English language a problem?

Dunc8b

Dunc8b

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For many non-English speakers it is a problem here in the forum,but some of those non-English speakers suddenly become very fluent in English language when they feel the need to disrespect other members in Cardschat tournaments.
Interesting observation. I must watch out for this.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I at a table in the main do not talk. I do not know much English. But I can understand what the players wrote. If there is a need to answer the use translator.

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fortunately i speak english.but in pokersites i dont think it could be a problem

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And here is for the forum not knowing the language is a big problem...
Translator much translate very crooked...

Dunc8b

Dunc8b

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And here is for the forum not knowing the language is a big problem...
Translator much translate very crooked...
I hadn't thought of this before but being able to read another language is not the same as being able to speak another language.

I can manage a conversation in French and German (taught at school) but
would struggle to read a French or german website. I would have to use Google translate.

I now have extra respect for those who's first language is not English who are trying to read this site.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Than, all who dont know a little english, best time to start learning it! English can be used not only here but in business communication also. Every language you know make you better and smarter ;)

bizarez

bizarez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Along with Google translator, exist some other, for example , Abbyy Prompt - a very high-quality translator - self educational, with specialized thematic dictionaries. It's may help us - poor english speakers :lol:

S

Sourtubbie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watched a player I suspected of being a multi bragging about the accounts he had closed and how simple it was to have 5 accounts in a tourney in the chat box.
So I copy and pasted and off it went to support,sure that account will be done with,must have presumed that people would not go through the effort or translating.

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hadn't thought of this before but being able to read another language is not the same as being able to speak another language.

I can manage a conversation in French and German (taught at school) but
would struggle to read a French or german website. I would have to use Google translate.

I now have extra respect for those who's first language is not English who are trying to read this site.

Yes read more difficult, it is a fact.

Than, all who dont know a little english, best time to start learning it! English can be used not only here but in business communication also. Every language you know make you better and smarter ;)
It is easy to say to start studying... At school we had to study
)))) And now lazy is all))

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they just want a universal language on the sites for collusion. might be wrong

whewhew

whewhew

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no problems with English, but they appear when some players write other languages.

everth

everth

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At first I had difficulties, but like everything in life, with expanse we learn.

D

Dedulia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no is not possible to play do not know the language

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I know.I can talk on english but my eng is so bad)

Mine too , But with the help of translator and by participating in forums where English is spoken or reading English articles I try to learn new words or fix my grammar mistakes:) I think you do the same :)

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dunno for other rooms but for example pokerstars can give to you a ban if you talk in chat other languages than English. Of course if the other players constantly report you to them

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, of course.Translator is good but distracting. Not convenient when the soft rooms in English and does not support other languages.Even cardschat, I do not speak English I'm not comfortable,even with a translator.

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
np guys,
read of literature, training your brain :)

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
if you chatting while you playing poker or if you participate in poker forum it might be difficult to understand the whole conversation and you can miss some information when your english is poor like mine ,translators and other tools help a lot

Last edited:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
but it creates some problems !!! but the Google translator helps)))

P

parakon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think yes. But it is not good answer for you.

I think you ask these question, you may think if I have a knowledge enough to understand English and might be skill up.

I told about it. "Why did you think by the reason of not being able to earn dollars? If your English doesn't improve readily. That's means your poker skill is never level up.
Do you think so seriously? You are as wrong as wrong can be."

Probably, while playing online poker, you don't use English that much.
(That's means to rack your brains what does English words means?)
Because you strike keyboard and click mouse only.:)

If basic action is written by English,did you confuse about it?
(That surely is a difficult problem to judge for first. What's bet and all in?)
I think that you can understand the minimum thing by learning a rule.
In the strict sense these words are English. But is it a problem for you?

You may think "Useful information is provided by English"or"I have a behind for other players by not know English.
I was said clearly "English does not have the superiority in playing poker.A technique and the language are another thing."

This is a problem we've got to face. Because only English is usable here.
What comment for you cannot understand is a waste.
Here is a lot of splendid answers.

I am thinking the same thing that you are.I hope this comment can be of some help to you.
I do not have English so much, too. It is full of mistakes.
It becomes long, and I'm sorry.:)

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes there are difficulties, there is not always time during the game to use a translator. in addition, many shorten worlds (I dont mean nh, ty...) and use slang.

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For those who regularly communicate with native speakers is not a problem.All the others can simply take training.
In general, I think during the game talking only distracts from the important game moments.

H

heix24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why do you need to speak fluent english to play poker, cards are same in all languages, I think... you dont need to read english, you do need to read people 👍

G

Gabriel Pinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think it's that important, the difficulty of English is only bad when it comes to talking and interacting with your opponents, because you'll need to use the translator often.