Drugs and Poker

XxfishDonkxX

XxfishDonkxX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We must be realistic and not ignore reality. The legal or illegal, drugs are 'normal' among poker players, both online and live.
I'm not saying that all poker players use drugs, much less, but say they are there.
Great figures have spoken out on this subject. For example Phil Hellmuth, who in an interview he gave in 2012 he claimed that he had met a large number of consumers speed players. The interesting thing is that Hellmuth recognized that these players achieved great results when they had started using the drug. However, these findings disappeared at 6 or 8 months and all that remained was an unhealthy addiction that can ruin their lives. NO compensates.
Here we present some of the most popular drugs among poker players, what they are used and what their side effects.
- Adderall (mixed amphetamine):
Considered by many as the 'holy grail' for poker players. However, more and more studies are discrediting its effectiveness as a mental drug.
It is an amphetamine used to treat ADHD (Attention Deficit Syndrome). It is believed to increase concentration and mental alertness in people who suffer from this disorder.
Possibly, Adderall make you feel superior to your average capacity level. However, several studies have shown that if you do something right and that the drug may worsen your performance, even if you think otherwise. Studies also indicate that all 'test subjects' thought they had improved their performance, although these improvements were difficult or impossible to prove.
Adderall will keep you awake and focused but it is not clear that will help improve your game.
Side effects: Dependency, loss of appetite, depression and paranoia.
- Ritalin:
As Adderall is used to treat ADHD, but has gained fame as a mind enhancer.
For healthy users is reputed to induce a state of hyper-focus for long periods of time. Of its kind, it is the most prescribed drug. It is affordable and has excellent availability. As main side effect is addiction

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol whatever keeps ya calm and not bite on bad cards

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well i think people play more aggresive while on coke, Like even if you search it you find stories about people who played while on drugs and lost it all,

jimmajamma42000

jimmajamma42000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the players at our weekly real life tourney does a micro dose of shrooms every time he plays. He is in the bubble quite often so it must do ok for him. Personnaly I don't think I could ever play on shrooms even a micro dose.

rocknroll0

rocknroll0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cocaine use is definitely not to good result, bad consequences will come sooner or later

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My personal experience lately with legally prescribed amphetimines is good. Now, I'm a live player, not online, so the boring factor goes up by 100 and I would find myself almost nodding off after just a couple of hours. So I talked my doctor into giving me the pills, even told him it was for poker.

Now instead of an hour or two, I can play with no degradation of attention for up to 10 hours. That's taking a 30 mg pill, breaking it in half and taking half to start and half in about 5 hours.

I'm not concerned about the addiction process since I only take the amphetimines when I'm playing poker and that's twice a week at the most.

J

joint

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
'Drugs' is a wide conception, some drugs are really bad

alar2080

alar2080

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
doping in poker

what is the doping in poker, booze to relax?sweet that would work better brain?maybe this is what the pills in order to pull myself together to think about how Bobbi Fisher and to make the right decision? And what for you doping in poker?

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think this exists, something that you use to change your concepts in the oker at the time of the move.

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never heard about it, i don't think that exist

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never heard about it, but if someone has, please share with us haha

Z

ZingyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know a few semi-pros that use Xanax and says it "helps" with their game. They describe it as "removing their emotional state" and makes em more "intellectual" or something. What strikes me is they both describe this effect in similar way but do not know one another.

Other then that maybe some overuse of caffeine to finish a late tourney.

Never heard of "true" doping in the sport. Cheating and collusion, but not doping.

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beta blockers...some pros use...others say its unfair...I say whatever helps

311evo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean, there's going to be pro's and cons to whatever you might "use". I'd recommend nothing... if you start with something and use it for multiple hours/sessions it could be a bad habit..

That being said, try the natural ginseng extract from Asia. They come in a little bottle with a straw. It gives SUPER strong concentration without the negative and addictive upper-effects like adderall would have (better for a physical sport environment..) It's also much more expensive and difficult to find...

Source: I'm a former (American) football player.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My doping consists of getting proper rest, exercise, eating properly and Maybe the odd glass of wine. I don't have the time or inclination to calculate the EV of using Adderall or other such influencing phamecuticals.

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the tournament I do not use alcohol or drugs, like a smoke, a lot of cigarettes :) :)

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm against drugs. I think that the drug is a solid problem. Never tell anyone the drugs do not help to play better poker. :joyman:

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Drugs are the way to the grave. Max - a bottle of beer.

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo theres no problem on using and going to table, but abusing it and playing poker can lead you to some several consequences and many losses on table. Surely that each one at least should know what they do with they lifes, but i dont recommend to mix drugs and poker.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I live in chronic pain so I have to take a lot of pain killers. I also use medical marijuana. That being said you don't need to get high taking such if you take only what you need. I don't smoke the marijuana I eat the oil and it works as good if not better than the prescription pain killers. I really don't think taken properly they inhibit my play at all.:D:D

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recent study showed coke and masturbation actually make u play and gamble worse

OMFG, you got to be kidding, I can't believe masturbation makes me play worse, that explains a lot hahaha, unfortunately I can't help it, for me it is therapeutic, I am afraid I will have to disagree with that :)

Evgenyi Shepelev

Evgenyi Shepelev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker and drugs a little incorrectly. The poker is and there is a drugs!!! Remember how do you feel if haven't played in a day at least one tournament. You don't know what to be engaged, in the head a thought that you have missed something interesting.

L

lancel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually doing drugs will result in unstable consequences over long times. So i don't think it is a good idea to mix things you want to be a certain way with the chaos of drugs.

Sonny87

Sonny87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol Well if people are on drugs, that would give me an edge over the competition you would think.