Downswing and how to deal with?

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! It's been 3 weeks now that I've been having a downswing in my game. What is the longest time you have had a downswing?

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Each player has such periods. If this happens then a break is the best way out, which will allow you to save your money and avoid disappointment.

I

ICU1234

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Down swing suck

It's part of the game. Take a break. Let it ride.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be for many months in a row to be honest. The best decision is to take a break from the game, or just to try to play in different rooms.
Sometimes some people can feel this after they made a cashout from the poker room.
Anyway, you always can choose another room for a game or maybe try to play some other games, like omaha , 7card stud and so on.
You also always can try to look for a freeroll or a good promotion to win something.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
3 weeks is a very long time. I also had such days, but it usually lasted up to one week.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Two months, with little peaks within the desert. And as somebody just turned the switch on, next months after those I was 'killing' it.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 weeks of downstreak negatively affects the nervous system. Need to come up with something...

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! It's been 3 weeks now that I've been having a downswing in my game. What is the longest time you have had a downswing?

The "downswing" is only a conception of the mind, which is often a self fulfilling habit.

My approach to "downswings" is to remain laser focused on proper play, and to observe the reasons why I am losing.

If I remain true to this practice, I will not be in "downswings" for long.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I've certainly had months before where I was stuck in a downswing or just sort of treading water. It can be very psychologically challenging BUT... if you zoom out and see how well you are doing in the long run that can be very helpful.

Sometimes simply zooming out and shifting the perspective can show you that a downswing is not as big of a deal as it feels like when it seems to be the only thing you can focus on.

Here are a couple of videos I made on how to deal with a downswing, how to get out of a downswing and stay out! Hope that you find them helpful and that you can get back on the upswing sooner rather than later :)

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The "downswing" is only a conception of the mind, which is often a self fulfilling habit.

My approach to "downswings" is to remain laser focused on proper play, and to observe the reasons why I am losing.

This is FANTASTIC Advice! Thank you for sharing Jordan!!!

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

There is no standard.

For you to leave, you need to know what the cause is and remedy.

Maybe it's an action of your day to day, outside the game.

To get out, you need to know what's going on.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the damn never ends and always come back

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi

downswings is the younger brother of bad beats, and since it's been two weeks as you mentioned, I think you fell into the badbeat, so it's best to stop playing in order to regain your composure and control your concentration. I also suffer from the same thing these days

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I am in downswing for over an year :)) , for serious ....i'm still waiting to turn around

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had them before and it can be frustrating. The best thing to do is take a break and clear your mind of poker for a bit. When you start playing again you will be refreshed and ready to give it another go.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More than a month. The main thing is not to lose faith in yourself and is constantly learning. True, I'm still not a champion))), well, or at least not a millionaire from the poker game. And very few people are able to study on their own without a stick.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Downswing is frequent, sometimes last for a week or two, it will depend on frecuency of participation but as a rule 15 days.:deal:

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think it was for almost 6 months. It was horrible. I just couldn't win. It wasn't tilt or anything like that just horrible luck. That was back in 2017 at intertops.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I had a period of a month and a half in which nothing worked for me, I was playing almost every day, after which I didn't play for 2 weeks and I recovered little by little. All players go through these ugly situations.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weeks. Even couple of months. I take break after 2 months downswing for my mental well being.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Love it, yh it's a concept of the mind, I just try to step away for a day or two and come back

D

daniel411

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had it in the beginning of the year and was till beginning of march, but only in one pokerroom. So i reduced there to play and played much more in an other where i didnt had that bad beats.