Durrrr is getting whomped.

C

chipshuffler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been watching Durrrrrrrr for a while now. His swings are always huge but ive never seen anything like this. I would say he will get most of his money back off this guy but still, that is a huge achievement from the other guy.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and they are back playing HU again durrr/Isildur!

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like Patrick Antonious did fairly well against him yesterday but looks like Durrrr is getting owned again. That's surprising - you would figure that Durrrr would have been going over some hand analysis when he took some time off to get a better understanding of this guy's playing style - but it seems as if he still has his number.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Antonius/Isildur was about even from what I have read, Isildur ended up betwen 600 - 700k in the latest session vs Tom. He also scooped 200k from both Cole South and Brian Townsend.

This kid might actually be a real high stakes competitor now and not just some dude running like god.

Phil Galfond writes a nice blog post about it here

http://www.bluefirepoker.com/blog.aspx?blogid=25

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has been hugely fascinating to me. It seems to me Isildur1 has successfully implemented a style that has put Dwan in a (comparatively) passive mode, which in itself is notable.

Maybe some of the smarter poker minds here can suss it out, but it seems to me Isildur1 progressively overbets his hands to the river making the razors edge even thinner for them both to walk. Durrrr then feels he has to protect himself by giving up more than he naturally would and end ends up losing the small battles while only winning some big pots. And the "small' battles are actually even bigger because of the betsizing.

In fact he is playing sort of the way I do when I am losing to a better player.

Bottom line: Isildur1 has forced Dwan onto his "b" game.

Wow.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How long do you think Isildur1 has been studying these guys games (especially durrrr). It must be hard for them as he is just some new guy that they have very little info about but he could have been watching them play for the last year and know their games inside out before even playing a hand...

Also, do you think Isildur has accepted the durrrr challenge?

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has been hugely fascinating to me. It seems to me Isildur1 has successfully implemented a style that has put Dwan in a (comparatively) passive mode, which in itself is notable.

Maybe some of the smarter poker minds here can suss it out, but it seems to me Isildur1 progressively overbets his hands to the river making the razors edge even thinner for them both to walk. Durrrr then feels he has to protect himself by giving up more than he naturally would and end ends up losing the small battles while only winning some big pots. And the "small' battles are actually even bigger because of the betsizing.

In fact he is playing sort of the way I do when I am losing to a better player.

Bottom line: Isildur1 has forced Dwan onto his "b" game.

Wow.

Yeah. Basically Isildur has won a ton of the non-showdown hands. He has overbet the river A LOT in particular. As soon as they've got deeper stacked, durrrr has done better (see his ridiculous comeback where he was ~1.3m up in one session, although he was running pretty good), because Isil hasn't been able to use the power of his stack as well as he was.

smallteene

smallteene

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He just keeps getting owned over and over again in NLHE. =) I saw them play last night and Isildur1 was sitting with over a million again.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive been watching durrrr and isildur1 the past 3 nights...very enjoyable to watch..i also watched isildur1 vs brian townsend for awhile too

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well Durrr is now a FT pro, I don't think he will pay rake anymore

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this will NOT last long isil has too many RULES he declines playing ivey 1 table and wants 6,because he only good with 4-6 tables on 1 opponent ..
also when he in omaha hi he refused to play galfond and said he heard he's good and will only play him in nlhe later,he cant make his own rules,his games wont last for long maybe only with durrrr(who will take over 8mill back in a week or 2)
or zigi or antonious and will break even or just loose a bit,so he's era came and will now go...

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So now Dwan is sleeping up for filming HSP.

Are the live pros gonna use this to try to tilt him?
Will he bring his best game?
What if he looses there?

When he comes back do you think the battle is back on till someone gets wrecked?

benevg

benevg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this will NOT last long isil has too many RULES ...he cant make his own rules...
what do you mean, that someone can force him to play games he doesn't want to? :deal: ... right. ;)

seriously, he plays if his conditions are right, and not otherwise, if people stop playing him entirely, maybe he can bend his requirements, but until then there isn't really a point.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So now Dwan is sleeping up for filming HSP.

Are the live pros gonna use this to try to tilt him?
Will he bring his best game?
What if he looses there?

When he comes back do you think the battle is back on till someone gets wrecked?

A slip of the tongue, or finger on the keyboard as it were, by durrrr seemed to suggest that he made a fair amount on HSP

Isildur1: how did it go ?
durrrr: could be longer
durrrr: won 500
durrrr: online earlier
Isildur1: well done
durrrr: vs ilari
durrrr: err 450

Pretty sure they were talking about HSP then durrrr realised he isn't meant to divulge information till it's broadcast.

Oh and this is from Galfond's latest blog:

From my experience with lsildur, my impression was that he was a very good pro, but not unbeatable. His style was different than many of the opponents I've played, but adjusting to new game dynamics has always been one of my strongest skills as a poker player. I was very happy to be getting new high stakes action, but certainly didn't consider him a fish.

Hope OMG takes him on lol

Last edited:
O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The high stakes Swedish poker player Jonas Danielsson said this about isildur1:

'Ungefär efter jag sett Isildur spela en timma så misstänkte jag hur ruggig han var och efter att ha sett tre dagars lir så är det bekräftat. Spelbolagen kommer få slåss, nej de kommer starta krig för att få hans signatur (förutsatt att han skulle vilja stiga fram i ljuset). Oavsett så kommer han bli hur stor som helst. Större än någon annan tidigare (inom poker)'

In English (free translation):

'Took me barely 1 hr railing to see how potentialy good he actually was, and the last 3 days of play has confirmed my suspicion.
The poker sites are going to have to fight, no, start war to sign him, (provided he goes public with his identity). No matter what, he will become unbeliviably big. Greater than anyone before him'

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A slip of the tongue, or finger on the keyboard as it were, by durrrr seemed to suggest that he made a fair amount on HSP

Pretty sure they were talking about HSP then durrrr realised he isn't meant to divulge information till it's broadcast.

Oh and this is from Galfond's latest blog:

Hope OMG takes him on lol

He and OMG were on a PLO table yesterday chatting. Isildur1 asked him to go play NLHE, but OMG said he wasn't feeling upto playing him at NLHE at that time. Isildur1 then told him he heard he was a great NLHE player and wanted a challenge. OMG told him he might play him at some point. He also asked him to please take it easy on Durrrr. :)

I've noticed a few other guys sitting in at the 500/1000 NLHE tables last couple days, but no action.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This sick hand just happened between isildur1 and brian townsend...all in after the turn.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Nov. 13 17.15.jpg
    ScreenHunter_01 Nov. 13 17.15.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 27
sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nasty Nasty Nasty.... Thats why i hate Omaha!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
anybody know when durr is usually online at FT?? id like to watch

Some of the sessions he's been playing vs. Isildur1 have been marathon sessions.... they are mult-tabling between 4-6 tables, $500/$1,000. They played ~14hrs. one night at the start of the week and ~ a dozen the following night. Dwan was down $2.3mil after the 2 sessions.... he then started to make a comeback but then went down even further (last I checked (last night, very late) he was down over 3mil, and Isildur was up around $3.6mil (in one week).

I've been watching them play very late at night (between 02:00 & 07:00 est).

Tom definitely seems to have met his match at the moment. Many keep saying/asking why he doesn't just give it a rest.... but as he's used to winning, I'm sure he's up for the challenge (and really... how much do you figure this guy is up in the live games?... I'm guessing it's HUGE!!!).

Anyone he figures that Dwan is a luckbox or a donk is sadly misinformed imo. It's not like he's been playing for 6mos. (he's been at it for 5yrs. now and made his way up by starting off playing the $5 sng's, then switching to cash game play and moving up the levels very quickly). This guy's an amazing player who has done extremely well for himself. Many (other reputable online players... one playing at high levels) are predicting that he'll turn things around vs. Isildur1 but I'm not so sure about that. I guess we'll have to wait & see.

Isildur1 still seems to be somewhat of a mystery person,... lots of assumptions about who he might be but none with any fact backing it up (so far...from what I've been reading up on about him). 18yr. old kid from sweden is what I heard.

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(so far...from what I've been reading up on about him). 18yr. old kid from Sweden is what I heard.
yes,his name is viktor blom and playes under the alias blom 19 or something on european sites...:)
and dont u think this is weird,look whos logged in and whos cards he sees...
1000621h.jpg

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He and OMG were on a PLO table yesterday chatting. Isildur1 asked him to go play NLHE, but OMG said he wasn't feeling upto playing him at NLHE at that time. Isildur1 then told him he heard he was a great NLHE player and wanted a challenge. OMG told him he might play him at some point. He also asked him to please take it easy on Durrrr. :)

I've noticed a few other guys sitting in at the 500/1000 NLHE tables last couple days, but no action.
Wow, Phil Galford is really good at NLHE, seems he's got a lot of respect for Isidur1. BTW they are playing 4-table 300/600 hu PLO right now.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or they were until PA showed up, guess he is more of a challenge, or did Galford uncle?