Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Does your Girlfriend like poker?
Yes, but my missus hates it. :eek:

:top:

I think women generally don't like gambling. By nature, they are more likely to be more stable in order to ensure the survival of their offspring. Men, on the other hand, are naturally more willing to take risks to secure their offspring as well. Sure, we no longer live in caves and there are no saber-toothed tigers either ... I believe that many ladies would rather put the men's money they earn in a Gucci handbag than at the poker table. Those are 2 good reasons women don't like poker ... unless the men play so well they get their Gucci handbag. :D

Can you show us the research that brought you to this conclusion about women?

:hmmmm:

Last edited:
B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are a winning poker player, any girl will be just happy! :) If only this does not contradict her life or regilious views ...

kisjanik24

kisjanik24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

my friend who knows I'm playing poker because it always upsets the river: D

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah. Woman's like poker - if it's profitable haha

Frankqc666

Frankqc666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am lucky to have a girlfriend who respects that I play several hours in front of my poker. I even taught her how to play and she signed up for pokerstars. I'm going to try to push her to improve her playing in depth because for her it's more for fun than serious stuff. But otherwise I'm very happy that we get along well on this point me and her

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My girlfriend always supports me and understands my hobby. I am very lucky that I have a really smart girlfriend.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
She likes to gamble but is nervous to try poker. I think she’s worried about an opponent belittling her or just plain getting mad at her for “doing something wrong”. I’ve tried to tell her not to worry about that play your money how you want to play it and #*!< what other people think. It would definitely help to have somebody at home to go over hands with and just discuss poker in general.
My advice to you is not to encourage anyone to play poker unless you explain to them they can loose alot of Money and get addicted. It has ruined people's lives and relationship's.
However if she plays play money and doesn't like to gamble she might be ok

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
She likes to gamble but is nervous to try poker. I think she’s worried about an opponent belittling her or just plain getting mad at her for “doing something wrong”. I’ve tried to tell her not to worry about that play your money how you want to play it and #*!< what other people think. It would definitely help to have somebody at home to go over hands with and just discuss poker in general.

She sounds like maybe she’d be more comfortable starting out in the very welcoming world of women’s tourneys—maybe even in the CardsChat women’s league which is a super friendly community. If she’s interested, there are more details in the “Community Hangout” forum sticky [emoji4]

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Definetly not and I'm constantly trying to change her mind as well for other relatives
Have her listen to this while you're playing. :)

"You'll have bad times, and he'll have good times
Doin' things that you don't understand
But if you love him, you'll forgive him

Even though he's hard to understand
And if you love him, oh be proud of him
'Cause after all, he's just a man..." - Tammy Wynette, Stand By Your Man

CylleP

CylleP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

My girlfriend has a terrible attitude towards games ... But when I won at poker and showed her the withdrawn amount to my account, her opinion changed :D;)

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Funny you should ask!
One of my girlfriends loves poker and thinks it's great that I do also.
The other girlfriend has no idea that I like poker.
My wife want's to kill them both.
Any non poker advice will be considered...lol

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don’t have girlfriend, but have wife. She doesn’t like my poker playing, and once she asked me when will you quit playing, and I said never. And now I’m trying to balance my playing time, and wife time.
You can always find a game, a good wife, not so much.
I am no Dr. Phil but you should come to a financial agreement that makes you both comfortable with you hobby/passion.
For instance you both agree to x$ a month that you will invest and you up the ante by giving her 10% of the winnings that you generate.
Watch what will happen...OMG...she will negotiate a higher percentage (she is IN) and you agree with what ever she comes up with (as long as it's less that 50%.
Happy wife happy life! (same for good girlfriends).

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don’t have girlfriend, but have wife. She doesn’t like my poker playing, and once she asked me when will you quit playing, and I said never. And now I’m trying to balance my playing time, and wife time.
Check out my response below Amigo.
I believe that it will make sense for you circumstance.
I really am Not Dr. Phil but have been around the block a few times.
And if my advice about poker and your marriage is not for you, certainly call dr. Phil...lol

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He doesn't know how to play and said he has no interest, but he likes to see me play.

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ofc she does, she pay me to learn her and to play it

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
she would be the perfect girl for me

J

Jyko3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually yes, I told her that I play and she asks if I won or not, she always cheers me on.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not particularly, but sometimes she watches me play and says that I would quickly finish and spend time with her.

foldeamela

foldeamela

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not only does he not like it but he already asks me to stop playing it because I do not win anything

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My partner didn't know what poker was and she didn't have an opinion about it but she was open minded. In fact, she encouraged me to start playing again and said she wouldn't mind if I lost everything to poker (as in at least I tried to give us a chance to an amazing life and besides she had me spend all my time with her instead of just a couple of evening hours). And if I did lose everything, I'd be back to work, building our lives back up from scratch and she'll be there with me. In reality, I turned out not to be a losing player and she started playing with me and helping me manage multi-tabling at first. She spent nights staying up with me through tournaments. She slowly got more and more involved with poker. I showed her all the games available and after about 8 months she started enjoying to play 2-7 Triple Draw, Badugi, Badeucy and Badacey herself. At least now we've both got a chance to lose our house or maybe buy one, who knows! However, our house has got better implied odds against us. We'll see who wins in the end. Yeah, yeah, I know "the house" always wins but we're a team.