Downswing and how to deal with?

StomatologT

StomatologT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! It's been 3 weeks now that I've been having a downswing in my game. What is the longest time you have had a downswing?

Decline can be a couple of days or up to half a year, the main thing is not to give in to emotions and do not make a big deal out of it, continue to play as you played and progress, in every case there are ups and downs. :(

Personally, I had 2 months of failures, that's the maximum, I took a break from poker then also for a couple of months. After that came back with new strength and desire, as well as with renewed luck :)

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me this always seems to happen after I win a tournament. Micro tournament that is. I try to remember what I did on that tournament, and it never works out. So, I recommend just play freerolls till the slump goes away, it will save you allot of money,

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Downstreak is only in the brain. If you do not focus on this, then it will be easier to play.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
once I lost 250 dollars, I got angry and played tournaments of 10 and 20 dollars, to recover but I ended up losing everything.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't keep track of downswings because it is an uncessary waste of energy and time. I play daily and study 1-2 hours every morning at an interactive coaching site where I can pick and choose the subjects I study. I might notice after a couple of weeks that I haven't won in a couple of weeks but when most tournaments have anywhere from 1k-3k players then winning once a month is very good.

Jim
:):):)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
A protracted decline in profits caused by failures and a combination of circumstances is a long-term negative dispersion deviation from the mathematical expectation.In all cases, the appearance of Downswing does not depend on the player himself-he is not involved in his loss!A downswing in poker only applies to players who can play profitably.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem about a downswing is that it shifts the mindset toward paying too much attention to results.

By being bummed about the money that has been temporarily loaned back into the poker community, the mind feels like it needs to do something (anything!) to win that money back (because it BELONGS to me now!). ;)

This mindset creates the downswing. ;)

That's why it is referred to as a "concept of the mind" or very accurately "a self fulfilling prophecy".

Once you tell yourself you are in a downswing, you now start behaving like a poker player in a downswing.

So, "downswings" are just tests for us to eventually pass and move beyond. Sure, major variations in results will continue to exist but that has to be, so just let it be. :)

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My worst streak was 8 months and I had to stop playing for a while because I had to start studying my hands again to see what my mistake was. Since I came back my game has been much better and so have my winnings.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The downswings are part of the game and we just have to accept that we can't control how the cards are dealt and we can just try to make the best decisions on each street to maximize our chances of winning... IMO, with a strong poker mental game you won't have to make adjustments and just keep playing your A game and the results will come back, still I think taking breaks and studying your important spots from your sessions is also a good idea...

GLGL all at the tables BlessRNG

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello! It's been 3 weeks now that I've been having a downswing in my game. What is the longest time you have had a downswing?

I know that wasn't your question, but I think it's been a long time.

I suggest looking to know why you are in this situation and looking for the victories again.

Good luck.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

The vast majority of tournaments I play are freerolls so the downswing does n't affect me. When I go days without winning anything I put poker aside and go to my woodworking shop to invent something, it helps to clear my head.:)

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I once experienced a six-month losing streak, but I've been playing for over 40 years. I've known other players who experienced losing streaks that lasted years, including some professionals. Drop to lower stake games until the tide turns. Whatever you do, don't try to recoup your losses by getting into higher stake games. More often than not you'll find yourself humiliated and without a stake.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had a downswing in a particular poker group that lasted 6 months. I started to think they'd sussed my game and then just like that I started winning again. It's a finny old game.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t remember how long was my longest downswing. When you are in a downswing the best option for me is take a break, and then play with a lot of patience 😃

Sorry for my english 😬

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I once had a lot of bad luck in a week, and I lost all my money, 250 dollars, the last dollars I lost because I was angry and decided not to play at pokerstars again, but I came back for more:)

Robot_Marv1n

Robot_Marv1n

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just take a break and change your focus