Does your family interfere with your desire to play poker?

GGthiagoXD

GGthiagoXD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my wife pisses me off because I play poker all day and I get very upset when she gets in my game.
Not directly, but ... I always did what I want to believe and like, after all not everyone gets what we like to do XD.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Due to the amount of time it takes to play poker, tournaments are usually quite long, some problem always bring some more problems if you play at semi or professional levels

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I set myself time for play and for family and it helped.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Family Interferance with Poker?

Hello. My wife does not mind at all. My family members think it is really a neat game.
Dan'o

Darkray

Darkray

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are not allowed to play poker by your family, you really better not play.

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my wife pisses me off because I play poker all day and I get very upset when she gets in my game.

Well, my wife does worry that at some point I could get addicted to gambling and lose away significant money. Although I understand her concern, I have everything under control, it was just a car, we still have a house.... jk, I wouldn't gamble that much.
I do have a great time playing as when we gamble we get a few doses of dopamine in the process, so yeah, people get hooked to it. But as the racional person I am, I would always prioritize other things over poker.
When I do play poker my wife leaves me alone, she understands that I'm using my time and gives me my space. <3

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When im at home yes...but right now away from home at university everything is honky dory. My only enemy is low energy and myself.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on the weather, at one time or another you leave the game to do something for your family. And this is normal, keeping everything well around is important to your mental strength. Anyway we should know how to balance all this, so that everything goes well! That's the way, good luck to you all.

C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes my wife doesn't like it when I can't pay enough attention to her because of the tournament, but when I spoil her with the winnings from the tournament, she stops being angry. I don't tell my parents that I'm into poker because they think it's a dangerous game of chance.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
My wife showed me poker, she also plays sometimes, and now my son has started to play too. We bought a poker set, now we are organizing offline family games

Comarata3456

Comarata3456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife showed me poker, sometimes she plays too, and now my son has started playing too. We bought a game of poker, now we are organizing family games offline
In this case almost the same as I am trying to make my lady of the poker world participate and she liked it although she does not spend as much time as I do because of our children , but if at one point the family and the game will interfere a lot

A

assanoussiba

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No problem

If you are 18+ you can play if not and ur family dont want you dont have a permission so wait a 18 and go if u have. Abig problem with ir family go out and give a peace

Alexander Rubcov

Alexander Rubcov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My parents don't share my passion for poker.They say go get a job in a factory or any other job .They would have approved if I showed a plus game over a long distance.I strive for this,I believe in myself,the desire to earn money with poker and help my parents with home repairs.Good luck with your dreams and goals.

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not at all not only if you fall, but my partner is also playing poker and even the little ones are shouting allin :)

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Family is more important than poker. Take care of the family and the poker will take care of itself.

C

chinito2410

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not at all, I live with my wife and she plays poker with me

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

I know many players that have issues with family and the fact that they are playing endless hours online tournaments. Cash isn't so bad because one can step away when needed and keep a life balance much easier.

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes poker tours always seem to go long if your a good player,,,,family hates it when they want to go out and I stay home to play poker

F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not at all. My wife my respects my passion for poker. But its important to separate a time to give her atention also.

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It is important to make a balance between life and Poker, in my experience, I had many conflicts when I started in poker with my family .. Today they support me (not 100%):icon_porc

D

D1enonli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, it's a slippery slope. I'm always balancing my poker time with wife time. She feels left out when I'm in a long MTT, but that's the goal. It has been getting better lately because I did have to cash out my winnings just to get her to understand that I'm not wasting my time. Marriage......;)

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is necessary to devote time not only to your hobby but also to your loved ones...

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play poker as I like without any family interference.

Blurt Reynolds

Blurt Reynolds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No they are very supportive but they come first anyway