probability that someone has an ace with something is quite small, but after all, an ace with something or some pair is often opened, and if you have aces, then the probability that someone has an ace or a pair is often small, so everyone throws off their cards )

GDubs13

GDubs13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh you got GOT!!!

Yes it's one of the reasons why I try to slow play it and try to catch somebody by surprise but them at times somebody cracks them lol. Gotta love poker anybody can get GOT

Ha I had to quote this one, it's too good! Anybody can get GOT!!!😁🤔 However, for me this literally never happens. Everytime I get AA or KK while sitting in big blind someone always pushes all in at which point I just call and take their stack with a giant smile on my face!!!

(Btw I am so full of bologna. Of course everyone folds in that scenario for me frequently and then I get all sad... Also the next time around I'll be sitting at BB with a 7 2 and THEN someone pushes all in! Lol!):rolleyes:

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Happened to me last night in Sb freeroll!

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course! It even happened a couple of times in one tournament. This happened when a short stack, when nothing came for a long time, different conditions were. Sometimes it seems that everyone suddenly saw your cards.

S

semi1406

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happens ,as it can happen with any hand

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's happened to me, with such a good hand and they all back off like soothsayers, and I always get annoyed that they seem to have seen it coming.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ever get AA and KK, or a exceptional 75% or better hand, in the Big Blind?

Then ... everyone folds out to you and you collect hardly nothing but 10 in chips.

Yes or No?

:rolleyes:
After 100,000 real money hands in the past year and a similar number in home-games and freerolls, there are few combinations of hands, positions, stacks, pre-flop-action, etc. which are genuinely new.

Whilst I know it can be disappointing, with poker you need to not get too excited by a AA and KK. taking the blinds is still a win...and I'd rather THAT, than be up against 8 other shove-any-two-cards type villains, even with AA, and especially with KK.

I'm just as happy when people fold as when they call. Small win, no risk....Big win, bigger risks.

Doubling up is great...but I also like to focus on value. Some games you can shove AA and expect to get called...in others, a three-bet is like a bowling pin knowcking everyone out of the hand. I find it easier to generate value from straights and flushes than AA/KK -- certainly my stats arent that favourable towards AA and JJ...but QQ and KK are still money spinners. But that is probably because I tend to see a flop with KK and bail if an A hits.

When you start playing more volume and have multiple games on the go...it is even easier to be happy with a walk. No time to worry about what coulda-woulda-shoulda. Muck 'em and move on.

If you LIKE getting walked...I reccommend you show those hands to remind people what they avoided. But if you like the steal attempts because you like the nitty gritty fighting, just muck 'em and move on.

cheers,
ObbleeXY

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, this happens often to me. Mostly when I’m in the need of chips.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, this is very revolting. It also happens that everyone runs away from your raise. It also happened that I got up from the table to solve something here at home and when I came back the AA was there and my turn had already passed....

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it happens most of the time specially with AA.
And there is good reasoning behind that. In a deck of cards we have four aces and you are holding two of them. If other two are in the deck then how can you expect someone to enter the pot?

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Then ... everyone folds out to you and you collect hardly nothing but 10 in chips.

Yes or No?

People like a lot to play ace or king hands, so if you got 2 of 4, less aces or kings in the game to people have and come to the table.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA on BB

Happend to me almost always. Feels quit bad but sometimes some naughty guys try to steal your BB with rubbish then i think it's a good thing to have pocket A or K on the BB.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it was. But it doesn't matter. It's much worse when you have AA or KK on BB and when you exhibit, you lose to hands worse like J8

M

Milan Godhania

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In big buy in tournaments, yes. In freerolls, it's a joke.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, it has happened in a critical situation, just to keep the situation critical!:angel:

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes or No?

It happened many times. It's bad when such hands do not melt :jd4::):jd4:

J

JonasUMP

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
countless times? its better than loosing all your chips vs SB push though haha

W

whyfold that

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes but its ok least you did not get beat on river

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
of course , how has not ....it very sad , it happend to especially in bounty builders in high stage of tourney , again sooo sad :)

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rarely, but it was like that. It's a shame)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes , and it's very sad , either on tourneys or on cash games . But late deep in a tourney is really very sad . I like when rarelly I get AA twice in a row , that't on the other hand is cool

tenk27

tenk27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times 😀The road is a phenomenon

KKillerss

KKillerss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the time. And it doesnt matter if its in the blind or out, always disappointing. Even worst when you shove KK and meet an AA. That seems to never happen the other way around... they do... but we tend to forget faster!

Folding in Poker