drunken scotty on espn

D

DuaneK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blazin312 seeing your avitar I can understand your liking scotty. Scotty ans Lane Flak (spl) made complete ass'es of themselves.Disrespctful to Chip's family. Hope he loses hie Ful Tilt deal.

B

baby kahuna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as spitting up beer it was Men the Master who did that not Scotty. Men was laughing as he drank. Do they look alike? Noooo!
I was disappointed in Scotty but Hellmuth, Matusow, Arieh, have been getting away with some pretty crappy stuff. Scotty has apologized and is contrite. Those others havent. Why the different treatment. Is it because he isnt your stereotype of your hero. Because he is different?
Is he any different than any of you who might have had a few too many and was under pressure and acted like an ass. Werent your friends and family forgiving to you? Cant you forgive him. He has written a letter of apology to the whole world.
We live and learn in this life. Sometimes we have to make mistakes to learn. I think Scotty will come away from this a better person. I dont have the same kind of hope for Phil or the Mouth.
MDM is not blameless. He and his crew acted like jerks too. Yelling out "BRICK" on Scotty's draw. Scotty is not going to sit there and let a young guy and his crew rub it in on him. You wouldnt either.

Wonka22

Wonka22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just going to post about this....While I won't say that I don't respect Scotty anymore, his actions were quite out of character.

I did get a couple of good laughs from DeMichelle tho. "I have a lot to learn about poker Scotty, but not from you"

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what do you think about the way scotty acted at the wsop the other night when he was playing drunk and berating the other player about there play or when he won ........i lost all respect that i had for him .....he is a very good player and a nice guy when he is not drinking and the wsop is no place for a drunken player to be at playing :icon_sant :) :p

He did what he had to do to win.... A whole lotta money

It makes me laugh about how people lost repsect for him coz he got a bit drunk and started avin a giggle.....that was so entertaining it was hilarious and the guy in the crowd giving it large was so wrong and the guy was well out of order.....NOT!!

Yeah, his friend was kinda funny. And egging him on .

After Scotty, in his buzzed state, berated a cocktail server for taking too long to get his beer

That was actually pretty funny. He just lost a big hand and IMMEDIATELY he starts in on the waitress. LOL

Scotty pla yed a hell of a game. I think him being a lil bit of an ass, helped get into the other players heads.

Now we're getting somewhere in this conversation.

I think the most shocking point about Scotty is that this is not his normal display of personality. We all see him drink on TV but he rarely ever acts like an a$$. I thought he was an ambassador of the game but now I think differently

What nobody is talking about is how the kid berated EVERYBODY HE BEAT prior to the broadcast starting. The kid was hated by all. This is what I read anyway.

Scotty set out to put an old fashioned whippin on him to teach the kid a lesson. WHICH HE DID IN SPADES.

It's just that it ain't so pretty when you're fighting the righteous fight whilst your drunk. :D

GOOD FRICKEN SHOW SCOTTY

---

T

thejuanupsman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still have not seen it. I plan on watching it tonight. I hope that it's not as bad as people have been saying. I've always liked Scotty and thought he was an entertaining player to watch.

PokerDave

PokerDave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Todd Brunson said it was a combination of the pressure on Scotty, and the fact that he was really drunk, let me find it...

“Scotty was under a lot of pressure to win. While he almost always drinks while playing, I’ve never seen him drink that much either at or away from the table. I also think the time issue caught up with him. The final table went well into the morning, and once you start drinking like that, you’re going to crash if you stop,” Brunson wrote. “It’s hard to defend him after the display [he] put on, but Scotty truly is a nice guy and a gentleman gambler 99.9 percent of the time. ESPN just caught him during that 0.1 percent when he went freakin’ crazy.”

ascott11

ascott11

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if the man wants a drink at the table let him lol.hes a legend for winning it tho, respect to the guy.does anyone know if the wsop2008 is showing on tv?? UK

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think scotty is a great player and i have absouletly not lost any respect for him. The guy likes to drink. Its no big deal. He obviously wasnt so drunk that he couldnt play.

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The point here , i think is that he basically reinforced every stereotype of the drunken gambler for all the folks who are against poker or maybe sitting on the fence on the issue. This was as bad for poker as Pete Rose's betting on baseball while playing the game was. He should be ashamed of himself.

Wonka22

Wonka22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The point here , i think is that he basically reinforced every stereotype of the drunken gambler for all the folks who are against poker or maybe sitting on the fence on the issue. This was as bad for poker as Pete Rose's betting on baseball while playing the game was. He should be ashamed of himself.

The good new is that most of the people who are against poker..and I'd venture to say ALL the people sitting on the fence didn't watch.

I also must say....Scotty didn't hurt the image any more than Mike, Phil, or even....Tony G...at least Scotty had an excuse...however lame drinking is for an excuse...what is Phil, Mike and Tony's excuse....

That video of Tony G. was THE VERY worst display I've ever seen.

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes, he should be ashamed of himself. But it's not bad for poker. Bad for what you (and I) want poker to be, maybe. And bad for him and his future sponsorships. But not bad for poker. Poker is what it is.

Poker has no image and it can't be made out to have one. IT IS A BUNCH OF DRUNK PEOPLE. Not you. And not me either. But..... it is what it is. And when the TV and glamor goes away. And it will. Poker will still be there. Moving that money around.

Poker isn't the NFL, NBA, MLB etc. Even though they will try to make it so, THEY CAN'T.

In other organized activities they can bar or fine a person based on their behavior. Basically control them. In poker they can penalize you on the spot for a violation, but they have no control over you. There is no contract. It's just poker and it will only occasionally be pretty on TV. When all the politically acceptable people make it to the final table, we get together around the coffee table. Ain't it pretty when all the people we like make it through. And when they act the way we want them to act. That's what brought the throngs to poker. Now they see it ain't so pretty.

"Well maybe if enough people get together and complain real loud, we can muscle this cigars and booze poker image out and push it towards the tuxedo set." ............... Ain't gonna happen.

That said. I wonder why they didn't slam Scotty for dropping the "F" bomb about three hundred million times. Geesh, a five minute break might have helped us all out.

---

katharine

katharine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The issue here is not how drunk Scotty was. I Don't blame the kid for hating Scotty. He tried to stack the odds against the kid by teaming up with Eric. I'd be pissed too, if I was that kid.

Did anyone see the soft collusion Scotty was trying to instigate to get the kid out of the game?

Scotty folded KKxx in omaha to a dead rainbow flop, when Eric had an awful drawing hand and was check/ called the flop. When the turn came it gave Eric a small draw he bet (almost all in) and Scotty says "here's a gift, I had you but it's a gift" or something like that.

Later, he raised up a pot he thought Eric had a good chance of against the kid. After he folded and Eric still lost the pot, Scotty berated Lindgren for his play, saying he wasn't playing on his team or something similar.
Then he kept saying to Lindgren that he wouldn't be there if he hadn'r gifted him there. Finally, Lindgren had enough and said. "I don't care Scotty. I am not on Team Scotty and never will be. There is no Team Scotty." I am pretty sure that quote is accurate.

During this time the announcer keep commenting on his "questionable tactics."

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best quote of the night came on the last hand.

The kid - "I don't deserve this bracelet. I'm too young."

Scotty - "Your right, you don't."

BwaaaHaHaaaaaaaaa............ I love you Scotty.

---

R

Ranny

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And to think I watched some of this live, just a tad pissed I missed the fun and games.