jakattack

jakattack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So its it true....

heard rumors that a close pro has lent him 300k

always seeing join tables at 30k thinks not going well for Tom anyone ellse heard this??????????/:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not heard this as of yet.
But I have not seen him playing online in some time now.
Not that it would suprise me,but I think it might be a rumor.....

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he has a lot of money

a looot of it

whatever you heard about him being "lent" 300k is most likely just him being xferred 300k online because at that moment he couldn't get a wire to the site as fast as he needed (pros don't keep most of their money on the site)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea - seems kind of silly to imagine him down to borrowing 300k lol.

valientone

valientone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, unless hes playin underground poker losing money somewhere or just spending it like a mad man i think he has a couple miL left probably put up or something , for that very reason..

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is big for some may be chump change for others. It may be true he had a losing moth or two but very hard to believe he is dead broke at the moment.

R

rhulp1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
could be true i have read somewhere (i will look it up) that he went from 3 million to 1 million in a short time some time ago.

B

bertschejv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow, i wonder if it is true. Hope not, I enjoy watching dwan play!

JaBone30

JaBone30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very seriously doubt it with all the attention on him lately. It would be a big deal on all the big poker sites. Maybe slowed down but not broke.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So its it true....

heard rumors that a close pro has lent him 300k

always seeing join tables at 30k thinks not going well for Tom anyone ellse heard this??????????/:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

hundreds of thousands get transfered online everyday, and you heard a rumor? Uh well yeah man, all the high stakes players do it.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DOWN WITH OP FOR STEALING MY THREAD,HANG HIM HIGH AS EASTWOOD WOULD SAY.

dresturn2

dresturn2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know...stu ungar died in debt...maybe durrrr had some other gambling issues...maybe he is addicted and was flipping coins with bill gates for 500k a toss and lost big....who knows?

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keeping huge sums of money online is stupid. It's best to keep it some place where it can gather interest.
Why keep $1,000,000 online when you can make your money work and get $30,000 a year from a CD? Or even more though other investments?

Asking for a $300,000 transfer is no biggie if you blew your last $300k and want to get back to playing because your $4,000,000 is busy making you $120k per year at the bank.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
since a new thread was done up. i put his stats form last year, to this year in one post. There was only 1 player that could play this way, and to witch, is a top pro, backed off of playing this way, but with out a down swing,,,,,,,
Is the only poker player i have respect for..... Give up..... ???? DB.

Attachments

• says it all.JPG
    says it all.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 31
N

NFLD_REBEL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tom Dwan has lots of money. He wins big and he loses big, that's the nature of poker. I doubt it very much he went broke and if he did he would have lots of backers and will be rich again in no time.

Baby Jesus

Baby Jesus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't they lend each other tons of money back and forth.I don't think you can said that he's broke because of one little transfer.Hillary barrowed 300 g's from Durrr and it was not big thing why is this "The down fall of Durrr"?

JohnnyFronts

JohnnyFronts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't they lend each other tons of money back and forth.I don't think you can said that he's broke because of one little transfer.Hillary barrowed 300 g's from Durrr and it was not big thing why is this "The down fall of Durrr"?

Hillary? lol

thebluff1000

thebluff1000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it could be true...i dont know about his live games but i saw him play 10X more aggressive than hansen on online cash games...its ridiculous

W

witl69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally kinda wish it was true ( shocked/?) I just really dont personally care for him he has a very abrasive personality to me I would rather sit and listen to hellmuth being a brat lmao. But, I on the other hand hear the rumor that Durr is doing quite well lately in his winning but this is the internet so who really knows anythuing if ya know what I mean. You can say or do about anything on here and rarely have to be made to back it up.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys, the top players loan money back and forth all the time. I was just catching up on HSP Season 5 the other day, and during the first session when Daniel Negreanu and Durrr were playing, Daniel busted out twice and then borrowed either 100K or 200K from Durrr to keep playing. During the same game, there was a discussion with Ziggy about whether Ziggy still owed Durrr money as well (he didn't, he had paid it back already).

If you watched many of these players talk over a table very long, you always hear about who owes who.

I'm not a big Durrr fan myself, but I don't think he's anywhere close to "broke" either. Even if so, most pros have been there more than once, and will get staked to rebuild their BR.

jakattack

jakattack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well.... must of been his online bankroll that went down!!!!!! But think i must of had a bad run!!! only saw him yesterday with 100k sitting down and waiting, How much do you think he has then??????

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
um dont think this is true i was watching him last night playing on 500 1000 blinds buying in with 100k and 50k at a time :):)

L

losts0ul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He have skills, skills will make money.