Emotion in Poker

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
angry is not the word, but, it will pass.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker does not sadden me because I have a phase that does not play very well and another phase that everything fits right, so I'm dependent on luck despite having a lot of skill to play.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always try to control my emotions.
If I am very emotional, I take a break for several hours or even for several days. In my opinion, it is not possible to combine emotions and a successful game.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Emotional tilt. Story of my life. I really have been studying ( this is a huge leak for me) I even get angry when a known agressive fish lands on my table. Instead I should be glad, as it helps me to learn to manuever around them. Getting our emotions in check, helps us improve our game.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Emotions in poker must be controled-negative have be forgotten as soon as possible.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you do not control your emotions well you will simply fail in your game and you will not be able to achieve much

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Not really the anger go fast cause I know that bad beats happened but if I played with big buy-in I would probably not be the same

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more I lose, the longer I remember)))

J

JeremyDCowan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to let my emotions get the best of me. It's EXTREMELY hard to do when you seem to have cooler hands back to back to back though...sometimes, you just have to grin and bear it.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the emotions in my mind impede poker, you have to be like a machine and not let anything interfere with you

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you ever want to forget losing especially the why of how you lost the hand. With that information you can learn about what not do moving forward. If you never took notice of how you lost it would be impossible to ever develop a winning strategy.

I

Ildar Nagim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Exit the game on time, stop in time to make a profit - the main talent of the player.
If you do not know how to stop, then you curse yourself.

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you often lose , are you trying to forget or are you still angry?:rolleyes:

I always try to exclude emotions
But there are many experienced players in poker
Many of them will always try to provoke you
If they succeed, your chances of success are zero
If you have strong character and patience player turns off emotions
This is one of the keys to success

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Sometimes emotions prevent me from effectively using good situations. In such cases, I stop playing and begin to meditate. It always helps me. Only 10-15 minutes of intense meditation and I control my emotions.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always try to exclude emotions
But there are many experienced players in poker
Many of them will always try to provoke you
If they succeed, your chances of success are zero
If you have strong character and patience player turns off emotions
This is one of the keys to success
thank you for your valuable advice, indeed there are players who provoke and I should not go to war against a player I must ignore it :):)

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I realized that I lost a lot when I was angry with a particular opponent, so since I identified this I can control better.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you often lose , are you trying to forget or are you still angry?:rolleyes:

It's best to keep your emotions in check. It's very easy to go on tilt and lose the game entirely. I think every poker has done it at least once.

I have finally learnt to control my emotions and have realized i can win as much as i lose. Keeping my emotions in check helps me win when i'm losing.

2Rockets2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad

If you are easily frustrated just quit until you can move past it if you are frustrated it will definitely affect your decision making process

G

gerrrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually get angry and end up losing even more. Hahaha

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't tend to let the game bother me much. Not worth the aggravation mentally and impacts your game. I did have a 2 week stretch recently where I was getting beat by str8 draws more frequently than should happen. I was flipping off the screen and becoming very frustrated. Backed off and just played a nightly freeroll or two and gave myself a break from the grind. Made all the difference in my mental approach to the game.

N

neymar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even is a virtual game have it emotion

G

gerrrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is that when you lose a lot, the best thing is to pause and distract your head with something else because you are more likely to end up losing more if you do not have a very good control over your emotions.

A

aces4allin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to seperate both good players dont show emotions

K

kobas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what tournament, for example, recently entered prizes and took 168 dollars and flew out. On the one hand, it was a shame that I could do more, but on the other - I went to the tournament for free))

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

when I lose serious hand that strongly affect my game.
I try as quickly as possible to forget these attacks and focus on the game consoling himself with the fact that now will my card and I'll win the big jackpot.