I'm sure fulltilt would give him 300k from all the money they make off his rake

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah ive herd him loosing money but im sure he has millions in his real bankaccount which he has withdrawn from FT. U gotta b stupid to keep tons on money on ur online poker account. U'd end up jus splashing on stupid bets.

GCB

GCB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like Dwan's style of play is very high risk and very dependent on his uncanny intuition. The problem with intuition, though, is that you don't know when it's gone fuzzy until you get the results of the choices you've made.

I think Dwan likes to try to beat stronger hands a lot more than most people would. But when his radar goes on the blink, which may be caused by a lot of things (medication, emotional stress, crisis of confidence) then he's out in the weeds.

Could be out there myself, but that's what I think.

TJ Cookier

TJ Cookier

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dwan should stick to NLH imo. hes down a ton at PLO this year. it might just be variance but its defo his weaker game.

Goodwooter

Goodwooter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am almost 100 percent sure its a rumour

ithinkulose

ithinkulose

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Durrrr wins alot but he also loses alot so it might not be a rumor, I think he will go broke soon just like phil hellmuth sayed. He can only be lucky for so long hes not good at poker hes just alot more lucky then others and he has been playing the big live games and the pros will wipe him clean soon enough, Remember the better player allways wins in the long run.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Durrrr wins alot but he also loses alot so it might not be a rumor, I think he will go broke soon just like phil hellmuth sayed. He can only be lucky for so long hes not good at poker hes just alot more lucky then others and he has been playing the big live games and the pros will wipe him clean soon enough, Remember the better player allways wins in the long run.
the fact that u bring up hellmuth in ur post shows that u dont know what the hell ur talking about

R

redwood54

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
durrr broke dont you beleive it.

FREEROLLSFTW

FREEROLLSFTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no this is not possible, he is up 9 mil in FTP according to a poker tracking site

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wouldn't surprise me if he was down,, but not sure I can even think of him being broke,,,, of course I've heard that many of the greats have gone bust in there life span of playing poker.....

Take care

ROYALKNIGHT

ROYALKNIGHT

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no way people can predict he is on losing streak. He might be losing in one area for short period of time. But never know how he is doing in another area. For instance, he might be he having a bad week or month online vs doing good live. No one would really know but himself.

Besides, big time cash machines like him rarely go broke. We all have our win streaks and losing steaks.

jakattack

jakattack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah this was a silly rumour someone started...... After a bit of research find he is up 9 Mill plus the durrrr challenge is going ok still so!!!!!

He'll never go broke, would like to see he win the wsop Main Event to prove he status on the wall of fame

W

WossaPotOddz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's amazing how gullible some people are.

Tom Durrrr Dwan is MINTED.....as in MULTI-millionaire minted. Stop being so gullible for gods sake.

ithinkulose

ithinkulose

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the fact that u bring up hellmuth in ur post shows that u dont know what the hell ur talking about

I know what im talking about i think the same thing phil thinks and thats what i mean. we will see when he is broke.

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Archie the Greek (a true gentlemen)
Nick the Greek
Titanic Thompson
Stuey Ungar

What do all four have in common? All have won well over $30M, and all 4 have gone broke.

Nobody is bullet proof, folks.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Archie the Greek (a true gentlemen)
Nick the Greek
Titanic Thompson
Stuey Ungar

What do all four have in common? All have won well over $30M, and all 4 have gone broke.

Nobody is bullet proof, folks.

Of course nobody is bullet proof, but Nick donated a lot of money, Stuey spent it all on drugs and women, and Titanic seemed to be a prop-better. Can we get more relevant references in your post related to online poker? Wasn't there a girl that made millions, lost it all, then killed herself? Not to mention I thought people were making a point that he lost it playing poker? Hence "losing streak".

It would probably be smart for durrr to get out of online poker at some point like Ivey did. You never see him on tilt anymore, probably since he owns part of it now and is out becoming a pro golfer.

By the way, pokertableratings has Durrr netting over eight million dollars, yesterday alone.

J

JulieK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Durrrr wins alot but he also loses alot so it might not be a rumor, I think he will go broke soon just like phil hellmuth sayed..

Yup, I heard Hellmuth say it on Poker After Dark.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow. Really? Great Post. Riveting.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what im talking about i think the same thing phil thinks and thats what i mean. we will see when he is broke.
only durrr and his accountant know what is going, the fact that u think u know what is going on shows that u dont know what is going on

wayschaff

wayschaff

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only durrr and his accountant know what is going, the fact that u think u know what is going on shows that u dont know what is going on

^^^^this. i agree 100% with this statement. unless you are his accountant you cant possibly know whether he is winning or losing.

onebourbon

onebourbon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting read....I hope he saved a few mill for this month in London...lol :

Friday, July 17, 2009
durrrr Challenge goes live in London

durrrr: totally fearless.
By PokerListings.com
His first million-dollar online challenge with Patrik Antonius isn't even half over.

But that's not stopping poker wunderkind Tom "durrrr" Dwan from throwing out another one.
This time, however, the action will take place live in London this September and Dwan will face off against four different opponents in a series of $500,000 heads-up matches.
Matchroom Sport, a television distribution company in the U.K. that will produce the shows, announced the new durrrr Challenge today and managing director Eddie Hearn is pretty pleased about it.
"We have been lucky enough over the years to promote the biggest names in many sports and Tom is without doubt the biggest draw in poker right now.
"He is totally fearless and ready to take on any player that is willing to face-off in the Million Dollar match up. This will be the most hotly anticipated match-up in modern day poker."
Added Dwan:
"I am looking forward to sitting down and playing some of the world's best players live in London.
"There looks to be lots of interest in people wanting to play me but they never seem to appear online. It will be interesting to see the response Eddie gets and just who is willing to get it on."
The challenge will see Dwan take on each of the four opponents over 500 hands. Buy-in is $500k and blinds will be $500/$1000.
Each opponent can pick between Pot-Limit Omaha or No-Limit Hold'em, and no one can quit until either the 500 hands are up or the player has busted.
Details on the opponents who have accepted the challenge will be released over the coming weeks.

ithinkulose

ithinkulose

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

He might have alot of money, But the thing is he is getting into the bigger live games now and it is only a matter of time before he loses the way he plays, Luck only goes so far. And how do you even know if he has an accountant, now that shows you dont know what is going on.