Emotion in Poker

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you often lose , are you trying to forget or are you still angry?:rolleyes:

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It usually doesn't bother me until I seem to be running reeeaallly bad, for a stretch, that I find myself getting very frustrated, and not playing very well. That's when it is time to take a break, because when it isn't enjoyable and you aren't playing your best its not worth playing.

A

ashley8276

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
emotion in poker

when I play live and win a big pot I get real happy sometimes and just say yes yes

it gets the other players very frustrated at me.

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take all the emotion out of the game if you want to be successful. Key is to not get upset if you get a bad beat. Just keep playing your game and forget about it.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Losing is part of poker. It is important to understand why you lost. If you played correctly and are not to blame for the loss, then there is no reason to be upset or angry. Next time you win.

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On how much I lose is related to me getting angry.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you often lose , are you trying to forget or are you still angry?:rolleyes:

Personally, If I understand why I lost I am not bothered at all. As a matter of fact I am positive and upbeat about the whole situation. Giving the respect to the player that either, made the draw they were looking for or out played me in the hand. Either way, I will tap the table and say Nice hand (if live), or say NH (online).

If I get beat and the hand doesn't make sense, I usually want a reasoning as to why they made the call, or did whatever they did that didn't make sense. It is never to tell the player they are bad, made a bad play or berate them in any way. I just want to learn. Players that are struggling in their poker journey tend to blame other factors on why they lost the hand, where as I embrace what happened and now, want to understand the situation and learn from it.

So even after suffering an extremely bad beat, I will spend my emotion and effort figuring out what I could have done differently to not have that happen. If the answer is nothing, then I am happy I played the hand as perfectly as I could.

BHowell44

BHowell44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It takes me longer than it should to cool off and it affects my play negatively. Something I am consistently battling and learning how to deal with.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I lose in a good tournament where I could normally raise my bankroll, then I may be angry for a couple of days, and if tournaments are cheap or freerolls, then I'm not angry and quickly forget about losing and continue to play!

I

ilucha228

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I lose, I try to find my mistakes and fix them. This is a kind of motivation for me. I do not feel negative emotions about this.

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I started to play poker and I lost, I was very worried. But now I know that emotions lead to even more tilt.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, I'm a little used to, even when I lose in any tournament. But sometimes it happens when you depart from the late stage of the tournament, having the best cards and the minimum chances of an opponent, then I become very angry and aggressive. But in general, I control my emotions, because poker is a game that does not forgive mistakes.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
When I lose a lot, I just take a break from 5 minutes to 1 hour, and do something other than poker, it really helps me.

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't get away from emotion in poker. It bothers people differently and at different points.

If negative emotions step away till calmed down

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, it's hard for me to lose my temper in case it's bad beats. That makes me very angry. But if I know that I played badly and lost, it happens much faster. regards

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing and then playing bad needs to be avoided. Feeling it when I lose will happen, I am not a robot.

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if u are new at poker...or not.....u will se u will lose at poker,that is going to happend no matter what,soo is best to get over it,fast..:))

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally don't get too angry playing freerolls or low stakes online. I expect to lose quite a few hands that would be winning in a higher stakes game or live...players play differently live because of the embarrassment factor...make a stupid play and whether you win or lose that hand, the other players are going to roll their eyes and mutter to themselves... also, if I am playing live, that means that I am on vacation, so I am usually more relaxed and mellow.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Emotions in poker, if they are not positive you shouldn't be playing. If you are getting in good, and have made the correct call, you should consider that a win regardless of the result.

Some one mentioned taking emotions out of the game. When you're new to the game that sounds silly. After a year, if you haven't developed that mindset, to need too. Other wise you are really just wasting time and energy needlessly.

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless it happens in a short span of time , and at multiple tables I am ok , but when it does that tilts me for days , its one of the thinks I have to work on but ....
Ii might never overcome I say this is one of my downfalls.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
As much experience is gathered the easiest you get out of these emotions. Generally I try not to let emotions ruin my game!

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each time react differently to frequent losses, but now it is easier to endure this feeling. Literally just finished the game , in total 7 days in the Treasury of the 888 poker moved 270 dollars. However the money I was winning, too, so loss is not so emotionally heavy?))

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I'm angry but it passes quite quick :p; who says isn't angry he's lieing.:bebored:

yasz69

yasz69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to forget or you will die

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the bad that I took, the will to break the pc, but I'm still calm and I keep playing hahahaha