Emotions and Poker

D

DerlyGR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much does our emotions affect our game? Being angry, sad or worried about situations outside of poker.

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much does our emotions affect our game? Being angry, sad or worried about situations outside of poker.

Emotions always influence our game. You have to control them.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
emotions

Playing many games you will eventually learn to not get emotional. So keep playing and learn from your emotional mistakes.

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning it affects and the more we play and the more we learn from our mistakes, the less emotions are present and therefore they affect less and less… but, unfortunately, not always. :D

PC91

PC91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to bear my losses like a man, as much as I bear my gains like a man. In the end, it's money you invest. This is a choice you have made, so you will also have to deal with the possible concequences. If you can't do this, poker is not for you.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I tend to make bad calls after someone does something that ticks me off. I just need to be aware and avoid making marginal calls.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely play a lot worse when I'm not feeling good, which is pretty much every day at the moment which is why I tend to only play freerolls. Can be affected by what happens at the table as well, if I'm playing a few games and get taken out of one the others usually follow pretty soon after.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is always a place for emotions in my game, I am inherently an emotional person, but I try to control myself, as it affects my game very badly

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often make a lot of mistakes because I can't control my emotion. It really affects my result. Recently, I'm learning how to meditate, I hope it will help me control myself better.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They influence a lot, also being happy, well at least it happens to me that I play without so much seriousness when I am happy, you must be concentrated at the table with the only thought of playing and having a good time, not getting carried away by feelings outside the game or those who develop in the game, it is very important to have that peace and mental concentration:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Hello.
Probably, everything depends on what emotions we are talking about. Positive emotions have a good effect, negative emotions have a bad effect. But in general, you need to make decisions without emotions, using only your own experience and skills.

G

gwooof

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You really need to control your temper or you can lose all your chips really quick try not get in tilt mood never works out get for you try to stay calm and play your game

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If poker didn't give me emotions, I wouldn't play! I go through many and different emotions during a game .. absolutely wonderful this game @!

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot, if you don't know how to control yourself. As in the life here in the poker game is the same - you must take decisions with your mind not with your emotions. It is always disastrous when you get decisions emotionally.

kirkham69er

kirkham69er

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is key for and something i definitely need to work on! Ive always gave myself a breather when winning a large pot, bad beat or simply losing a pot and most of my stack, purely to refocus and regain composure

kirkham69er

kirkham69er

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to make bad calls after someone does something that ticks me off. I just need to be aware and avoid making marginal calls.

Same, this is a matter of taking a step back and refocusing the mind on the task in hand, i try to laugh these instances off and move on as quick as poss

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any emotions, both negative and positive, affect our game. In any case, I read it in books. All the time I try to be in a good psychological state, and I hope that I have recently achieved success in this.

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When emotions are sad, aggressive, then I do not sit down to play poker, because I will think about the bad and of course I will lose, and when the mood is good, cheerful, then even if I lose, I am not very upset. Therefore, I believe that emotions greatly influence our game.

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anger, sadness and even fun have a huge impact on the game of poker. You shouldn't sit down at a table with such critical values. First, it is better to throw off the degree of emotions.
When you sit down at a table angry, you think you can calm down or punish everyone at the table.
When you sit down at the table in a fun way, you think that you can play in a wider range and you will be lucky. But in both of these situations, poker will not help you, but will only increase your emotional state, unfortunately, it will often worsen.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Emotions

I think you should absolutely avoid emotions when playing, it could influence it into a negative direction.
This causes tilt. There are different types of tilts that, if you are an emotional player you should notice e.g entitlement tilt, running bad tilt etc. You should know that there is variance in poker, that’s why you cannot always win.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to be mad at bad beats,now i'm angry at the players at the table who annoy me with their style of play and disrespect for others.Poker without emotions positive or negative, this is not poker

L

livyst123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It affects me hard but whenever I play a Hand I figured I could vent out those feelings by walking around or exercising between hands. If I fold I get up and walk or exercise till I hear the Dingy sound. Keeps me sane

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing poker you have to have a clear head to make the proper decisions. Anything that could cloud your judgement eventually affects your game.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The emotions that affect them most dominate us, not just in poker but in all things in our lives. Life is a decision game, poker is a decision game. We must never make a decision in the presence of emotion.