Emotional balance in the game is a determining factor!?

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Indeed, having emotional balance is crucial when it comes to handling losses and gains in poker... Being able to manage your emotions can help you make better decisions and improve your overall gameplay ;)

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think emotional balance in poker is the basis for a successful game. And of course you need a little bit of luck.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
We must be aware that not all hands are won and not let ourselves be carried away by greed. The most important thing is to know how to lose, it's the first thing we should learn about poker.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If it's important to control emissions... to play a tournament... if you get annoyed by a hand it can make you make a lot of mistakes in the future, the best thing is to stay calm, have the bad drink and keep going...

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is one of the most important things to control (emotions)

muzenza2012

muzenza2012

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it certainly is a relevant factor, even more so if the game involves real money, as it ends up having even more pressure, especially if there is a need to win the prize due to financial factors. But there are many reasons that lead a person to be psychologically affected, such as health problems, depression, debts, sentimental problems and so on. And following this same line of reasoning, if all this is in order, the player will certainly have peace of mind in his decisions to be able to choose the best measure to be adopted.

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
I'm a new player and I'm having a hard time controlling my emotions so far. I feel constant tension and naturally make mistakes because of it. I seem to be playing well, but so far I'm having a hard time controlling myself after some bad hands.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
balance of emotions is good, but if you're too hot a poker player, I suggest you cool down a little and drink something stronger or eat some delicious food to calm down your emotions a little, or a couple of push-ups will help you

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
no , but your calm it would help you making / taking the corect decisions at the right time in the game

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it is very important to have emotional balance

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Emotional balance is a requirement for poker. We are all human and have emotions, but how we can deal with and move past the emotions will impact our success. It is important to develop strategies to help deal with "tilt" (both negative and positive). Some of these strategies include meditation, breathing, and positive self-talk. The book "The Mental Game of Poker" by Jared Tendler is a great resource.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mentality is everything in all sports. You must have a balanced mentality in order to achieve your goals. But it's very difficult to achieve that balance.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
It definitely is, I don't think you can develop a good game if you have your mind occupied with other thoughts, but it is also true that those who have been in this mental sport for a long time already automatically know the movements to follow, it comes naturally to them

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Emotions play the most important thing in poker. That's the reason why I played it

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
But there are many reasons that lead a person to be psychologically affected, such as health problems, depression, debts, sentimental problems and so on.

If the person is presenting any of the problems you mentioned above, he shouldn't even start a poker session, his emotional will be very shaken, as a result of that, he will tear money.

In poker it is necessary, patience (Here comes the emotional), technique and a little bit of luck.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother
I do believe that the emotional part is very important, but I truly believe that this can be improved for the better both in poker and in life itself.
I tell you at least my experience.
When I started playing poker I was really temperamental. Anything against it took me out of context and I reacted badly, like the famous tilts, or being at a table playing and going after a player who beat me, and many other reasons.
As it was in life, it was playing poker.
When my life changed for the better, in terms of the spiritual level of my life, my poker game also changed.
Today I could really tell you that playing I am colder than an iceberg.
The decisions I make are well thought out while giving me time to play the table, they may or may not be correct. If they are not, then I review plays where I made the mistake to try not to make it the next time.
I mean, thanks to God and no one else, I was able to achieve a balance in my life and I try to transfer that logically to the game.
A big hug brother and good posting:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me yes. I think the psychological part of poker has the same importance than poker skills. I had read stories of excelent poker players that won several poker tournaments, but lost all their money on sports bets for example.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the balance of your emotions determines how you face your losses and gains, and makes you "owner of the pot" ?
Yes emotions control is one of the most important skills imo. It's tough to learn but I try :LOL:

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I completely agree and it also helps you in the game, balance and control of emotions is a great advantage because during the game many do not have that control capacity and that is an advantage for those who are 100% focused

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For sure is. And I believe that it is one of the most important because with balance it is where we manage to make the best moves for each hand

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
keeping you emotion in check i vital to a winning poker player. Players who don't are much more likely to tile and just lose the chips and money, To many times I have seen players take a bad bead and then lose control trying to get even with the player they lost to and just giving them more chips. I am not happy when this happens to me, but I have gotten to the point I just laugh and go on to the next hand.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, emotional balance is an emotional factor in everything you do in life, in relation to the game of poker, when I started playing I made bad moves because of the adrenaline that I felt in the beginning to win a pot mainly in cash games , but over time I studied and acquired knowledge and today my decisions are almost automatic and I sometimes know what to do and studying you will be profitable and the emotional side will not affect your game at all.
He lost in one MTT, he registers in another, now what a poker player should not do playing outside the bankroll limit, the guy has $1,100 in his bankroll and he is going to play an MTT of $1,050, of course he will not have the balance to take the best decisions because he is very concerned about not losing.

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, yes friend, I suffer a lot with this problem of mine, I am learning to deal with it, but it is being very difficult.

Top 10 Games