English language a problem?

Andres Malaver

Andres Malaver

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it a problem for you when you play poker poor knowledge of the English language a problem?

that is not a problem, the problem is when the orthers regions feel discriminated, also when people do not speak English, In my case I understand English 40%, sometimes use the traductor :) :) :) :)

F0STER20

F0STER20

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And not only in poker poor knowledge of the language is a problem

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No way. Maybe this is a problem when playing poker live.

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a problem .. but when somebody types wp or gj you might take it as insult without realising they are saying well played /good job /etc .. happened to me when had no knowledge of shortcuts in poker.. and than ventilated bad attitude.. It does not matter you can always switch language to different one :]

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it a problem for you when you play poker poor knowledge of the English language a problem?
Hey. for I have a problem with a very poor command of English. sometimes hunt to talk, but can not. I wonder sometimes what others write.:(

Stefanell75

Stefanell75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is high time to poker stars to invest all languages translator to enable all people to communicate regardless of which country they are! Or have at least interpreter as shtraknem him to translate all the words!
I will be happy if this happens as soon!

Stefanell75

Stefanell75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stefinelly

Hey. for I have a problem with a very poor command of English. sometimes hunt to talk, but can not. I wonder sometimes what others write.:(
Because everyone speaks his own language and for that!

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is high time to Poker Stars to invest all languages translator to enable all people to communicate regardless of which country they are! Or have at least interpreter as shtraknem him to translate all the words!

I support your idea. it would be just great. but it is unlikely they will do so

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Vooo.... Exactly ... I Agree.
Sometimes I wonder what other people write!!! Can they help each other, and you don't understand!!

I think it is high time to Poker Stars to invest all languages translator to enable all people to communicate regardless of which country they are! Or have at least interpreter as shtraknem him to translate all the words!
Yes, it would be not bad to get everything transferred.

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was taught English in kindergarten, school and university. It is not a problem for me to understand an english speech. But sometimes it is difficult for me to tell what I want to say because I don't know many of words.

Last edited:
R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use on a regular basis translator Google. Translation him bad, but an alternative is not found. Sometimes the meaning of the sentence is not very clear.

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use on a regular basis translator Google. Translation him bad, but an alternative is not found. Sometimes the meaning of the sentence is not very clear.

for communication, I also use a translator in your browser. But recently it has become to fail. It is not possible to translate properly. Gives old translations:mad::deal::banghead::secruity:

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I suppose when it comes to learning off others like in a league scenario then it would become difficult.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't need s great knowledge to play. All you need to know is the value of the chips.

Dunc8b

Dunc8b

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spanish is my native language so sometimes it's a problem when I wanna learn some poker terms but out of that I don't think it's a big problem because you don't have to talk in the table when you're playing!
I'm English and i am struggling to understand some of the poker terms I don't see often.

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you sit down at a table and tell the dealer you may need them to be a little patient with you because you translate slowly; they are usually very helpful and it can make a big difference in your experience.

maikl2602KML

maikl2602KML

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
English for me so I use the translator.

D

dapari

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not a problem in English

Is no problem since the game, practice has nothing to do with the theory. English knowledge is very beneficial and although I was not presented with any inconvenience with the low level of English I have I would say that could present some problem if we do not dominate a basic church at least .. porcierto if someone knows Spanish and I could To help a little with my English, I would really appreciate it.

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that the question is another ... anything you do, you need to know English, not only in poker, other online games, mmorpg, etc ... everything depends on English nowadays ...

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the problem with using translators is that you would need to be fluent in your own language first and be able to spell every word correctly or else it won't translate properly

Dunc8b

Dunc8b

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the problem with using translators is that you would need to be fluent in your own language first and be able to spell every word correctly or else it won't translate properly
I thank the Internet pixies that my browser has a spell-checker extension so my hopelessness with spelling is mostly corrected before it's published.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For many non-English speakers it is a problem here in the forum,but some of those non-English speakers suddenly become very fluent in English language when they feel the need to disrespect other members in Cardschat tournaments.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
English should not be a problem, I get upset when some players use another language even if is Spanish, because it could be used to fix or share information about poker hands. :deal:

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I write sites. My eng is some bad for talks, but i can easy translate technical documentations in eng and sometimes see films in eng, plus this forum. Its all help me to learn eng some god, then now -)